main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Fanfilm

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Primrodo, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Cows! Cows! Ooo, it's a cow!
    Or maybe Justin is just a nerfherder!
    [image=http://www.petridish.net/pics/10376/Dsc08168.jpg]

OMG! Matt and I just figured something out! Jake rhymes with snake!

Badgers, mushrooms and snake

So in the spirit of this at 5:04 am, we present...

Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, JANET, JANET!

Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, Justin, JANET, JANET!

Jake! Jake! Ooo, it's a Jake!
    etc. etc.

*laughing hysterically*

Anyway, the point of this post: Pictures of Day 3 from Scott's camera can be found on the petridish website. I'll hopefully be posting my pictures by the end of the week, just waiting on getting them developed and scanned.

2. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Oh gees... when did James send you guys the url of the endless Badgers?

:S Someone was just saying Jake rhymes with Snake.... (that was before I graced the boards today)

Great photos with the bovine! *mooo*

3. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    So tired...so much done...so much more to do...Want to go back to London...Welland icky...damn virus :_|

4. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    great pictures yet again, looks like fun :)

[image=http://www.cows.ca/images/ecards/4.gif]

5. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Slight change of plans - I've decided to head to Toronto tomorrow to visit my grandparents, so it'll be a bit longer before I can scan the remaining pics (I think I'm up to 23/50 or something). I should be home Saturday night or Sunday.

6. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Tell him the sock wishes him well. :D

7. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

I would have asked if you wanted to meet up Deb.. yet you seem to be on the run.

I send my thoughts to your grandparents :)

8. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Thanks for the support, guys. Argh, Tess I wanna see you, at the parade I'm sure. Ya, I've been on the run, also both parents and brother wanted to spend time and my mom needed to vent a bit. I'm heading back to my grandparents' place now, on the road to Hamilton to see Kevin's concert by 3, and then back in London at night.

See..this is fanfilm related. For those of you who don't know our composer personally, I'm going to a concert of his tonight with a bunch of highschool friends, he's getting a composition played by the Hamilton Philharmonic!

9. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Give Kevin our best!

Your Family is ever in my prayers Deb.

10. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Well would have given you my cell #.. yet it seems to late now.

At the parade then...

11. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    That's so impressive, Debbie, is Kevin your age? What little I heard of his work sounded great :)
    Hope your grandpa is ok.

12. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Gah dude has talent. I wish i could see that. He makes me jealous that I can't do more, or anything for that matter, that can be shown to people.

13. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Hey guys,

We are back from Hamilton from seeing Kevin's thing. I went with Debbie as i know Kevin from highschool as well.

He was incredible! and the piece that he wrote was also incredible!

14. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I hope you guys had fun at that concert, and I know how crazy it can be when everyone wants to see you... except my parents live an hour away from each other.

Just to let people know, I found out on Thursday (in an email from my mom, as that's the only way we seem to be able to catch each other) that my grandmother had a stroke on Wednesday and is in the hospital. She can chew and swallow ok, but she can't use her right side (and so she can't walk), and will probably have to be put into a nursing home when she leaves the hospital. This is really just sinking in now though.

on a lighter note, I'm touched that I was included in that little rhyme.... :D

15. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    (((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))
    I'm starting another thread.
    Yes, Sarah, Kev is a few months younger than me so he's still 20 :)

16. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    anyone know where my black cape is? I don't seem to have it.

17. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Hm, I'll ask Scott Janet, haven't seen it myself.

18. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Unless it got mixed up with my stuff, I don't think it's at my place either, I'll take a look. Hopefully will get the remaining pictures scanned and up on petri tomorrow.

19. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Janet, I vaguely remember grabbing a black cloak when we were leaving Sylvia's after you had left. I asked whose it was and somebody said they thought it was yours. What has happened to it since though, I don't know. I remember putting it in the trunk of Jake's car.

20. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Just out of curiousity, what camera(s) did you use for the fanfilm?

21. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Sony TRV DCR38 the second weekend, first weekend was a DCR27 :)

22. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
  23. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Pasted email that went to the cast and crew:

As some of you may or may not know Alex, our one R2 guy, has made a rough edit of the majority of the footage.

After watching it, looking at the combined footage, including action figure incarnations of unfilmed scenes... ;) I made a few observations.

1. We were very rushed. On shoot days we did have issues of getting people on time, not to mention problems with our Mic. :)

2. We did have shot issues, missing some footage, missing lines, framing problems etc.

3. Stormtrooper quantity....lol! We had one, and hes the best Trooper I've ever known...but alas we had only one.

4. Lighting issues....some shots were lit amazingly, others were horrible, people walking in teh light leaving shadows on the actors etc.

There were a few other reasons, but those 4 were the most stand out reasons.

So, after talking to the majority of the cast and crew I have decided that maybe it is best if we reshoot the entire thing. We did have to reshoot a handful of scenes anyway, along with filming some scenes not done yet.

Here is a list of benefits of restarting:

1. The actors have all changed in the last 5 months, this would allow a no-problem situation where we can get our hair styled once and not worry about it. Mine for instance grows quick.

2. We never spent money on Fanshawe, except food and gas. So we are losing nothing.

3. We can build sets. Alex is literally a foam wizard....you've all seen the binoculars, you saw what he can do. With built sets it will cut down time as most will be reused, and will look 100% better.

4. Our abilities and knowledge have increased. We know more and can do more.

5. MORE Troopers. I know another 2 who are interested, so that makes our number to 3, thus far. With these guys' help we can possibly get more...which makes me happy.

6. With the knowledge of what we want now, its going to be simpler and easy to do.

7. Sylvia's farm is still available, and as you all know it's awesome.

We did some awesome things the first time, and I want to recreate them :)

Some things to consider.

1. Times...I have 2 options for times....either a block of days, say 4 days Thurs-Sun of solid filming. Or 2 consecutive weekends. This will help time, look and availibility of location.

2. I need commitment. As in if you want to be here say for the Friday, be here Thursday night so we can start first thing. The interior shots will be the easiest time wise, but the out door shots will be time specific.

Please tell me what you all would prefer, block of days or 2 weekends. I would prefer a block of days this may/june, get it done and done.

May/June would allow for some construction time and maybe some group meetings.

Today Nick Ring and I are storyboarding the movie with action figures so we can see whats needed and not.

Things I want to add to and bring in the production is first, to have James completely as Camera man and to assist in shot planning. He has extensive knowledge and an eye for many things. Second is to have Alex for Assistant Director. He is someone who will challenge
    and help us all behind the camera. He would also be in charge of keeping me in line. ;) Please everyone let me know what you think of this.

We can do this, and I believe it will be great! I know its disheartning to completely restart, but from what we had (roughly 3.5 days of shooting), the shots to be redone and still shot, it may be better to completely restart.

----------------------------------------------------

Big Update I know, and too some a staggering step back...but I wanted to keep everyone updated.

Besides I will be asking for all your guys's help in building sets ;)

-Justin

24. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    ahh, and some of the costumes can be fixed/finished before the shooting this time....

I prefer a block of days, but since I'm not that important, really, let the actors decide.

25. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    are there any costumes that need fixed out there? Now would be a good time to get them to me!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.