main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Jawa Sumo Wrestling League (Fan Fiction Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm here to inaugurate the new social thread with a couple of new rules.

First off, a reminder: the social thread is a place for all community members to hang out and chat about day-to-day stuff. It is NOT an exclusive thread for a small clique of users. If you want to "chat" use IM or if it's too personal or directed at one or two users then take it to PM. I'll be blunt, as per the results of the 2007 Fan Fiction Survey, a lot of other users here are really turned off by a thread that seems to be the private chat room of a handful of prolific posters. This thread belongs to the WHOLE community.

Secondly, this is NOT a place to talk about or allude to your personal fan fiction projects--that's pimping and it's not allowed. It's unfair to other users and it's a blatant violation of the rules that we've had in place for the social thread. It seems that a lot of people are over looking this and such behavior is showing up in other threads. It needs to be stopped, besides nothing turns off readers more than a fic that constantly pimped and prodded by its writer.

Actually, I've just reiterated a pair of old rules. :D

Either way you guys make or break the thread and remember that a lot of our users watch it, even if they don't comment.

So, with that said...
    Let's start a new and improved social thread.

Topic for Discussion...

What kind of socks are you wearing right now?
    I'm wearing my "Rosetta Stone" socks from the British Museum.

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Wow... that's an interesting title... best one yet!

3. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    heh, fabulous title. :D

And I am barefoot, and thus sockless, because the phone rang, and it startled me. As a result, I knocked over my water bottle. It got all over me, and all over my bed. And then the phone call was from DreamWorks, and it was their nice HR person (she actually is really nice) saying they didn't have any jobs for me now, but they'd have more in the winter, and I should totally keep in touch.

So now I'm in my PJs, sitting on a towel, watching funny fan videos and eating cookies.

Job rejections suck. But at least I got an interview, which is more than most people got.

*runs off to grab more cookies*

4. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    [face_laugh] Love the name & image!

Actually, I've just reiterated a pair of old rules.
    Keep in mind any old rules oqidaun didn't "repost" are still applicable.

Onto the topic:
    What kind of socks are you wearing right now?
    :p I don't wear sock after seven. Don't know why...

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm wearing no socks at all. [face_blush]

I'm curious, oqi. Did you buy the socks there at the BM or get them online?

6. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    The most creative and memorable title yet. [face_laugh]

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

LOVE the title, oqi. :D Socks? I'm wearing no socks! I don;t like socks, so when the weather's warm, I go bare-foot.... actually, I do that in the winter too. :p

8. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I love the title :p

And I'm barefoot :(

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I hate shoes and socks. So I'm barefooted. :p

10. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Diane, I bought my socks at the BM. Although, it's a bit odd to say I've BM socks. :p

I always wear shoes. I used to sleep in my shoes, in fact, barefootness freaks me out.

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    My youngest son said that toes are freaky looking because they look like short fingers. [face_laugh] I still don't know what he meant by that! :p

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh]

That's funny, VL.

I honestly hate wearing socks. :p For some reason, they just irritate my feet. I'd love to go barefoot everywhere, but sadly that's kind of germy so I have to wear shoes. I normally wear shoes without socks (unless I have problems with blisters). The only time I actually sort of like socks is in the winter when I'm outside in -20 degree weather (celsius, by the way :p ) and my feet are freezing and I'm very glad I have my super thick and fuzzy ski socks. :p

13. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I have no positive or negative feelings about socks, really... though I do love going barefoot. But when I do that too much, my knees go all funky. So I have to at least wear my birkenstocks most of the time.

14. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Don't try Bokononism.

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    LOL on BM socks.

I love socks for keeping my feet warm but I wear very boring socks most of the time. At home, I'm almost always barefoot.

16. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I only wear shoes when I have to. Currently I'm barefoot as well. When I'm at school, I usually end up kicking off my flip-flops (or real shoes in winter) and running around our floor without them, much to the amusement of my classmates.

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I'd love to do that, but our floors at school are disgusting. You wouldn't want to walk around barefoot -- but I might end up doing that in drama class because we're not allowed to wear shoes on stage because it marks up the floor and makes it look bad (we have a black box stage in our classroom because we're too cheap to have a real theatre. Basically, three walls and a section the floor are painted black :p ). I have to go shoe shopping for moccasins or something so I don't have to walk barefoot over the disgusting floor.

The only time I've gone barefoot at school was when we were cleaning up after a band concert for music festival and I was helping to carry a heavy table down to the cafeteria from the gym and I was in flip-flops... and the flip-flops fell off because I was walking backwards. :p I then ran around the school on my tip-toes, retrieving my flip-flops because my friends decided to pick them up and hide them. :p

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Love the title!! [face_laugh] Perfect for the time of year and about as close I I'll get to sports. lol

Barefoot here as well. It's summer and too hot for them. I do like them for keeping my feet warm in the winter.

Sadly I have to report I have no cool socks whatsoever. I'm usually in white athletics, though I do have a couple black pair as well.

I should buy myself some fun socks! lol

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Okay... I lied a bit. I like socks -- when they're ski socks or fun socks. :D

For grade 10 drama, in one of our plays my character was a "geek." I decided to go very crazy with my costume -- while some people who were also playing geeks dressed up in too-short pants with suspenders and such, I decided to go with bright yellow shorts, an overly large white dress-shirt with sleeves rolled up and very long, bright blue and yellow patterned socks that came up past my knees. I bought those socks especially for my costume and I still wear them -- when I feel like being silly. :p

I also have socks with music notes on them (big surprise there), socks that I bought at a thingummy when I went to see the New York Philharmonic and Harry Potter toe socks that don't fit me so well. :p

20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    oh, yea! The new thread!
    Love the title!!! [face_laugh]

Socks?? I don't like socks, my feet are claustrophobic! :p
    I don't really like shoes that much either... I run around bearfoot when I can! (I'm so bad for my poor state of West Virginia... yes we do wear shoes, I just don't particularly like them! :p )

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Evening, everyone.

Everyone. "Jon!"

Allie. "Jonathan."

Social thread a clique? Well... if I can be accepted... anyone can. Come on in, folks.

Socks? No real feelings about them one way or another.

Had a most eventful week, myself.

22. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    I'm barefoot. I haven't had socks on for awhile. Usually I'm in some sort of sandal from march-october.

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I like socks in the winter. Actually, if my feet aren't at a comfortable temperature, then I'm uncomfortable all over. So at night if I get too warm, I simply slip my feet out from beneath the covers. In the winter, I'm usually pretty comfy if I have on some socks. Oh yeah, and clothes too. :p

24. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Nice title! [face_laugh]

I'm not wearing socks right now, but I do love them. They are oh so cozy in the winter. I wish I had a pair of Harry Potter socks. :(

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm. I just started Goblet of Fire yesterday. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.