main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends Fangirl Indulgences -- UDC #5 Response ~~Author Note 07-22-2010~~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Aww, Luke's so cute. I really like these lines:

?Um ? who me??

"...on the verge of plunging into uncharted depths, at least on his end. He dreaded what her reaction would be if she knew."

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the super comments :D

______

16: Smart

Jag believed that he had never seen a sharper vision than Jaina Solo in a red dress with silver hoop ear rings and 2-inch heels. She glided across the ball room toward the bar, ignoring all the men who tried to capture her attention. Jag?s green eyes tracked her every move. He tried to be casual as she approached.

?Ms. Solo.? He greeted.

?Mr. Fel.? She replied. There was a mischievous glint in her brandy eyes.

?Care to dance?? Jag asked, never one to mince words.

?Why not?? She, in turn, strove for casualness as she slid into his embrace.
    +

17: 99

Jaina had probably had at least 99 dances during diplomatic and other social functions. Half, if not three-quarters, had been perfunctory and so-so in the looks department, much less in the graceful-light-on-your-feet area as well.

If she were honest with herself, and Jaina was nothing if not brutally honest, she had often imagined what it would be like to be close to this stunner of a pilot, namely, Jagged Fel. His sharp wit was a match for her own, and he filled out a uniform better than anyone she had ever laid eyes on.

Being held by Jag was delightful.
    +
    18: Chief

?Strange,? Jaina mused to Jag as they strolled under the moon?s silvery glow. ?Of all the roles I?ve filled, I?d say that being Squadron leader was my favorite. It was a culmination of my dearest ambition and a testament to my prowess.? She grinned.

He squeezed her hand and replied: ?You certainly are great at it?you have the highest sim scores of anyone I?ve met. So, you?re not interested in following in your mother?s footsteps??

She rolled her eyes and shuddered. ?Politics, no thanks!! Boot-licking is not my forte; I?m too much Han Solo?s daughter for that!?

Jag laughed.
    +
    19: Agents

Mara scooted around the corner of the building to her right and hugged the shadows; she was trailing agents/spies for the Talgorian Insurrection who wanted a return to the ?good old? Imperial days. She and Jaina were working on the same team of Jedi affiliated with the Intel team. Jaina?s squadron was providing cover in orbit as part of the defensive blockade.

Mara felt a tingle through the Force, pulled out her wrist-blaster with one hand and unhooked her lightsaber with her other. She deflected bolts and fired simultaneously. Mara grinned, satisfied with her perfect aim. She still had it.
    +
    20: Shoe

Luke scooped Mara up in a hug and spun her around. ?I missed you.? He whispered in her ear.

She smiled as she kissed him hello. She glanced over to see Jag giving Jaina an equally enthusiastic welcome.

?Don?t you even want to hear how the mission went?? She teased.

Luke dimpled at her. ?I know it was a complete success. The details can wait.?

?How do you know??

?I know you.?

Back at their apartment, Mara kicked off her shoes, and they snuggled on the sofa.

?I didn?t even have to use the vibroknife in my boot.? She grinned.

++++++++

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Sep 5, 2004
    Happy Jaina/Jag moments= [face_love]:D

I didn?t even have to use the vibroknife in my boot [face_laugh]

=D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet [face_dancing]loved them :* Jaina and Jag are really nice together.

5. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    20: Shoe

Luke scooped Mara up in a hug and spun her around. ?I missed you.? He whispered in her ear.

She smiled as she kissed him hello. She glanced over to see Jag giving Jaina an equally enthusiastic welcome.

?Don?t you even want to hear how the mission went?? She teased.

Luke dimpled at her. ?I know it was a complete success. The details can wait.?

?How do you know??

?I know you.?

Back at their apartment, Mara kicked off her shoes, and they snuggled on the sofa.

?I didn?t even have to use the vibroknife in my boot.? She grinned.

[face_love]:* I loved this!! Definitely my favorite of the set, though they were all wonderful. @};-
    Splendid job- your drabbles and stories are always a treat to read. [face_dancing] Looking forward to more! [:D]

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This set was . . .beautiful. [face_love] It felt good to read - all the best moments of 'Dark Journey' and then a few - with a mature Luke/Mara relationship that felt so much like the old days that it was perfect.

