main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanforce 10 Year Celebration?

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Lightsabre, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Hey gang, has anyone thought about Fanforce at 10 years (2009)? While I haven't participated much in the last few years due to my unbelievable work schedule, FF is still close to my heart.

T-Shirts for charity? Simulcast movie marathons across the world? A mini-celebration a central location for all FF'ers? Any thoughts/ideas?

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, FF Europe has meetups every year anyway. And 2009 has both C5 and CE2, so that could get some stuff.

However, isn't this better suited to FF Comms? :p

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Going to move this to FF Comms, and post about it in the CR forum and OFH. I think this is a great idea, if we wrap it into CV that will make it even easier. Still something we need to think about and plan now I'd think.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Brilliant! What a great idea Lightsabre!

5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Cool, sounds like a wonderful Idea. I am working on getting money for CV anyway, this would be a great addition that year. So how would we go about planning this sort of thing anyway?

6. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    I think that 10 years calls for both something at any big conventions like Celebrations, but also some kind of more distributed but coordinated event between the chapters, since not everyone can make it to or afford the celebrations.

Some more specific ideas:
    for the celebrations: get one of the fan panels to do a 'meet fanforce' session.
    For everyone: T-shirts, perhaps debuted at celebration; some kind of coordinated 'SW weekend', and/or coordinated regional meetups on the same weekend (with a charity fundraiser aspects so the whole org put together could give a big 'ole chunk of change to some lucky cause)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.