main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[FAQ] We're NOT moving

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Raven, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    My sense of perception isn't massive, that's just the relationship between yours and mine. See your sense of perception in that case is bang on.

:rolleyes:

To belittle my question was entirely unecessary. I know I could've made the same unrelated point without knocking someone else, or someone else's question, down. It's easy.

There are lots of trivia games that all do the same thing, and plenty of people enjoy playing them. Plenty of people give a 'rat's ass'. Just because you don't, doesn't mean everyone doesn't. Enjoyment is good (although judging from your suggestions in Raven's questionnaire thread, one could be forgiven for thinking otherwise). Now unless there's a 'trivial matter drop box' somewhere that I missed, a simple question in this thread was the best way to ask... and lo and behold I got a simple answer.

And there it ended...

If there is something you want to bring up in the discussion, bring it up, but don't then proceed to ridicule someone else's question that whilst not #1 on the list of concerns, is worth a quick enquiry.

Late edit: I can't spell and removed unecessary dig.

2. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    Raven: Next time you update this thread, can you add "Updated [enter-date-here]" to the title please?

3. Jedi_Master_Anakin

Jedi_Master_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    I feel like such a fool... I had no idea until today taht we were moving. Man... I need to leave the YJCC once in a while.

JMA

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    "Updated [enter-date-here]" to the title please?

Sticky thread titles can't be changed.

5. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Just check the first postie for updates. I think Raven will just edit his first posty as changes occur.

6. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I think Raven will just edit his first posty as changes occur.

To the best of my ability.

7. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I know it's one extra click, but the most recent edit time is shown in the header of Raven's first post.

[i]Raven has assembled an elite team of ninja monkeys who are even now preparing the groundwork for this implementation.[/i]

Facts about ninja monkeys:

1. Ninja monkeys are mammals.
    2. Ninja monkeys are always coding.
    3. The purpose of the ninja monkey is to flip out and kill people.

8. agentj

agentj Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 3, 2004
    Howdie. Skimming through all the posts, it looks like you're still looking for a new board system? There's the TrekBBS for Star Trek. I think they run their own system and the lot. Obviously, being Star Trek (and being semi-official because employees of the current Trek incarnation do read and post there) they get a large volume of posters and users. I happen to like the way their forum works for loads of reasons. One feature I particularly like is the fact that when you click on reading a thread, it takes a registered member to the unread posts within that thread. Not the end of the unread posts like some boards do, but to the beginning of stuff you didn't see last time you were on the board. I really miss having that feature here....

Anyway, check them out.

9. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    :( that one extra click on 56k is a long ass extra click :(

10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Raven has assembled an elite team of ninja monkeys who are even now preparing the groundwork for this implementation

Anytime I hear Raven mention monkeys of any kind, the phrase "This won't end well" always, always comes to mind.

11. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    I have a bad feeling about this...... [face_plain] :) :D [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

about the monkeys.... that is........... :D :D :D

12. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    No problem Farraday. And I do hope that someone will be able to answer your question(s). Preferiably the owner, but that probably won't happen unless hell freezes over. :p

13. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Anytime I hear Raven mention monkeys of any kind, the phrase "This won't end well" always, always comes to mind.

There was that time with the pirates in Singapore, remember. Aside from that museum fire, things turned out pretty well.

14. Ashinta

Ashinta Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2004
    how are we gonna find the new boards?

15. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Aside from that museum fire, things turned out pretty well.

a) That depends on if you are someone that already has no problem dressing up in a skirt.

b) You were not the one sitting in a Singaporean jail overnight. I still can't believe you lost the bail kitty.

c) To keep this post vaguely on topic, I would presume that the link to the boards will still be the same as it is now considering all the domain names are purely TFN's property. So it won't be something to worry about.

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I would presume that the link to the boards will still be the same as it is now considering all the domain names are purely TFN's property.

Speaking of links, what's likely to happen to all the cross-linked posts throughout the forums? Dead links, or still up?

17. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Let me just say I would start to feel some major sympathy for whoever runs any indicies here.

No matter where the boards are to move, the link structure is not going to stay the same and so it all has to change.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, that was one of my concerns... since the links would be structured differently. Topic 24534543534535 isn't going to be the same after the move, so the links would be inoperable, wouldn't they?

19. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Yeah, most of the links on these boards will probably get screwed up, which is rather unfortunate for Stridarious if I must say.

Of course also to the thread indexs, which would be a pain to redo, especially if you have to find all the threads again.

20. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    theres a fun thought :p

21. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Just curious if we've at least narrowed it down to a certian board type yet? Or how close are we to the move?

~PK~

22. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Just curious if we've at least narrowed it down to a certian board type yet? Or how close are we to the move?
    Maybe. But we're under strict orders not to say what we've narrowed it down to.

23. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    That'll help calm everyone down!

Amazing.

24. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Well thats good. I hope we all like it. And maybe less troll traffic.

~PK~

25. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    This is certainly an interesting turn of events.

Since it was to cost $2,000 to keep the boards at IGN,how much would it cost other places?

How can the owners afford to pay for space this large, without charging each of us to use the boards.

I mean I am not asking for it, I really do not want to pay to talk here, but does the advertising that is listed on this site pay for the overhead?

I am curious on the structure - can you enlighten us?

Madine out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.