main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fate of the Jedi (9 Hardcover Series) General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by THRAWN007, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Lumiya sacrificed herself.

If Vergere was a Sith, she sacrificed herself.

Many of the One Sith, such as Darth Ruyn, sacrifice themselves.

Although I am hoping for Luke and Ben to redeem an entire world of Sith, double the size of the Jedi Order.

2. DarthYan

DarthYan Jedi Master star 1

Jun 17, 2009
    i mostly agree, except in my continuity vergere was no sith.

3. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Its true really, whilst the Sith are obsessed with power, they can be quite selfless at times. It really also depends on the personality of the Sith in question as well.

In regards to Vergere, really that was mostly a retcon. I think I read on Wookiee that the writer involved stated that his view was that Vergere genuinely believed everything she had said.

4. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    so we've traded "warlord of the week" for "chief of state of the week"?

5. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010

Sue also said this about Backlash:

"Also, when you said Allies should take place half a year after Backlash, does this mean we will have a half year unfilled? Or does this mean half a year after Backlash starts?

This means I haven't taken the time to go back through the books and track when days or weeks pass. It could take place a half year after Backlash, but that's just my feeling, based on my feelings. I don't think anything within the series is unfilled as far as the characters in the series are concerned."

So do with this what you'd like.

6. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Personaly I fell having FOTJ being used to clean up the guanostorm that was LOTF is unfortunate, but necessary.

But Cleaning up LOTF's many errors and transgressions whould not be its sole purpose. I would like to see Ben develop into a decent character you can root for. But not a skywalker clone or a mary sue.

Ben is good with Machine's like his Cousin and Father. I would like to see him more like a young James T. Kirk jedi. A bit of a Cowboy, Fun loving with a strong bond with his friends.

Give him 3 rivals/ nemisis (Re ocuring Characters)

1) he can out think, but can't outfight(not alone anyway). an strong Alien thats hard to "Read", A Crazy mandalorian, or a computation slow super-killbot.

2) a character he can't out think(not alone, or on the fly), but can outfight. some one with good reasources, like Kira (Deathnote), Lelouche (Code geass), or even an Illusiveman (Mass effect).

3) a Kahn Nooien Sing, or Moriarty Character...A true nemisis. A character in which he can have a long relationship with. Fighting, may be a team up. Someone who is better by just a razors edge, but that razors edge might as well be a chasam. Some one who's defeat can only come to a great cost to Ben.

7. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Abeloth: "No... I AM YOUR MOTHER!!!"[face_skull]

I don't know how to phrase my reaction to these Sith being turned into light Sith, caffeine-free. After having attempted to proof that you can't be a good Sith (and not even a good non-Jedi, as that's what Vergere and Jacen essentially were), we now have... Luke's pet Sith? I mean, with the Jenasaraai (I know, sp) they at least had the honesty to give them another name.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They're not "light Sith", as ABYSS showed they are constantly plotting and betraying and killing one another off for ambition. Look at how easily Vestara was ready to kill her best friend, even though it would hurt her. I'm sure the Sith will be plotting to betray the Jedi before they even enter into the alliance. We'll just see if the Skywalkers are able to redeem any of these Sith or not.

BTW, who did kill Vestara's friend? Was it Luke or Ben? I just remember him dying in a rather gruesome way, a lightsaber down his spine.

9. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    The use of the word 'staggering' has me a bit on edge here, given its implication being something so fundamentally unexpected/contrary- and ESPECIALLY given all the crazy 'Jacen turned Sith so Luke wouldn't' implications we've been getting... [face_worried]

10. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

dewback_rancher :
    The use of the word 'staggering' has me a bit on edge here, given its implication being something so fundamentally unexpected/contrary- and ESPECIALLY given all the crazy 'Jacen turned Sith so Luke wouldn't' implications we've been getting...

Yes, I find that word troubling too. I don't want to see Jacen elevated at Luke's expense.