Yeah, I'm just all smiles right now. :D

Smart: Oh yeah, completely casual. [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

99: Jag and Jaina and everything perfect about them in a nut shell! :D

Chief: I adored the *subtle* knocking of current profic. ;) Boot lickers, them all! [face_laugh]

Agents: Perfect Mara! You were rocking with your characterizations this week. =D=

Shoe: OMG, best drabble in this thread so far! Mush humor, and that last line -yep. This was brilliant. [face_love]

I can't wait for next week! [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    21. Super

The first time Han saw Leia, he was impressed by her tremendous aplomb and quick thinking. She was a crack shot, too. He?d known many lovely women in his day, but her bravery and intelligence, and fiery tongue were unparalleled even in his admittedly chequered career. Could she be interested in me? He wondered. Frack no. He decided. He flirted and teased. She quipped back and gave him the disdainful eye. When he kissed her the first time, he decided she was the best kriffing kisser and he definitely wanted many, many more where that came from.
    +

22. Bat

It felt like he?d been clonked on the head with a heavy, blunt instrument. Luke didn?t know who or what to believe. Those he?d trusted to always be truthful and to be honorable above all other things ? now their long-told stories were being called into question. And now, with a simple declaration from Darth Vader all that had come unravelled in less than a moment?s time! What was there left to hold onto and to put faith in? And if the unspeakable was indeed the truth, what did that make him? He would doubtless be judged and condemned by many.
    +

23. Wonder

The first time Luke saw the vast starfield in space he was struck with awe. It was all he?d imagined it to be, and more! Vast oceans of sparkling gem-like lights glowed against the velvety blackness. So many worlds, and so many adventures beckoned! Even after many missions and a lot of heart-aching trials and tribulations, the stars never lost their wonder and ability to make him feel serene again, almost the young idealist he?d been so long ago.

?Hold onto the wonder of discovery and the fulfillment of being able to make a difference.? He told his students.
    +

24. Hawk

The enemy ships were emblazoned with a bird of prey, which mirrored their warlike mentality. They swarmed out of the skies in scores, lasers firing in bursts and plumes of green and blue fire. Rogue Squadron never lost their poise but with the honed symmetry and synchronization of flawless teamwork made short work of the adversary. With the combatants dispersed successfully, the convoy was able to make a safe landing.

?All in a day?s work.? Wedge told Iella over the comm later that evening.

?Braggart.? She teased, with a note of undeniable pride.

He laughed. ?I miss you too, love.?
    +
    25. Lantern

Mara?s presence was like a beacon. It had been that way when she?d picked him up in the Wild Karrde that first time and when he?d gone after her at the Katana fleet. As their friendship deepened and turned into something more, she was always a haven of light and warmth for him. She was his anchor in a raging sea and was able always to infuse him with the hope and strength to continue against insurmountable obstacles. She and he together ? woven together in love and commitment ? there could never be a better complement for him. Nor ever would be.
    ++++++

8. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Hold onto the wonder of discovery and the fulfillment of being able to make a difference.? =D=

[face_laugh] Wedge! Love it.

Lateran was sweet! [face_love]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Super[face_love] that's Han and Leia

Bat. Luke would have felt that way

Wonder superb

Hawk. liked to see Rogue squadron

Lantern. :* sweet with Luke and Mara

10. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    I loved the Jaina and Jag ones :D
    and Luke dreaming of the stars ... :D

awesome two sets =D=

11. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Hawk
    The enemy ships were emblazoned with a bird of prey, which mirrored their warlike mentality.
    [face_thinking] Hmm, I think your inner Trek is showing through, that sounds an awful lot like a Romulan Bird of Prey.:p

They were all so wonderful, but Wonder was by far my favorite.

?Hold onto the wonder of discovery and the fulfillment of being able to make a difference.? He told his students. [face_love]

12. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_love]
    These were all just fabulous, but "bat" was my very favorite, followed closely by "lantern".
    Wonderful job!! =D=@};- [:D]

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Super: OMG, that was so incredibly Han that I couldn't help but laugh. [face_laugh] Oh yes - that was my fave of this set!! :D

Bat: Ouch, poor Luke. :( Youcaptured his emotions perfectly. =D=

Wonder: Great descriptions in this set! :D

Hawk: Too cute! :D

Lantern: Oh, and I thought I adored Super - this one was just perfect on so many levels, and then some. [face_love]

Brilliant set! =D=

~MJ @};-

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Getting caught up. Loved them muchly. Especially Mara's crack about not using the vibroknife in her boot. :)

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the super feedback!!!

