main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit [Fantasy Flight Games] Because it just keeps getting better

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The Star Wars: The Card Game Core Set presents four fully developed starter decks that can be played out of the box, two each for the light and dark side. Each starter deck allows players to command one of four different affiliations:​
    • Imperial Navy: The Empire established command of the galaxy through the strength of its massive fleet. The Imperial Navy faction excels at spreading out across the galaxy with capital ships, starfighters, troopers, and visionary leaders such as Grand Moff Tarkin.​
    • Sith: Drawing upon the tremendous power of the dark side of the Force, the Sith rule the galaxy through fear. Led by Emperor Palpatine and the dark lord, Darth Vader, the Sith aim to crush their opponents’ throats and ambitions.​
    • Rebel Alliance: Borne upon the wings of starfighters and the backs of Rebel troopers, the spark of freedom still flickers throughout the galaxy. Leia Organa, Admiral Ackbar, and other leaders of the Rebel Alliance call upon their pilots and soldiers to make quick, tactical strikes against the Empire.​
    • Jedi: The fire of these adherents to the Old Ways has not completely extinguished. Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and others ally themselves with the light side of the Force. They make good use of their training, their Jedi mind tricks, and their finely-crafted lightsabers.​
    Much as the different affiliations work toward a common cause in the original films, they can join together in Star Wars: The Card Game to rule or save the galaxy. Players who take advantage of the game’s deck-building options can mix affiliations from the same side of the Force.​
    Additionally, the Core Set will grant players their first taste of two other affiliations to be further developed in expansions to come.​
    • Smugglers and Spies: This affiliation features the light side’s heroic rogues and scoundrels, typified by Han Solo. They’re tricksters and fighters who make good use of their quick minds and quick reflexes.​
    • Scum and Villains: Money can’t solve every problem, but it can buy a lot of answers. With a cast of unscrupulous characters like Boba Fett, a host of enhancements, and tricky tactics, this affiliation more than proves it’s worth every credit.​
    The characters and themes of Star Wars come to life during the thrilling battles of Star Wars: The Card Game!​
    And, of course, the art:​
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    if the art and the artists are in any way near of those in the Galaxies TCG this should be awesome.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I am intrigued. The artwork is gorgeous and I like that there will be plenty of EU references, if the mention of Kuat Drive Yards on the site is any indication. I want to see more art!!

--Adm. Nick

4. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    MUST HAVE... hmm I need to raise funds on kickstarter :p

5. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Just for you:

[​IMG]

Zeta1127 likes this.
  6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Nice! Do we have any shots of Rebel capital ships or starfighters? I am really hoping that they also do named capital ships, like the old CCG. I want to be able to deploy Home One, Redemption, and Liberty!

--Adm. Nick

Zeta1127 likes this.
  7. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    The answer to your question is yes.

[​IMG]

Zeta1127 likes this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  9. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Looks great. FFG strikes again!

10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Very nice. A release date of Q4 2012 is essentially only three weeks away, at least from the start of Q4. My guess is before Christmas, but either way I am excited!

--Adm. Nick

11. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Yeah, I think they mentioned at some point they're aiming for a holiday release.

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, I'm sold on the art.

13. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    More art.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gorefiend likes this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Don't like the picture of His Majesty; looks too much like the Joker.

15. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    The Star Wars: The Card Game Core Set contains everything two players need to begin battling for the fate of the galaxy:
    • 240 Cards (117 light side, 117 dark side, and 6 Force cards)
    • 1 Death Star dial
    • Nearly 100 damage, shield, and focus tokens
    • 1 Balance of the Force token
    • Rulebook
    Take note of the absence of any mention of a "Dark Side" or "Light Side."

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I've seen some of these on Wookieepedia (I think it was Wook) a while ago, not recently at all.

17. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    The 2011 does tend to give that away, doesn't it?

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I just now see the bold 2011 at the bottom of the images. :oops:
    They're really beautiful btw.

19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Were can one buy this when it is released? The art is awesome!

20. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Love the Vader Hoth shot.

21. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Note to self: Send my portfolio their way, next. Already have the contact info for their art director. ;)

Those cards look gorgeous, but I have no plans on buying any. I still get flashbacks from my Pokémon days. And every now and then, I manage, somehow, to find some of my cards, when I could have sworn that I had gotten rid of those. Still, they mock me and remind me of money and hours wasted!

22. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I sold my Magic and other trading cards a while ago and did make quite a profit, so not a total waste for me. :)

23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Did you get enjoyment out of those cards at the time? Then it was not time wasted. Overvalued, maybe, but not wasted. I regret spending so much money on Pirates of the Spanish Main, but it was a fun game to play with my roommate in college. So not time or money wasted.Same with the Galaxies TCG. I had fun playing it, but now it is gone. At least these cards are physical, and not digital only.

I plan to buy these cards, if I can afford them when they come out.

24. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Nice -- another FFG product with a GCW focus. Funny how everything seems to be going back to the OT now, with Brian Wood's comic series, the Rebels books, FFG's RPG and TCG lines... I like it.

25. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Eh, yeah, at the time, I enjoyed those cards and had a whole slew of them, kept an Excel spreadsheet that catalogued them, played with them traded them, bought and sold them... Though, I doubt I'll be able to find anyone around here who would be into the FFG cards. Nah, Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic reign supreme with the younguns.

*sigh* It's hard being the only SW fan in a ten-mile radius...