main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[FAQ] We're NOT moving

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Raven, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    The general theory is that zerosleep was doing some work.

~H~

2. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    Congratulations on the successful move everyone! Great job! I didn't even notice the difference!

3. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Err..... nothing's moved yet......

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Oh yeah, I was being serious about the YJCC sticky thread...

5. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
  6. Sekot_Seedship

Sekot_Seedship Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2005
    I belive these quotes may relate to us...or more to you guys:

Yoda-"Size matters not"

Yoda-"Do or do not, there is no 'try'."

Darth Vader-"Get the pilots to their fighters."

Imperial officer-"Sir, should I have your shuttle standing by?"

Han Solo-"buckle in, we're about to make the transition to hyperspace"

Admiral Ackbar-"May the Force be with us."

7. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Admiral Ackbar-"It's a Trap!"

since we're moving is there any chance old usernames long disused will nto be coming, discretely opening up coveted titles like "buttsteaksauce"

8. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    Wait! So all my unused socks will be deleted?

9. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Just a thought, and apologies if it's already been mentioned or if I'm just blowing out my ear, but is there any capacity within the boards structure to simply PM every registered user a few days prior to the shift to give them some final warning? (ie One Last Great Spam for boardkind?) :D

I only suggest it because word hasn't yet filtered down here at Fanforce Western Australia (Oceania) and not everyone necessarily checks out the admin boards. I only heard about it because I hang out on the Fanfilms board and, well, to paraphrase a certain individual, "Some of the guys were telling me about it...that it's really something..." :D

10. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Rise_Of_Thrawn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    I've been logging in somewhere around once every week or two, so that wouldn't work too well. And there's no way one could PM that many people.

11. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I'm sure once we have more information about the date we'll devise some sort of notification system. WRT FF, at a minimum we may ask the RSAs to post threads in all their forums. But again, that would happen closer to the actual date of the move.

~H~

12. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Oh yeah, I was being serious about the YJCC sticky thread...

The JCC needs fewer sticky threads, not more.

Amazing.

13. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
  14. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Yes because it's gonna totally screw everything up if the fourm has three sticky threads. It's never had that many before. :rolleyes:

I don't think every single user knows about the move and YJCC is visited the most.

15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    1. If these people never visit Comms or any other board that gives information about such things, they probably aren't interested in technical details. Would they even need to know about the move before the fact? The bottom line is at some point we're going to move, but the JC will be a perfectly good place to post both before and after, so from the point of view of the average user not much will change.

2. If everyone on the JC <I>does</I> need to know that we're going to move, mods can wait until a few days before the move date is finalized and then sticky announcement threads in as many forums as they need to. That way the stickies only stay up for a few days. There's no point cluttering the front page of a forum with more stickies than necessary for a long time.

16. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    A sticky in JCC now would be good, as alot of folks will probably want to archive their fav threads. That will save alot of drama when the actual moving date is posted. Think of all the hoots and howls and wailing when notified of a move within days of the move. Notification now puts them on notice they hafta get their act together if they want to save anything. and they can't grumble about the short notice. Now, if they don't take notice, that's their problem........ [face_plain]

17. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm pretty sure locked and unlocked threads are going to transfer. If the auto-prune is turned off in that forum, archiving threads isn't necessary.

18. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    We arent past that Wednesday thing....does anyone have anything new to report?

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I'd hate to see some of the truly great fanfiction that resides on the forums lost.

By that I mean, of course, mine.

20. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    You can save the thread... Lots of people are doing that on the Role Playing Forum.

21. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Sapes, since we're moving in the next few weeks, could you just turn off the auto-prune switch, so we don't hafta go searching for our fav old threads, and request they be opened to "up" them, please........ thank you very much. :)

22. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Just about every forum has the auto-prune turned off.

23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    What about the YJCC? There's a thread from a few years back that I'm still in the process of saving and it was a rather long thread.

~PK~

24. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    If the JCC's auto-prune weren't turned off, it would have a lot fewer threads than it does now.

25. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, the FAQ was last updated on the 22nd, and Raven said we'd know more on Wednesday, Jan. 26th. Any new info on when could we expect an update?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.