Kailene ? LOL! It?s that obvious ? duh! Thanks! :* Definitely shapes all my ? turns of phrase [face_laugh] ;)

~~~~~

A/N: This week was pick your own set from UDC 1 or 2. I picked some from UDC #1.

Loving dedication to Kailene and FG. And other J/J-ers. [face_love] :*

______

21. Nothing

Jaina stomped off in a huff. It was nothing, he insisted plaintively. Anakin had wrecked her favorite X-wing adventure game console by ?tweaking? it! She groaned inwardly. As if he didn?t have enough of his own ?toys? to play with, he had to go scrounging around in hers! It didn?t help anything that he could eventually get on her good side again with those ?innocent? blue eyes. Jacen was her partner in mischief, but Anakin held a special place in her heart, particularly when he brought her a sweet treat to ?make nice? again ? her absolute favorite cream puff pastries.
    +

22. Everything

Jaina beamed as she stroked the flaring outlines of her fast space yacht. It was everything she?d ever dreamed of owning. It was definitely a step up from the X-wing she?d flown so often and now she didn?t have to beg or borrow a ride with anyone else. She little blue-toned gem was all hers to enjoy. She was going to call it the Rogue?s Endeavor. She puzzled over whom to take first on a test spin. Zekk was such a pal, and Kyp was more like an older brother ? ah!!! She had it! Her eyes glowed. Jag was perfect!!!!
    +

23. Now

?This is nice!? Jag exclaimed as he settled into the copilot?s seat and the engines hummed sweetly to life. Jaina grinned as they got clearance and headed outsystem. She leaned back in her seat and the lights from the control panel caught in her brandy-colored eyes. She pulled back the hyperdrive lever, and the starlines shifted for their short jaunt. She set the controls on auto and winked at Jag.

?Like my ship?? She asked, coming over.
    He hugged her close and pulled her onto his lap for a long kiss. ?I?d love a ? tour of the Captain?s cabin.?

+

24. Forever

Jaina sighed happily as she recollected her sweet times with Jag. There were few things she was as certain of as that she loved him dearly and that they belonged together ? forever. She?d dithered about staying with the Jedi and fulfilling a ?Grand Crusade of Justice? while he took up the reins of power in the New Empire. But all that she?d lost and sacrificed and seen others lose ? had taught her life was too short. Way too short to let the love of her life walk away ? again. She squared her shoulders; her mind was made up.
    +

25. Fate

Jag had braced himself for her final decision ? he tried not to be a pessimist but couldn?t quite be optimistic about it either. He sighed and stared listlessly at the sunset. If she let him walk away this time, he was afraid their second chance would never come around again. Through all the tragic times and trials that had separated them, he?d never stopped believing they were destined.

What if she didn?t agree, or found that to be ? somehow inexplicably irrelevant?

A soft footstep made him turn, afraid to look at her.

?When do we leave, sweetheart?? She beamed.
    +++++++

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    21. Oh Anakin! Working the blue eyes and treats.
    22. Jag was perfect He sure is. [face_love]
    23. [face_mischief] A tour, indeed.
    24. Now that's the right decision for Jaina.
    25. [face_dancing]

Lovely pieces.

Thank you for early morning mush.;)

[:D]

17. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    How about we send Forever to TPtB at DelRey & LFL, [face_mischief] See how easy it is for J/J to be happy & together!:p Well done !!

Loved the innocence of childhood in Nothing, and then of course there's Now , Squee!! Lovely mush !!

?Like my ship?? She asked, coming over.
    He hugged her close and pulled her onto his lap for a long kiss. ?I?d love a ? tour of the Captain?s cabin.?
    [face_love] [face_blush] Love it!!

18. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    21. Nothing

Jaina stomped off in a huff. It was nothing, he insisted plaintively. Anakin had wrecked her favorite X-wing adventure game console by ?tweaking? it! She groaned inwardly. As if he didn?t have enough of his own ?toys? to play with, he had to go scrounging around in hers! It didn?t help anything that he could eventually get on her good side again with those ?innocent? blue eyes. Jacen was her partner in mischief, but Anakin held a special place in her heart, particularly when he brough her a sweet treat to ?make nice? again ? her absolute favorite cream puff pastries.

Wonderful job! =D= All of them are so sweet! [face_love] Loved them all! [face_dancing]
    [:D]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A perfect set with Jaina from young girl to lover. Enjoyed them [face_love]:*

