main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fangirl Indulgences -- UDC #5 Response ~~Author Note 07-22-2010~~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    21. Nothing:
    ROFL I never imagined Jaina to be a game console girl LOL

21. Everything:
    So over Zekk and then Kyp she got to the conclusion that Jag could be perfect? XD silly girl she is LOL

23. Now
    kinky Jag :p

24. Forever
    =D= awesome conclusion for her

25. Fate
    right decision ;)

26. Iron
    ROFL why not pull out the hair of the groupie? :p

27. Challenge
    [face_shame_on_you] don?t play matchmaking Leia - he not likes it :p

28. Stadium
    ROFLMAO ... he isn?t any good with such things :p

29. Chairman
    just cut his hand off Mara, shouldn?t be such a problem for you ;)
    [face_laugh]

30. Chef
    aww :D

2. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Great many sets drabbles Jade_eyes! I, of course, particularly enjoyed the L/M ones! ;)

?Um ? who me??
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Always the innocent, huh, Luke?:p

Please put me on the PM list, I've been hanging on a string for a long time now but it should be slowing.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all for the nice reviews; kataja's added to the list.

____

Week 8:

Prompts were ducks; money; uncle; gizmo; tales.

~~

It was a near thing ? dodging the hail of blaster fire that came from three directions while deflecting them simultaneously. Jaina sighed with relief as she reached the relative safety of a side corridor in the capitol building.

Tahiri joined her there a moment later.

?Anakin took out the holocam system finally so we should be able to make it to the spaceport and then off without being followed. And I left a false trail from this point.? She grinned.

?What kind?? Jaina asked.

?Down to the lower levels.?

?Chasing insurgents is certainly hard work!? Jaina mused. ?But an adventure!?

?I?m only in it for the money.? Han had insisted early on. Leia had scoffed and rolled her eyes, not really believing his assertions. There were more than 20 things he could do and get better, more reliable pay, that wouldn?t be as risky ? though the risk was probably something he thrived on, she thought ruefully. He doubtless wanted to make a difference in a greater cause than his own immediate survival and profit ? though of course he?d never admit that!! He smirked and snarked at her so relentlessly ? was it possible that she was one of his inducements?

?My friend?s folks got their marriage contract cancelled,? Jaina told her mom one day. ?Now she told me her mom is bringing all sorts of ? friends to dinner ? her mom wants her to call them ?Uncle.? Jaina rolled her eyes.

Leia asked: ?What did your friend say??

?They?re not your or dad?s brothers and I don?t want them for my daddy either!? Jaina replied.

Leia hid her grin.

Jaina rolled her stylus along the tabletop thoughtfully before asking: ?Mom? If you and dad ever split up ??

?We?re not going ??

?I know, but skip the whole uncle thing, please!?

?That?s not a toy!? Tahiri told her youngest niece. ?It?s a lightsaber crystal.?

Krista gazed at it in fascination.

?You?re making a new one??

?Yes.?

?Why??

?I want one with two colors ? purple and silver.? Tahiri answered, fitting the crystal into the housing. She concentrated for several long moments, before hitting the ignition stud.

A lovely double beam sprang to life.

Krista looked at it awed.

?It symbolizes Anakin?s and my blended lives and joined hearts.? Tahiri answered with a dreamy look.

Krista looked mystified. ?What does that mean??

?You?ll find out when you?re older.?

Krista groaned and sighed.

Of all the stories she?d heard growing up, Jaina liked the one about her folks getting together the best. While Anakin and Jacen asked for bantha cub and pirate or Sith/Jedi adventures, this was the one she begged for.

She was so happy that her mom had told Isolder off! She couldn?t have stood to grow up in that stuffy treacherous Hapan court with that old bat Ta?A Chume!! Besides, her daddy was much more fun than Isolder would ever have been!

?Aren?t you glad you married Daddy?? She asked once.

Leia pretended to consider. ?Well, in fact, very much.?

++++++

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW you made them into a smooth running story. Great work=D==D=

5. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    I like the way you blended all the prompts together to make one story. Great Job !!=D=

?It symbolizes Anakin?s and my blended lives and joined hearts.? Tahiri answered with a dreamy look. [face_love] [face_love] Awww! So sweet.

6. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?It symbolizes Anakin?s and my blended lives and joined hearts.? Awwwww.

She was so happy that her mom had told Isolder off! She couldn?t have stood to grow up in that stuffy treacherous Hapan court with that old bat Ta?A Chume!! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Lovely piece. [:D] =D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: Thanks to all who have replied so far. :D The idea for week #9 occurred this morning at the crack of dawn [face_laugh] ;)

Prompts were: murder, mystery, writer, retired, teacher.

Will send PMs to those on the list comboed with Week #10.

:)

~~

When it comes to theoretical questions by his students ? when if ever taking of a lfie is warranted ? Kyp has an easy time categorizing his own heinous crimes.

They weren?t the unavoidable collateral damage of war or the unforeseen and unplanned outcome of a dangerous situation! His crimes rated as flat out genocide.

