main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Far From Home - from the Qui challenge, cover art added

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    What a fabulous ending to a wonderful story. I love that Qui-Gon was from Naboo. It just seems to fit somehow. But I really enjoyed that his family always remembered him and though he wasn't with them he was still considered family. :)

2. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Oh, that was such a beautiful story! :_|
    I am so glad you extended what you wrote for the challenge thread, and into such a fine piece of work. It was heartbreaking for Amir and Lenora to make that decision and I almost wanted to say "How could you?" But at the same time I wanted to just hug them and thank them for the magnificent sacrifice they made and show them how much Qui-Gon meant to so many.
    Fantastically written.

3. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Uhhhh... [face_worried] Remember me? Well I'm sorry this is sooooooo late. I was caught up with exams & didn't have time to read the rest. But I finished this story & it was great! Once again I'm sorry this is late. I loved Baby Qui-Gon! :*

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    DreamOfKenobi That's exactly what I wanted it to be! Thanks

Gina Aw, shucks. Thank you! [face_blush]

mouse2 You never forget a child, no matter how far from home they might be.

kateydidnt Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it.

LilQui-Gon Glad you're back! :D [:D]

Also, if you liked this please check out a wonderful story featuring these same characters. Written by ithesock you can find it here The Fields of Elysia

5. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    *sniffle, sniffle*

Oh, that was so beautiful!
    Ack! I'm sitting at work with tears in my eyes!
    How sad the siblings never met!
    Oh!

6. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    :_| :) :( :_|

Awww, this was so so good. It reminded me of the farmer branch of my family...

7. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    By the Force, what a wonderful story!

Your stories are always so enjoyable, I don't know how I missed this one, but I'm glad I had the pleasure of reading a story about the early days of Qui-Gon and how he came to be a Jedi. This was so sweet, I really felt for the characters of Lenora and Amri, they really came across as wonderful people. I bawled my eyes out when they had to give up Qui-Gon, you portrayed the heart ache so well!

and gosh, the ending was so beautiful... He was from Naboo! I really liked that. :)

This was very :_| :_| but simply =D= and I [face_love] it. :D

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    First, thank you to everyone who read this story. Your wonderful reception of it gave me the courage to submit it to the Archives, where it will soon be posted. Second, Gina provided some absolutely gorgeous cover art, please check it out on the first page. Again, thank you! [:D]

Jennifer_Lyn Check out Fields of Elysia! ;)

raisedbywolves So glad you liked it! :D

JOINME Thank you, it was a definite labor of love with this one.

9. adawn

adawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2005
    Oh my god. I'm sitting here at work with tears in my eyes. Wonderful & heartbreaking. If I was at home I would be a sobby mess.

10. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, I really need to go snoop around the back pages some more. That was a lovely beginning for Qui-Gon; you picture such a wonderful family for him! They were very noble to give him up as well.

It would seem like an odd symmetry that both Qui-Gon and Palpatine would come from Naboo, along with Padme. The planet itself would be a bit of a vergence in the Force.

11. nickenobi-nz

nickenobi-nz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh, wow. Very, very well done! Especially love the epilouge :_|

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    adawn Thank you for reading! [:D]

ardavenport What is that? Is that a plot bunny scampering about? A vergence in the Force? [face_thinking]

nickenobi-nz Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.