I guess I'm hoping that Luke just finds out that Jacen unleashed Abeloth on the galaxy, but that doesn't exactly seem to be enough of a shock to warrant the word "staggering".

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Don't put any stock in words used in book summaries. They always put words like "staggering" in just to make them sound awesome. The Unseen Queen promised this: To find out, Luke, Mara, Han, and Leia must embark on a perilous journey into the uncharted void between right and wrong. The ferocious Unknown Terrors are only the beginning of the awesome challenges that lie ahead in their quest to fathom the unfathomable. For an obscure dispute is about to explode into chaos, pitting Jedi against Jedi?and threatening the very galaxy itself. Things like "fathom the unfathomable" and "staggering truth" can easily just be buzzwords. I'm not saying that the Allies truth definitely won't be crazysauce, but a simple word like "staggering" in a summary shouldn't be enough to put everyone on edge.

12. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/32/Vortex_cover.jpg]

OK. The obligatory Luke, Leia, and Han covers are all out of the way. Actually, Luke twice. Will we get a Jaina cover? Can we keep our fingers crossed for a Jag one? Or will we just get three more Luke covers? Place ya bets, deleteheads!

Official Site reveals Vortex cover.

I actually figured that this cover would be a Han one, but it's cool to see him looking kinda badass and pointing a gun. Am I seeing things, or are we getting patterns here? Allston covers: Skywalkers. Golden covers: Sith. Denning covers: Solos.

13. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    Love the new cover. I also expected it to be Han, but not in such badass way. I guess Jaina or Jag will feature one of the nexts. Perhaps Daala on another one or Abeloth.

14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Awesome cover, Han's still as badass as ever, so that leaves us with two more names and three more covers then.

Agreed with wanting to see Jaina or Jag on one of these.

15. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Not bad...hopefully this'll be the last of the Big 3 covers. At least they changed up the colors a little bit. So far we have: Orange, Blue, Red, Yellow, Red-Orange, and now Turquoise.

16. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    First cover without a force user.

17. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    There's not too many non force users around, is there? BTW, I don't find it improbable that they'll wait for the final book to put Jaina on a cover - again. At best, it would fit with her doing something important regarding the fate of the Jedi.

Something about the cover makes me think of Clint Eastwood's old-age roles, which is exactly how a 70-year old Han would work out. Not doing much but holding a gun and therefore demanding respect.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Han Torino? :D

19. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Perfect cover for Han, don't think they could've gotten it better.

For the next covers I wouldn't be surprised if we see Jag on the next Allston cover (or Mara but I find that unlikely and there's no more Skywalkers), then maybe Ben and Vestara on the same cover, similar to the Gavar and Luke cover (this is depending on what happens in the future books), then the final cover I see it as being another double with Allana and Jaina. Scratch that, Allana's going to be on the cover of the next Allston book with her pet Nexu.

20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    All I have to say is please, please, please let Daala be on the receiving end of that blaster barrel. [face_praying]

21. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    There seems to be a simple logic to these covers: First, with Allston we have had a Luke cover in Outcast and a Ben cover in Backlash - father and son Skywalker. With Golden we have had Vestara Khai and her father (with Luke) on the covers of Omen and Allies - daughter and father Khai. With Troy Denning we have had first Leia on the cover of Abyss and now Han in the cover of Vortex - the elder Solos.

So, with Allston I would expect another Luke or Ben cover (or them both) for his last novel, with Golden at least another Khai family cover with perhaps some other character (Vestara&Ben?) and with Denning another Solo cover. Perhaps Jaina or Jaina with Captain Cardboard(or him relegated to the backcover)? :confused:

22. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    You, sir, have just won the discussion of this cover. =D=

23. younghansolo

younghansolo Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Arbeloath of however you spell it....... is Callista.

24. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    Get Off My Lawn!

25. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Only Han could pull off holding a blaster gangsta style without looking stupid.