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Nothing: [face_laugh] Ah, yes! The ups and downs of siblings. Her relationship with Anakin was adorably portrayed here. I have a smile plastered to my face at it. :D

Everything: I loved the subtle . . . sorting through of Jaina's boy toys. [face_laugh] Oh yes, romantic flight for two under the stars? Perfect!

Now: [face_love] Oh yes, the Captain's cabin, the bunk . . . the Captain herself. [face_laugh] [face_mischief] [face_whistling]

Forever: THANK-YOU!!!!! =D= Now, if we can just PM this to the current profic writers . . . [face_devil]

Fate: And it just doesn't get any better than that!

Thanks for such a fun set! :D

~MJ @};-

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the great comments!! Hugs!!!!

_______

The prompts this go around were:

Iron

Challenge

Stadium o_O LOL
    Chairman

Chef

Luke thought he?d rather be in a metal cage behind immutable barricades than stuck with another vacuous woman!! This one was the pinnacle of airheaded! She had Mara?s lovely coloring and eyes that were almost as green. But her intellect fell far short. If he had to listen to another ?Golly gee? and ?Like you know? he felt he would start to pull his hair out!!

His brother-in-law, Han, gave him a commiserating look and shrugged. He didn?t know how to extricate his friend from the clutches of this ninny wide-eyed Jedi groupie.

?Hey, Junior, the party can?t last forever.?

Leia loved a challenge. And one of the biggest ones was finding his brother a date for one of these obligatory functions. She figured if he had to attend, he should have charming company. Luke had the warmth and sweetness to draw a proper lady, but he was ?too busy? to give it much attention. These sporting events to entertain visiting dignitaries were grueling. Han loved any excuse to watch live smashball or shockball games. It went right over Leia?s head and Luke ? it was slow torture. You couldn?t just walk away if your current partner was a karking bore!

Luke perused the stands around the stadium trying to catch someone?s eye, so he could tactfully excuse himself. He saw Mirax and Corran and Wedge and Iella farther up and decided to go say hello. With a genuine inner sigh of relief, he excused himself and went to chat.

?Hi!? Wedge greeted as Corran grinned a hello, and their wives smiled warmly. ?I could tell you wanted to get away from there!? Wedge winked.

?Was it that obvious?? Luke asked, appalled.

Corran laughed. ?I could tell she was talking your ear off and you had that hunted, glazed tuning-out look.?

In an office tower not too many klicks distant, Mara Jade was fighting a stress headache. She was meeting an officious CEO of a trading concern. He kept ogling her and trying to touch her thigh under the table. She glowered, not even trying to keep a professional smile on her face. One more grope, mister, she thought, and my vibroshiv will cut you where you don?t want to be! She threatened silently.

As soon as the deal was satisfactorily concluded, she closed her briefbag with a decisive snap and sauntered out of the conference room with barely a nod.

Luke was finally able to relax as he and his sister?s family joined the Horns for dinner. When he?d failed to come back quickly enough, his erstwhile companion had wandered off. At the restaurant, Luke ordered the chef special.

Mara was nursing a tall ale at the bar. He waved her over.

She sauntered over with her drink and joined them. He told her of their ?interesting? evening at the tournament and then she confided about the oaf at the trading talks.

Luke sighed in commiseration. Live music started, and he asked Mara to dance.

The evening was turning out quite nicely, after all.

++++++++

22. Telma_Starkiller

Telma_Starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2010
    Awww, that's cute! ;)

(This is FelsGoddess's sock. :p)

23. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    She sauntered over with her drink and joined them. He told her of their ?interesting? evening at the tournament and then she confided about the oaf at the trading talks.

Luke sighed in commiseration. Live music started, and he asked Mara to dance.

The evening was turning out quite nicely, after all.

Aww, I'm glad it turned out ok in the end. [face_love] ...And the first one was so funny! [face_laugh]
    Spectacular job!! =D=[:D]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Very nice, you made a humorous little story out of the prompts. Loved them flowing into each other.=D==D=

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Golly gee, that was a wonderful set. Like, you know?

;)

:p

I loved how you grouped everything together - gah, it's almost embarrassing that there are people out there who can act like that. :rolleyes: The evening ended up . . . wonderfully though. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.