main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Far From Home - from the Qui challenge, cover art added

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Maychorian I wanted some of Qui-Gon's qualities to be seen in his parents, both good and bad. Can you say stubborn? :D Thanks for reading.

Kynstar Thanks! Yeah, everything goes right to the mouth! I remember those days quite well.

Layren I like writing kids. Of course, I like kids, so I guess that makese sense. :)

The_Hutt Welcome back! [:D] Glad to have you back, Padawan! And thank you for reading your Master's humble work!

PadawanKitara Or earrings? I remember just learning to wear small stud earrings after baby #1 and still do most of the time. Old habits die hard. Still have the long hair, though. :p

mouse2 Perhaps. [face_whistling]

2. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    I really, really love this story. Such a nice quiet little love story (I'm pretending that they all live happily ever after) especially after the drama of the last few days.

=D=

3. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    AnakinsHeir Thank you! It's been a pleasure to write.

[b]Chapter 4[/b]

Amri-Lon Jinn stared at his image in the mirror and frowned. He heard Lenora laugh behind him and then her soft arms were slipping around his waist.

?What?s bringing such a fearsome scowl to your face?? She asked teasingly, sliding her hand inside the tunic he wore.

?It?s this damn tunic,? he grumbled. ?Are you sure this is the style??

Her lips quirked. ?Quite sure,? she replied firmly.

Still frowning, he considered his image again. ?I still say it makes me look like some sort of?[i]pleasure[/i] worker,? he said with distaste.

?Well now, that [i]is[/i] interesting?? she said in a thoughtful tone.

He caught her hand before she could cause any more mischief. ?Now, now, Lenora, none of that. Do you think the tailor could make this in a fabric less?less [i]sumptuous[/i]?? Amri grumbled as he recalled the tailor hands fluttering over his broad shoulders.

She pinched his taut abdomen and giggled when he rolled his eyes and began pleading to the goddess for patience.

?You look absolutely and devastatingly handsome, husband,? she assured him huskily. ?You?ll turn every female head there.? Then she laughed throatily and let her hand roam down the outside of his powerful thigh. ?And maybe a few male heads as well.?

Amri crossed his arms over his chest and tried his best to give her a very stern look. ?You?re a very naughty wife,? he said reprovingly.

She nodded solemnly and began to unbutton the tunic. ?You?re right, I am,? she said without remorse.

?And I should spank you,? he said in a husky whisper.

Her eyes alight with laughter, she pursed her lips. ?Yes you should, in fact, I demand that you do.?

?If only my father knew what a hoyden I?d wed,? he said.

Lenora smiled smugly and crinkled her nose at him. ?He knew exactly what I was, and that?s why he knew I was perfect for you.?

Amri lifted her up against him, the problem of his tunic for the ball forgotten. ?So you think I look handsome in these fine clothes??

Her tongue traced the line of his lips. ?Actually, I think you?ll look far better [i]out[/i] of it.?

?So there?s an agenda here??

She kissed the pulse now racing in his throat. ?Oh, most definitely,? she agreed.

?I?ve turned your head. Is that it, milady??

?Since the day I met you,? she affirmed.

?Best be keeping a close eye on me then when we go to that ball,? he murmured just before his lips slanted over hers.

They kissed and when she leaned back her face was rosy. ?I?ll be keeping more than my eyes on you, my fine rogue.?

Throwing her over his shoulder, he gave her rear a loud whack, causing her to pummel at his back with her fists. She was laughing so hard she could barely breathe.

Then he gently placed her on their bed and smiled at her tenderly. ?It?ll be a chore I suppose, letting you run those sweet, soft hands of yours all over my fine specimen of a body, but I guess I?ll manage.??

Pulling his head down to hers, she whispered. ?That?s my pirate.?

Lenora stood before him, her hands on her hips, and jerked up her chin. ?And I still say I?m not leaving my son at home!?

?But Lenora,? Amri tried to placate her. ?Traveling with a baby is a major nuisance.?

?And when have you had to travel with a baby, Amri-Lon Jinn??

He sputtered for a moment and then replied in a subdued voice. ?I mean, I would imagine that traveling with a baby is rather tiresome.?

?Well then, I [i]imagine[/i] that I?ll just be staying right here with our son,? she said. ?Go to your blasted ball and have yourself a fine time!?

?Now, Lenora,? he said soothingly and placed his huge hands on her slender shoulders.

Neatly she stepped away from him. ?Now what, Amri? Now change my mind? Now be reasonable?? Her voice was dripping was sarcasm. ?What is it that you want me to do Amri? Play nice??

