main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Table at C3

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    <Font size=3>FanForce table:</font>

As some of you may know FanForce will have a Fan Table at Celebration 3. The purpose of the table is to promote FanForce, telling the world who we are and what we do. We are allowed to have giveaways, but not to sell anything at the table.

I am organizing said table and I need a couple things from all of you:

1. PICTURES!
      I want to get together either a power-point style presentation or a nice flip book of pictures from various FanForce events. If you can include a caption about the picture, i.e. who the people are (board names), what the event was, when the event was?. Each FF can submit as many pictures as they want, as long as they would be considered board appropriate. I may not use them all, but it is possible. (They may also be emailed to Lucasfilm).

Anyone who has skills at putting together picture presentations that wouldn?t mind helping me with that PM me please.

2. FLYERS and GIVEAWAYS
      I realize you cannot email me a giveaway, but at least a picture of the item. I need all flyer and give away graphics emailed to me so I can email them to Lucasfilm for approval. I may have to ask you to change stuff based on what they say.

Also, if you are unable to make it to C3 or will be there only for the later days but still want to get your info out, let me know and we can work something out. I?m flexible.

3. Email all the information to jedidajuan@gmail.com.

Volunteering at the table:
    The times we need volunteers for is:
    Thursday Noon to 8pm
    Friday and Saturday 9am to 7pm
    Sunday 9am to 4pm

• I would like for there to be two FanForcers are the table at any given time. That way if someone needs to use the facilities there is backup and everyone will have company at the table. THERE MUST BE ONE PERSON AT THE TABLE ALL TIMES!! This comes directly from Lucasfilm, and it only makes sense. No use promoting something if we?re not there.

• I would like people to sign up in hour long shifts. You can volunteer for as many as you wish, just please be sure to follow through. I plan on working many of the shifts, but I don?t want to be stuck working all of them. If for some reason you cannot make a shift that you signed up for contact me ASAP. Email, phone, or text message are all fine, just contact me!!

• I am asking for an email, contact number, and real name of everyone volunteering so I can contact you if something changes or the like. If you are bring a cell number phone to C3 that number will be best. Rest assured that only I will have the numbers and I will not post them anywhere, the list will be on a sheet of paper on my desk. I realize that many people are hesitant about giving their contact info to a relative stranger, thus I am willing to give my exact same contact info to you in exchange. Sound fair? If you still are hesitant about giving the info, PM me and we can work something out.

• I have a list of who is working when (board names only) so we can all plan to meet up easier and everyone can maybe plan to work with someone you?ve always wanted to meet in real life. If you are interested in a time block PM me and I will add you to the list. I realize it?s bare bones at the moment, but I know everyone will fix that soon.

• The list! Warning it?s a word doc.

• At the table I will leave my email address and phone number so I can be contacted with problems.

• As for table rules, number one is have fun! This may be our last chance to meet each other in such a huge venue. Obviously be on your best behavior, remember you are representing FanForce. Rule of thumb, if it?s no allowed on the boards, probably not good for the table. Costumes are encouraged, but not necessary, wear what you will ;)

That?s all I got for the FF table at the moment. If you have any questions DO NOT hesitate to contact me in any way, sh

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    The Pacific Region has a Fanforce table as well that I will be volunteering at. Hopefully the tables will all be together so we can watch each others tables if need be.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm going to try to get them together. Be more fun that way.

BTW if the link to the list doesn't work let me know. I am going to try to get it in another format.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    What format is that list supposed to be in? You don't have a file extension on it.

Edit: OK, I'm a moron. Just read your warning. [face_blush]
    It's still missing the file extension though.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Actually I'm the moron here, what's a file extension and how do I add it?

6. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    A file extension is a period, followed by 3-4 characters (.jpg, .gif, .txt). If it's a Microsoft Word document, it should end in .doc (I added it when I downloaded the file, and it worked fine).

Oh, and I'm sure I'll put in a couple of hours. I just need to see the event schedule first before I commit to a time block.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks Hama, I'll fix that right up!

I wish the events list would hurry up and come out. I want to know what's what too.

Link should be fixed now. I'm updating the lists as I have confirmations (meaning names, numbers etc). I'll probably update it a couple times a day.

8. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm working the table! Everyone come and sign my shirt!

9. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    OK, signed up & what the hey, I'll probably be wearing my TIE Pilot costume for at least one of the shifts I voluntered for :D

10. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Niiiiiiiiiicccceeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yay! StL will be making a big appearance here. Now you other Chapters better catch up!

12. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I will be working and I am not from St. Louis. :p

I just have to figure out what time...

13. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    That's the hardest part......

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    No kidding, I think everyone's waiting for the times before commiting. Grrr. There's really only one thing I *have* to see, the costuming speach.

15. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm volunteering as well. Dunno when though, like so many others. :p

16. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    So how does it work if you volunteer for an early shift? Do volunteers stand in line with everyone else to get in?

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Dunno yet, you can always find me and tag along and get in early. I have to trade in my badge for the one that gets me in early.

18. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Jedi_Dajuan, Count me in!

I'll contact you a few weeks before the event so we can arrange scheduling.

I'm part of the Puerto Rico Jedi Outcasts FF.

If you are still working on the slide show Idea, I'll put something together from our FF and maybe you can incorporate it to what you are doing. Let me know so we can arrange the details.

19. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm not really in FF, but I will definitely stop by anyway. :)

20. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Now we're talking! Let's keep the ball rolling! It's gonna be a GREAT time!

21. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    OK. With the Celebration party Saturday official, we pretty much have the schedule. Let's volunteer for the Fanforce table! ;)

22. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I have quite a few pix of the RMFF, SCFF and a few of my visits w/ other FF's... How do you want them delivered?

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Email them to jedidajuan@gmail.com. Please say which is from which FF, and if possible the people's names.

Thanks! :)

24. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Can your email handle it? I could put them in a folder on our website and send you the link. :confused:

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    It's Gmail, I think I can. I worry more about my net connection than the email. If you want to link them that's fine, whichever's easier for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.