main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General FanForce vs Facebook

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Yoshee, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    I'm going to chuck this out there...

Is it right to direct new members to the page on Facebook, under the impression more goes on there?

If yes, what's the point of this site exactly. And more importantly, what is the point of the chapter forums (London etc...)?

With potentially 5 new movies on the way, we should be bringing this place back to life, not promoting Facebook. If anything, we should be using Facebook and Twitter to promote this place. In my opinion.

Discuss...

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    You are right. We should be using FB to bring people here instead of vice versa.

I'd suggest that when a piece of news is released, a thread is started here with the link to that thread given on the FB page.

Yoshee likes this.
  3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Also when it comes to the subforums of the FFUK, what would you think about doing what's been done in most other regions and combined all forums into one, but with tags for each separate forum? Take a look at the Europe, Oceania or US-SouthWest regions to see what I mean.

4. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Oh, I'm all for that 100%

5. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Personally, I think that's a great idea. FF-UK just looks like a collection of disused forums now. Which is sad given it's colourful past. Combining them all would at least improve its appearance and make it easier to navigate too....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

6. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Can we also ban automatic mobile phone signatures

Spike2002 and moosemousse like this.
  7. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Is that better? :p

halibut likes this.
  8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Yes. Or should I start putting "sent from my PC" after every post? :p

I'm all for having tags for each area, especially as places like Midlands & Wales are dead and just sit there being redundant.

I agree we should promote this place more, the FB group was established primarily to keep members who stopped posting here or even checking the boards up to date with what events were going on so that we could still do meets. The problem here has been lack of threads that encourage discussion (partly because most things we would talk about like football or Dr Who already is discussed in the JCC with more people), but if we can find a way to bring discussion back to like it was in days of old then I say get it done.

Promotion of FFUK is important, but we no longer do convention tables or create posters to hand out at places so attracting members is harder.

Yoshee likes this.
  9. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    Also some of us aren't on FB at all and risk missing a lot of information. I think Halibut's suggestion is an excellent solution.

Jedi Knight Fett, Yoshee and halibut like this.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Better start doing more threads then, so we actually have something worth linking to :p

11. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Sounds like a good idea. It would certainly make it easier to keep it busy.

Yoshee likes this.