?Just think about this logically,? he said and then clapped his hands over his mouth in horror. If there was one

4. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
  5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    *sighs with happinesss* awwwwwwwwwwww that was such a nice chapter.. I just adored it.. I can't wait for more!

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehehe lusty man! And an equally fiesty wife! [face_love] Ahhh the love is in the air for sure!

Loved the lil bickering there about not leaving Qui! [face_laugh] I can see her view and his though ;)

Great chapter! More into their personalities *warm fuzzies*

7. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    There should be a rule against people posting that quickly. :p
    Still love it, VL, especially the scene with Qui-Gon's showing Force-abilities. I'm so looking forward to what you have planned for this. :)

8. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Somehow it's even more sad to know what a happy home Qui-Gon might have had if he had not been a Jedi. I don't know which to wish for! :)

9. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Mm, pirate, eh? Pet name, or something more factual? Veeeery interesting.

Hm, does Leonora have some faint Force abilities, with this instict she has, or is it pure mother's worry?

Intriguing and lovely story, VL! Thanks for writing so quickly. Do keep it up if at all possible!

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the banter between those two. I see that they are rather naughty as well. :D Great job with the family life....

11. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Darn it, I got so caught up in the drama these last few days, I've missed the updates!

And I simply can't say anything except that it's nice to WANT to come the boards, for a change! I particularly like the mysterious behavior manifesting in our little one.

And the love story is wonderful.

I'd say "write faster," but I'm afraid I'd never be able to keep up! This is wonderful, VaderLVR. More anytime, please.

12. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Aww, again, I love the banter between these two! And to re-state Maychorian's question, is the "Pirate" name just teasing or is there truth behind it? I hate to be a pessimist, but I can't help thinking that this is too happy- and something is going to happen at this ball. I wish it wouldn't! I love this romantic fluff. The characters are very believable, and I almost feel as if I'm eaves-dropping on a private conversation between a couple that I personally know! Those fiesty kids! [face_blush] Anyways, I enjoy reading this "humble work" as you put it, and thanks- I'm glad to be back, Master, and have missed reading your threads, which are a joy on the forums!

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm lovin it!

14. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I love the interaction between them. But I'm torn like so many others here. I'm sure Qui-GOn would have had a happy life with his family, but then again he may have felt there was something missing too.

Still loving this! More please! :)

15. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Absolutely love this! :) Qui's parents are sweet together. Love the playful banter between them as well as the fact that Lenora runs the household. :p

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    -Darksaber- Thank you!

Layren Thanks! :D More posted below.

Kynstar They are "truly, deeply" in love.

Indra This story has me inspired! :)

LukesTheMan I don't know either. Sigh...

maychorian Just a pet name, probably because of his size and thick, black beard. He's been a farmer all of his life.

dianethx Qui got all that naughtiness from somewhere!

Mistress_Renata Glad you had a chance to check back in!

The_Hutt Glad to see you back. That is what I was trying to convey, a happily married couple that we are able to peek in on. Naughty us!

PadawanKitara I can tell I'm going to be very sorry to see this one end. I love Amri and Lenora now.

mouse2 Well, at least no matter which path he had chosen he would have been happy. Right?

Bekah_K Oh yes, she rules the roost!

[b]Chapter 5[/b]

Though they had expected Qui-Gon to be fussy on the journey, he had surprised all of them by usually being content to merely enjoy the changing scenery. Secured in his seat, he turned his head this way and that trying to take it all in. Even at seven months old, he was very well behaved.

When they passed by an enormous ancient forest, he became so excited that Amri decided they would stop and let him get a better look at the towering trees. He wriggled and crowed his delight in his mother?s arms as they neared the trees. He began reaching for them as soon as they got close.

Lenora looked at Amri and he just shrugged, so she let her son?s tiny hands touch the bark. A grin spread across his face as he caressed the rough bark of the old trees. And then he rested his cheek against the tree and laughed.

?He?s talking to trees now,? Sarta said with an indulgent smile.

?Wonder if he could talk to my crops and make them grow faster,? Amri said with a chuckle.

?You?d have the poor child out there chattering away to them all day if you thought he could actually encourage them to grow,? Lenora replied.

?All those fields will be his some day,? Amri said proudly. ?And look at those hands, Lenora; those are a farmer?s hands.?

Looking at his father, the baby reached out. ?Tired of me already?? His mother asked.

Taking his son in his arms, Amri shook his head. ?He wants to get a look up higher. And you?re just a little thing.?

