main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Fat Americans

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Trust me Ree, our governement has been going down the tubes for a few years now and the new administrations is nailing the coffin on our personal freedoms. I want out before I can no longer leave. THAT is how scared I am. People were majorly duped here in America. ANd now a lot of them are regretting it. Our president just fired the CEO of General Motors. That is a terrible abuse of powers. And that is just the latest. The America I love is gone. America used to stand for freedom and now it is falling for everything but freedom. I am scared for my health I am scared for my future and I am scared for my family. They can just take a piece of property if they think it is beneficial to the governement to do so. Our constitution states that illegal search and seisure of property is a violation of our rights. But they do not care about the Constitution. I am not sure they have even read it. It is a good read though. US Constitution for those interested.

Okay, going back to my corner to hide. Actually, I am taken a nap before work. It will be a short one. :(

2. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    In thtat case, come and live in AUstralia! It's nice here and there are no guns!! (Well there are, but only policemen, military and farmers have them)

3. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Oh well, no country is perfect ;)

4. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    hahaha!

5. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I am glad you laughed because it was getting WAY too quiet in here, Ree.

BTW, I have fired a REAL gun before. And my aim was not too bad. I still have my target paper with the "person" on it. (It looked just like the target in Lethal Weapon, if you have seen that movie---Mel Gibson =P~) My first time target shooting and I did not miss. It was kind of close, but I did well. :D My hubby and I are both Bipolar, we could not own guns but we take our Second Ammendment seriously (our right to bare arms). But that is the American Constitution.

I need to learn Australian history and stuff. I already am on a site called liveinaustralia.com which tells me about citizenship and stuff like that. Like I will ever get Dan to go along with my plans. :rolleyes:

6. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Ahh I've been doing some Australian History too Kim, and still doing it :) Maybe we can help each other. I can tell you some stuff if you like?

7. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    That would be great! I have a site that sends me emails about immigration. But my husband is not really on board with me about moving. I am preparing though. I love America, I am certainly patriotic, but the direction we are heading scares me and our homeland security creeps just put out a watch list for people who are conservative "one-issue" type of people, and veterans because they could "help fuel" militias and so-called "hate groups." Their report makes people like me who oppose many things that the report talks about seem like an anti-American bigot, and that is NOT the case. A talk show host here is suing the Department of Homeland Security over this report. And I am with him. The report came our April 14, the day before hundreds of thousands of Americans protested the spending of our government (put it this way, Obama more spent in one week than all of our previous presidents combined---and Bush was a heavy spender too!). They were "Tea Parties." I could not attend but my parents went and it was awesome to see regular Americans just PEACEFULLY exercise their right of assembly, trying to get their country back. A lot of people regret their vote for Obama.

Sorry to get all political. I am just an angry American. Hehe! And I just do not see much hope. But the Tea Parties helped. This "report" though turns regular citizens into bad guys when the REAL bad guys will be doing whatever they want because Obama does not want to offend anyone but his political enemies. Sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.