main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON *** FanForce Chapter Twinning Programme ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    There is a plan being discussed to "twin" certain FanForce chapters to encourage stronger ties between fans.

The full details haven't been discussed yet, but I gather the idea is that the twinned chapters would post more in the other group's forum and depending on the distances involved, plan joint events.

Young Jedi Niagara is eligible to participate in this plan, but we need to know two things first.

1) Do you think its a good idea? Would you like to see YJN participate??

2) If yes, would you prefer to be twinned with a relatively close chapter (encouraging more joint events) or one further away (get a different perspective from another part of the world)

I would like to see everyone respond, either for or against, by this Sunday (June 8th) so I can inform the organizers if we are going to join in.

2. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Well, what would be so different than what we do now? There are people in our chapter who posts on other chapters boards and vice versa. I always figured that we were affiliated with the other chapters around us ie Toronto, London, Buffalo and Syracuse. As far as I can tell, we are already "twinned" because not only do we socialize with the chapters around us, we do have joint events and get togethers. If "twining" would make two chapters as one, than I think it's a bad idea. However, if we still keep our identity but just get some sort of "twining" label, it's not bad, however how do we decide which club to twin with?

3. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Well, personally, I think the idea is fun, but as Mitch has pointed out there isn't any local chapter that we haven't already met up with!

I think that if we do participate it should be with a more distant chapter, say in Europe or Australia. Joint events would be extremely unlikely, but having members from there posting in our forum occasionally and us over there will introduce us to new fans and new ideas and can boost activity in both forums.

It will not result in a loss of identity for any club, its just a way to increase fan communication.

As for who, the list of participating chapters is still being gathered. That is why there is a deadline for responses.

So, given the extra information, are you for or against the idea? If Yes, would you prefer to be twinned with a relatively local chapter or a more distant one? I've just give my response. What is yours?

4. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Thanks for the extra info. In that case, I am definatley for the twinning idea, and for a more distant chapter ie in Europe or Austrailia. I think the idea is great for Fanforce because it will be able to unite the fans more globally.

5. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Sounds like a good idea.

Do we choose the FanForce club to be paired with, or would it be randomly chosen?

6. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Not sure about that yet. Right now all they are doing is gathering the names and some basic info about each chapter that wants to participate.

7. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I like the idea.

But it is hard to choose where to have a "twin" city.
    I like the idea of having a Canadian twin, like say Victoria as an example. It would bridge the gap between east and west while keeping 100% Canadian.

8. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    pick vancouver ;D

they're nice people.

9. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
  10. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    because i dont speak Thai. DUH!

11. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    COUGH*TWIN*COUGH*DURHAM*COUGH

12. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
  13. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I'm keen on this. I'm torn between twinning with a far off country, or a certain fledgling Ontario group :D

14. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
  15. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Why do we need to stay Canadian?

We don't have to "stay Canadian", it was only my suggestion. Just like everything else it the club....majority wins.

16. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I like the idea of getting to know another province's Canadian chapter, but I would also be eager to talk to some overseas SW fans. Either way, I think it's a cool idea

17. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    No its another language that sounds every saimilar to Thai...its called gibberish...sometimes called slang...very confusing...I sometimes am very lost as there is little slang to geek translation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.