He let Qui-Gon sit on his shoulders and they walked south, the two of them inspecting some of the trees at the edge of the forest. Even from a distance, Lenora and Sarta could hear the little boy?s happy laughter.

Lenora decided that the location made a perfect spot for a picnic and she and her friend began to bring out their food supplies from the sturdy little land transport.

Sarta spread a blanket and Lenora placed the food on it. They talked and laughed, gossiped about the people they knew and discussed the upcoming ball. Lenora was not thrilled to be attending but she had decided not to ruin Amri?s joy in giving her something that was from her old life.

Shielding her eyes from the sun, Sarta looked after the big man who was twirling around with his son on his shoulders. ?He?s going to make the child dizzy,? she said with a shake of her head and a smile on her face.

Lenora looked up and sighed. ?Then he?ll get a surprise on those broad shoulders of his, won?t he??

The women?s eyes met and they burst into laughter.

?Is he still fretting about that blasted tunic?? Sarta asked as she took a deep drink of cool, sweet water.

?No, I finally convinced him that he?ll be in the height of fashion,? she answered. ?Of course, I don?t know if those politicians and their wives have ever seen quite so much man before,? and her eyes twinkled wickedly.

Nodding her agreement, Sarta blushed. ?I?m thinking they?ll be a bit surprised when you and your rogue of a husband walk into that fancy ball.? She shot her friend a sly look. ?The ladies especially.?

?If they can?t keep their hands from him, they just may find those hands go missing,? Lenora said nonch

17. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    How cute. :p Keep it up. Still love the easy pace at which this is going. You've established the characters nicely and I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen at the ball.

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_laugh] Well done!!! Loved this one cuz of lil Qui enjoying the feel of all that life around him *warm fuzzies* [face_love] He doesn't know why he likes it - well I'd assume it's cuz of the Living Force being so strong ;) yep he'd made an awesome farmer!

LOL about the women might lose their hands! That was hilarious! Great work!

19. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    So beautiful! I'm having flashbacks of my little sibs as babies--and I mean that in the best way. The insistence on going "Uh!" and bouncing in his father's arms, nodding right back. I could just see that.

Aw, and the trees at the beginning. Beautiful.

I, too, am loving the peaceful, relaxed atmosphere of this story. Yet it isn't boring--you've given us enough to chew on to prevent that. This story is a perfect break from recent stress, both on and off the internet.

Keep it up!

20. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    ?He?s going to vomit if you keep that up,? she said dryly.

I can relate to that! [face_laugh] My oldest wasn't so keen on being tossed about when he was an infant. :p

Loved the interaction between father and son. Now we know where Qui-Gon got his gentle yet mischievious nature from, his father. :D

Can't wait to see more of this. It's perfectly paced and an enjoyable read! :)

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    why do they have to grow up and become the terrible twos? Can't kids remain that adorable forever? (except the vomiting part [face_sick] )

22. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    If I say 'I loved it' again, chances are that you'll probably end up feeling sick too :) . Nevertheless, I still say it. I loved it.

That was so very cute. Little Qui, and his 'ups', and the way he loves trees. The way you put in those little quirks of character that go on to make the man who he becomes later on...so very satisfying. Oh God, all this only makes me feel worse for Lenora and Amri... they are going to be miserable, their son's Jedi prowess notwithstanding.

Ever wonder why so many of the women in Qui's life - the really important ones, as far as fanfic-dom are concerned, have names beginning with 'Le...'... or maybe it's my imagination. o_O

And so, they're going to the ball...hmmm. What's Qui going to come up with?? Bring all the chandeliers down because he likes rocks too?

:D

>>>Okay, I officially blame you, then.>>>

I went about with a silly grin on my face all day, after I'd read that. :D

EDIT: Watched TPM last night - a dubbed version, if you please. Even if Qui-Gon spoke in my native tongue, it made me regain my SW perspective again [face_laugh]

23. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    ?He?s going to make the child dizzy,? she said with a shake of her head and a smile on her face.

Lenora looked up and sighed. ?Then he?ll get a surprise on those broad shoulders of his, won?t he??

That and he's wearing a clean shirt. That's an open target if there ever was one. ;)

I love Lenora's fiestyness. Those other ladies at the ball better watch out! ;)

More please! :)

24. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Sigh, I can't add anything to this, except that I'm loving it. It's building slowly and quietly, and I'm eager to see the next installment and how they find out just how "special" their son is. Loved the bit about talking to the trees!

25. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was adorable. Again you have captured what it was like to raise Qui-Gon but then you've had experience...LOL. Great job.

Looking forward to more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.