main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Fantasy? I guess?] King Arthur: Director's Cut

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Esperanza_Nueva, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    PrincessKenobi said that I need to post here. :p

Anyways, to the point, this movie has really grown on me and become one of my favorites. When I first saw it in the theatres, it left me with mixed feelings, and I was a little disappointed. I have the Director's Cut on DVD, though, and I've grown to love it. The acting in this movie is really solid and the fight scenes are some of the best I've seen. Oh, and woads rock! :D

[image=http://www.jamesshirley.com/images/Movies/King_Arthur/thumbs/king_arthur034%20copy.jpg]

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Hmmm I'm not really sure where I'd place King Arthur. I mean its based on history, yet Arthur is a mythological being (who probably did in fact exist)...but I love Arthurian movies so its Fantasy. :p

I don't know why so many people didn't like King Arthur as it was perhaps the most "accurate" Arthurian movie to date and tried really hard to seperate myth from possible fact. The acting was awesome as was the fight scenes. I loved the running joke of Lancelot fathering all the other knights children.

3. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    Me too. [face_laugh]

Who was your favorite knight? I think I'd have to go with Tristan (the guy with the bird) 'cause he kicked butt. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.