main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FanForce Movie Outings

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, we'll meet at Dobby Ghaut MRT Station (in front of control station) at 6.45-7pm before proceeding to Plaza Singapura for dinner.

Place of eating will probably be one of the fast-food restaurants at the basement (KFC, McDonald, Long John or TacoBell). Will settle it later.

And remember to bring SGD8.50 for the tickets; even if you don't turn up, you still got to pay up.

2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Yippee!!
    I managed to get 16 May off... only thing is that I have to work the graveyard shift the nite before... oh well, the sacrifices one has to make..... :p

3. kxt_jan89

kxt_jan89 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2003
    okie!

I prolly can't go for dinner(though i think LJS is nice), so meet where after that? and by wat time?

can't wait. :)

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Around 8.00-8.15pm, we should be upstair outside the theaters area. Think we'll wait for others who didn't join us for dinner till exactly 8.30pm? :)

JediJean, can u post which theater we'll be sitting? Thanks!

5. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Sure thing, Darth_Eagle!!

Here are all the details with regards to the Matrix Reloaded Movie Outing.....

Date: 16 May 2003
    Movie Showtime: 8.30pm Show
    Movie Place: GV Plaza, Theatre 7

Meeting Time: 6.45pm - 7.00pm
    Meeting Place: Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station (in front of Station Control)

Those who are confirmed joining us for this outing include:
    - JediJean [1]
    - DE [1]
    - Faiz [2]
    - JediClare [3]
    - Xeno [2]

See you guys there!! :)

BTW, I managed to switch with my colleague, so now I'm off on 15 May AND 16 May... and no graveyard shift... whoohoo!! :p

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Roger that! :)

I should be at the MRT Station by 6.45pm with my shades on. :D

7. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Me 2. 6.45 pm, with trenchcoat, guns and shades. Friend can't make it so my dad will be following.

8. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Roger that, Xeno!

Anyone else who may be meeting us there, but who have gotten their own tickets for the show, please let me know who you are, so that we can look out for you tomorrow.

Also, our "long-lost pal" Lukedecop MAY be joining us, but probably AFTER the movie... I have to check with him again though..... :)

9. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    OK, just a little note here...

The tickets are $8.50 each.

Please bring the exact amount to repay me for the tickets tomorrow, 'cos I won't have any small change with me.

See you all REAALLLLL SOON!! :)

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    See ya all at 6.45-7pm at Dobby Ghaut MRT Station or [/b]8-8.15pm at GV Grand Lobby[/b] there! ;)

Dom't forget your shades! :D

11. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    so how was reloaded?

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    . . . . . . [face_plain]

5 more hours to the screening . . . .

13. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I have no shades... I'll just be a coppertop. :p

Peacekeeper - As of now we haven't watched it yet, but my friend caught a sneak preview yesterday and she loves it. So I think/ hope it's gonna be great. :D

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    It was a blast! :D

Thanks you to everyone who attended it today. ;)

Next Destination: The Matrix Revolution

15. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I saw it on thursday night. I love it. Better than X-men II.

16. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Wow looks like everyone has watched it. Thankfully I'm watching it tomorrow with my family :).

I'm sure I won't be disappointed ;)

17. kxt_jan89

kxt_jan89 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2003
    Whoa...
    I didn't understand a lot of the cheem stuff. Anyway, it was really cool. The action sequences were great. :) Anybody have any theories? Maybe post them at 'the Matrix Sequels' board?

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yub! We should continue all The Matrix Reloaded & Revolution discussions in The Matrix Sequels. ;)

Okay, about our next Destination, think we better get the tickets for the date it is said to be released instead of following the announced local date. Seems like Sneak Preview will be back (and twice we missed it). :(

19. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Just wondering if anyone here would like to go for any of the Stella Artois Starlight Cinema screenings listed below:

13 Jun 2003 (Fri)
    - SW Episode I: TPM
    - SW Episode II: AOTC

21 Jun 2003 (Sat)
    - LOTR: FOTR
    - LOTR: TTT

The ticket price per person per night is $13 (Fri-Sat), and tickets can be bought at any of the Ticketcharge outlets... including the one at Chijmes... hint, hint to someone here who can probably help get tickets for us, right, right??
    Hehheh! ;)

The screenings will be at Fort Canning Green, under the stars, and we can picnic there (yes, bring along our own snacks & drinks & picnic blanket to share with everyone attending), plus dress for the occasion in SW costumes, if you guys want to - LOL! :p

The first movie of the evening begins at 8.00pm, so you do the math to figure out what time you'll be going home after BOTH movies are shown (ie. probably REALLY late, and possibly AFTER midnite??)

In any case, those of you who really wanna join in for this and need to ask permission to stay out late, pls ensure that you do so.

Hopefully my work schedule will allow me to join in too. But if not, then I will still help to make arrangements for all those who wanna go, and I will do my best to try to make it myself.

With any luck, and if all goes well, I will be wearing my Padme outfit, carrying my blaster, and bringing along my own picnic basket to boot!
    LOL! :p

Anyone who would like to join in for any of these movie outings, pls let me know, so that I can make arrangements early.

Also, the same "rules" apply.

If you can't make it at the last minute AFTER confirming with me, you will still have to pay for the ticket.

However, in this case, pls note that the Starlight Cinema screenings will allow you to use the same tickets for another night, except that different movies will be showing on other nights.

For further info, check out this website:
    Stella Artois Starlight Cinema

20. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Cool, I might wanna join in... But got Hantu at the fort canning ? somomore at night leh...

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    If you all going for the SW one, I can't make it cause that nite I'll be in KL, having to attend an event the next day.

For LOTR one, not sure if I should cause it's gonna end at 2am in the morning (movies 6 hours what). Want to save up my coming-home-after-midnight "privilages" for ROTK this Dec (unless they gonna have sneak preview instead of Midnight Premiere).

22. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Cool. I would really want to go. But unless the whole bunch of us are going, I will have to stand down. I mean... I 'd rather do something and do it big than do it small.

23. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    not interested in the sw ones, got vcd/dvd for them

BUT NO VCD OR DVD FOR THE TWO TOWERS DIE DIE MUST WATCH I WANNA WATCH!

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Wait for the Theater release one this Aug lor. ;)

25. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm interested in the SW screenings for 13th June! It'd be during my block leave (I'm passing out on 6th June) so I should be able to watch...

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.