main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Names

Discussion in 'Archive: Wichita, KS' started by zull52, May 26, 2005.

?

FanForce Names

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Dantooine FanForce

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dune Sea FanForce

100.0%
  3. Kansas Kohuns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kansas Kaminoians

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kansas Krayt Dragons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Wichita Wampas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Wichita Wookies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zull52

zull52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
  2. zull52

Dec 10, 2004
    oops...forgot 'Kansas Knights' :D .

3. Dr-No

Dr-No Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    Ooooo I like Kansas Knights, It kinda just has this ring to it.

4. zull52

Dec 10, 2004
    okay!!!!!!...lets wiat for other voters tho :) .... i like kansas knights the best to... :) !!!

-zull

5. Darth_Ziantor

Darth_Ziantor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 5, 2005
    Kansas Knights works for me!

6. zull52

Dec 10, 2004
    SO FAR EVERYONE IS LIKING KANSAS KNIGHTS!!!! YAY!!!!!!! :) we have to get the ...um starter of the fanforce to vote tho... :)

7. zull52

Dec 10, 2004
    lukeskeiwalker....sorry [face_blush] i forgot...

-zull

8. zull52

Dec 10, 2004
    or wait no....WHO STARTED THIS!!!!! I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!....i get really confused...really easily...so dont mind me...just tell me who the president of the wichita fanforce is.... :) :confused:

9. Dr-No

Dr-No Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    I'm not shure if we have one since we're not officially reconized as a fanforce yet

10. zull52

Dec 10, 2004
    ooooo....but i thought that someone placed the forum online...i thought he was the boss ( :D ) then should we vote on a president???? if so who should be nominated and who wants to be the pres. and vice pres...second runner up can be vice...?

-zull

11. zull52

Dec 10, 2004
    who voted for dff?

12. Dr-No

Dr-No Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    I did

13. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    As for names you guys have some good ideas. KCMO is the "Heart of the Alliance FanForce" I think that name is self explanatory ;) One thing I would like to point out for when you do choose a name is to keep in mind that if you do events in the future with businesses, charities, etc your name is important. When I did our poll for possible chapter names I threw up "Bantha Tippers" as a joke. Unfortunately we had some younger folk who stuck to it like white on rice and it took quite some time to get it into their heads that it was not an option. We recently had a big EP III event I have feeling that if our chapter name was "The Bantha Tippers" we would have been laughed at by theatres when trying to approach them for the event.

I didn't vote in the poll but I just wanted to clear some things up.

I didn't start this FanForce. I just came in to offer you guys some help. Whichita isn't actually an official chapter yet. You guys need to hold 3 meetings that at least three members attend. Then you will be official. At that point you get to elect your Chapter Rep.

With that being said, I am here to help you guys with whatever you need (within my power of course). I have a soft spot for you guys becuase you have the strongest chance of creating an Offical FanForce for KS. I actually live in Overland Park, but technically I am the CR for a MO FF. As much as I have considered trying to create a OP or JoCO FF I know that it just isn't feasible. The KC metro for all intents and purposes is just one really big city.

Anyways, from someone who has been in your place before it takes time and patience to become official. Our forum was created in 2001 and we didn't become official until 2003. But, by the same token the Springfield, MO FF just became official in less than 6 weeks.

As a suggestion I would say that you guys should create a "1st meeting thread." Keep in mind this meeting can be pretty much anywhere. Mickey D's, a library, bookstores, bowling alleys, etc. You guys should probably focus more on having some meetings to become official, THEN start thinking about what you want your FF to be named.

I hope this helps :D

14. Dr-No

Dr-No Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    Yeah thanks for that it did help. I do have a question though, many of the people on this board are from places all around Kansas. I mean we're mostly all within a feasable distance of driving so are we all a part of the Wichita one? I live in Garden City and that's 3 hours from Wichita but there is a decent amount of people here that like star wars and Are into the idea of a fanforce so could one of the meetings be outside of Wichita or what do we do? Just wondering.

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Just so you guys know, you need your three meetings before I can officially grant you your name. Fist priority is meetings here ;)

16. Darth_Ziantor

Darth_Ziantor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 5, 2005
    I know people said we need to have a meeting first, but this popped into my head, and I needed to get it said.

Dr.No said something along the lines of us being the farthest away from anything. In actuality, Kansas is the center of the country or whatever, so wouldn't we be considered like in the Core Area, if the country was a map of the SW Galaxy? I like Kansas Knights and DFF, but we could possibly have something along the lines of DeepCore Fan Force. Just an idea.

17. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hmm . . . but our capital is on the East Coast, so we'd be in the Mid Rim or something.

I voted Dantooine.

KT

18. zull52

Dec 10, 2004
    :) that helps bunches lukeskiewalker! thank you very much for your support and help :) ...very much! :) LETS GET IT STARTED KANSAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    Hey guys I am Darth_Djinn, Interim PR Officer for the Heart of the Alliance FF in KC. If you have any questions I am more then willing to help in any way that I can also. Like Luke said your priorities is getting your meetings out of the way.

Step 1: START a 1st meeting thread. Decide on a place and time. I know of several fanforces that did a meeting three weeks in a row in order to become official. With each meeting let Jedi_Dajuan know so that she can put it up on the news page of TF.n giving you exposure.

Step 2: upon having the third official meeting vote for your CR and THEN decide on the name. After that your newly appointed CR can let Jedi_Dajuan know.

I too am from the Kansas side of our KC fanforce.

20. zull52

Dec 10, 2004
    Thank u!!!!! :) :)

21. JediMasterFypAnor

JediMasterFypAnor Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2004
    Kansas Knights sounds great to me. Oh, and just for reference, I was the one that got all of this started up, it looks like it will finally come together!

22. zull52

Dec 10, 2004
    ...okay! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.