There were times when guilt ate at him and he was mystified by the fact that his friends and colleagues were able to reach out with mercy and compassion, although naturally their trust had to be earned again. It was a miracle it hadn?t been lost forever.

+

One of the most delightful puzzles Kyp had to unravel was what Liz saw in him. Here was this lovely, funny, brilliant woman who could have had her pick of the lot in her circle of work acquaintances and circle of friends.

Yet, she?d picked him. He had no choice in picking her ? as soon as he had laid eyes on her, that was it!!

Each date just confirmed how right she was for him.

One evening, he asked her what she saw in him.

Her eyes glowed. ?Besides the obvious?? She grinned and kissed him. ?All I need.?

+

During their time apart, they wrote letters. Hesitantly, at first, with a great deal of tentativeness. Not wanting to bring up topics or reminders of the complex issues which had driven a wedge between them.

After the first couple careful exchanges, it got easier ? more like chatty friends. Teasing and confidings soon followed. Kyp kept waiting for a sign that Liz was interested in someone else ? dreading it actually: he couldn?t expect her to pine away forever. That would be unrealistic and unfair besides. To his utter relief, such a declaration never came. Could they have a fresh start?

+

When Liz?s supervisor retired, it was natural that they would think to offer her the position. She had enough overall years of experience in the field to qualify. But a strictly desk-bound job with little contact with clients was not to her liking. She loved the hands-on feel of providing practical and emotional assistance to those in hard situations. She declined the offer and decided to keep her current position. As her correspondence with Kyp continued, another unexpected wrinkle developed. She missed him increasingly and was starting to remember why she?d fallen for him in the first place.

+

Of all the lessons learned in their time apart ? it was to relish each new day together like it was their first and their last.

An unexpected crisis had crossed their paths again. Once they had set eyes on each other again, nothing in all the worlds could keep them apart again. Several talks and fun moments later, they were closer than ever ? the trust deeper, the affection warmer, and the passion ? Liz had to smile. Never a complaint or a problem on that score.
    They?d been careful in the early days not wanting their desire to cloud the issues.

+++++++++

8. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Her eyes glowed. ?Besides the obvious?? She grinned and kissed him. ?All I need.?

[face_love] [face_love]

Lovely piece. =D=

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Awww, very sweet.

=D=

10. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    One of the most delightful puzzles Kyp had to unravel was what Liz saw in him. Here was this lovely, funny, brilliant woman who could have had her pick of the lot in her circle of work acquaintances and circle of friends.

Yet, she?d picked him. He had no choice in picking her ? as soon as he had laid eyes on her, that was it!!

Each date just confirmed how right she was for him.

[face_love]

Lovely job on both sets. =D= Looking forward to more! [:D]

11. kataja

May 4, 2007
    Week eight - I loved the voices you gave the children in these!

Week nine - Ok, my first Kyp/Liz fic. :p I adored "murder", and actually knew what is was about too! :D The four last ones I had no reference to but you made them easy to recognize and relate to anyway! Great job! [:D]

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    And there are so many more out there. :p

13. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    very lovely :D
    nice interruption at work ... I am feeling all [face_tired] today'ish.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Author's Note: Inspired by the amazing starwriter24 and maggy and their A/T-only centric drabbles, :cool: I'm going to start a non-UDC challenge but use selected prompts from prior challenges in a grab bag of from 2-5 drabbles a week -- half will feature L/M, and half J/J. Be warned, I will pick those that will lend themselves to mush LOL

Any and all who have been faitful followers of this thread please weigh in on whether you'd be interested and would like PM notifications when they start.

And let me know if I should continue with this thread or repost the J/J and L/M in the new thread.

I live to serve up heaping helpings of mush!!!

Thanks and hugs!!!!!

15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    You know I am always up for some more mush from you! [face_laugh]

You can count me in on any and all drabble threads (and anything) you get going. ;) (And PMs would be beautiful for my chaotic mind. 8-} ;))

~MJ @};-

16. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_dancing]
    I'd love to be on the pm list for those! [face_batting]
    [face_love]
    [:D]

17. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    More J/J mush? I'm in. ;) Makes the world go 'round.

Can't wait for it. :D

18. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    I'm with Felsgoddess ! More J/J mush !! Psych !!:D

And PM's would be wonderful - some days I can't even remember my own name.:p

19. kataja

May 4, 2007
    I'm always in for L/M so count me in! J/J - ok then :p . PM's are (obviously) necessary at the mo - ahem 8-} I seem to be a little hang up...

Mush yes, I love mush... but I love many things...;)

As for continuing this drabble thread or not, I didn't quite understand what you meant, should you stop this and go on with the other or should you run two drabble therads plus the morsels? Wise from my own mess I'd say: don't drown yourself - tomorrow will come anyway :-B and better one finished challenge than three started. On the other hand, you know better than anyone else what you can do, so listen to yourself! [face_batting]

Looking forward to whatever you bring! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.