main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FanForce Singapore Fan Film

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by DarthCrovus, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    enthusiasm fills the air. this is gr8. :)
    I got some experience with acting, did both theatre and TV. My services are yours, just give me the script and wadever role u wanna give me. I'm quite versatile so there shud be no problem. (altho i really dig anakin-like roles :p) but for proffesionlism sake ur wish is my command.

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    One of the best fan-films I've ever seen - Store Wars

:)

3. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! WTF!!! it was so dam n FUNNY!!!!! May the Farm be with you!! MUST WATCH MUST WATCH!!! HAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

4. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    OMG OMG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL *falls off chair*

5. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Please send all scripts to fanfilm@yahoo.com.sg

I will start reading all the submissions this weekend

wah this post actually has a 2nd page now. I really never expected that. Happy Jedi Filmmaker I am. =)

6. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hi Everyone,

Thought I'll leave a note before I leave for school. I'll be spending the next couple of nights in school trying to rush out my assignments and hence will not be posting at all. Do keep the discussion going though and I'll read all the feedback on Sat, when my submission's done. And do mail me the scripts yeah? =)

Till the weekend... May the Force be with you all.

7. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Wow cool!! This is awesome! I'd love to help out, playing a character or something; Jedi would be really cool, but I don't own an FX and can do almost anything else. Plus this would be a good experience since I'm taking film next year (at least I think it's next year).. I can't really so much else other than act. LOL

Hmm..or maybe do you need musicians?

8. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I think music-wise, it'd just be taken from the Soundtracks of all the Star Wars movies. Although I can play instruments too, a whole band would be needed, which is next to impossible considering our resources.

9. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Hey Jedi_Healer, are you a musician too? What instrument do you play?

I'm a pianist myself (I learned the electone and the violin for a while but eventually gave those up), and will be going to Bard College and Conservatory of Music this August to pursue a double degree in piano performance and computer science/math. I'm classically trained but I love to play other kinds of music for fun.

Crovus, you stayed in NY before? Did you study there?

I know it's going to be hard for me to help with your fan-film, being so far away, but do let me know if you think there's anything I can do.

Speaking of fan-films, have you all seen "Sith Apprentice"? I thought that was very well done. I have yet to see "Revelations" but I heard that it's really good.

10. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Jazzy, I thought that much as well, but just just thought I'd ask. ;)

wmgan, Cool! Mmm..I play the piano, plus some basic knowledge of violin, guitar, drums knowledge... Lol s'bout all.. I applied to NAFA but got turned down... *sobs* Oh well, s'not like I really wanted to study there.
    "Sith Apprentice"? Nope, what's it like?

11. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, if I can push for a FanFilm: Life-Action and Flash/Cartoon Categories during the SW Exhibition this Nov, we can have a more National Level Competition of SW FanFilm. ;)

But as some of you all familliar with things to do with SSC, "Got lots and lots of plans but very little resources & interest to make it a reality!" :rolleyes: It'll be a battle half-won if we managed to get a SW Actor to Singapore during the run of the exhibition, let alone proper contests like FanFilms and Costumes.

12. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    "Sith Apprentice" is a parody of the TV show "The Apprentice", in which Vader, Maul, Dooku and Jar-Jar (?!) compete to become Darth Sidious' apprentice. You can watch it here: http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/sith_apprentice .

I don't think this will quite count as a "fanfilm", but more than a year ago I put together a SW/LOTR spoof combining footage from the Star Wars movies (and just a few "One Ring" shots from LOTR) with LOTR dialogue (mostly recorded using voice synthesizer software, but some taken from the LOTR movies) and the LOTR soundtrack so that the story is LOTR though the footage is almost entirely from SW. At that time, of course, ROTK and ROTS weren't out yet. Once I get the prequel trilogy DVD boxset (and I will be REALLY disappointed if Lucas doesn't release such a set to complement the OT set), I plan to redo this.

13. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    There will be a box set, but the one I know about is a 6-disc boxset, as in Epi 1 to Epi 6. That will only be out in a few years time, the last i checked.

14. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    I read somewhere that the 6-disk set will only be out in hi-def, but I'm not sure if that's a legit rumour.

Oh why did I give in to the temptation of buying the trilogy boxset? =(

15. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Sounds cool! I can be an extra, that is if I can get a costume going. If not, I would love to help out, maybe be part of the crew?

16. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    I bought the Trilogy boxset too.... I hope there is a 123 one....

17. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hai...I hope Lucas and co. change back Sebastian Shaw as Anakin's ghost in ROTJ for the 6-Box set. [face_frustrated] For God's sake, Anakin GOT to age by ROTJ tho' Sebastian may be a little too old for Anakin's 40+ age in ROTJ but still much better than seeing a 20+ year old Anakin with correctly old OB1 and Yoda.

18. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Well, putting aside all other arguments for and against the change, I think you have to agree that Hayden is more recognizable than Sebastian. Without the "scarred Humpty-Dumpty" make-up, Sebastian Shaw looks nothing like he did when he was just unmasked, and I myself didn't recognize him as Anakin the first time I watched that "ghost" scene in ROTJ (though it obviously had to be him).

As I've mentioned somewhere else, my take on this is that "Force ghosts" are felt more than seen, so what we see on screen is merely a visual representation of the real, unseen presence, for the benefit of the audience. Therefore, it doesn't really matter how the ghosts look as long as they are recognizable to the audience.

But Hayden's stare does look really creepy!

19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I agree that Hayden's stare is intimidating. It's like one of those stares Anakin gives to Padme in AOTC.

:D

20. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    I keep on receiving an error message everytime I try to send the story to fanfilm@yahoo.com.sg...

21. martianlightsaber

martianlightsaber Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
    Try fanfilmsg@yahoo.com.sg? That's what darthcrovus typed in the earlier post.

22. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Oh ya sorry! it's fanfilmsg@yahoo.com.sg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.