main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fate of the Jedi (9 Hardcover Series) General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by THRAWN007, Jul 2, 2008.

1. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Is this your speculation or an actual spoiler based on an ARC?

2. MasterSelendile

MasterSelendile Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2007

This is what I've suspected ever since the suspected reappearance of Callisa in FotJ.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I really like the cover, the color, Han has aged appropriately... the only thing is that the style makes it look like Han has a wig. :p

4. younghansolo

younghansolo Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    It's purely speculation however I'm extremely confident it shall come to pass.

5. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    About time Han got put on one of the FOTJ covers. And he does look like he aged tremendously.

6. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Now, that's a cover! Love it!

7. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=270737&start=855

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [image=http://www.helikitty.com/Vortex_cover.jpg]

Fixed.

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, not bad Han cover, guess he had to show up on one of these covers eventually. I like the green color a lot more than any of the others so far, although just hope that means Han and Leia will actually play an important role in the later books. I still sorta wish they could phase out at least the Solos, but when they have nothing better to do than go to the zoo, that's a low point.

Wonder how long till Jaina shows up, she probably deserves a cover sooner or later.

10. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Sure jaina's will be Black, because she is so moody.

And Allana will be BRIGHT pink....with my little pony stickers on it.

11. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    That would be awesome somehow.:p

12. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    [face_laugh]

[face_laugh] You're killing me, guys...

I think if the story really took the turn of making Callista into Abeloth, I'd hope they'd go the whole distance and retcon her into already having been Abeloth during COTJ, just to mess with everyone's head. I mean, life essence transfer that results in subtle body changes? Unexplainable Force blindness? I'm beginning to doubt that you could pull those things off without being some crazy primordial dark side Cthulu monster. :p

13. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

eeeeeeeeehhh but Luke had had Sex with her!!! several times.... do you really want to imagine Luke/Cthulu? lol :p

14. OneHappyRancor

OneHappyRancor Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2009
    They should write some manga about it. It could be called "Luke Skywalker and a whole lot of dark tentacles" :rolleyes:

15. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    If Abeloth turns out to be a redhead, then this theory will be confirmed.

16. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Don't know IIRC, but wasn't Callista somehow connected to underwater farming (family business?, homeplanet? ... it's a long time and I don't want to re-read those books). That would fit with tentacles.

Maybe she got attacked by a seamonster and could only survive by body-swapping again? And isn't what she doeas to Cray kind of "Mind drinking"?

17. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    At present, I still really hope Abeloth remains some ancient entity rather than just being Callista [or insert any other character].

That said, if Callista does have some connection, what I'd favour is if she was like the other Force psychosis victims, only several degrees further down the road to complete possession, i.e. while everyone else is still "savable", she'd be past the point of no return, a vision of what will happen to the others if a solution is not found in time (which would be much more interesting to see than watching another random Jedi Knight just going wacko). Given she went to Nam Choros in the hopes spending time around a Force nexus would help her rediscover her connection to the Force, I'd not put it past her having been lured to Abeloth for similar reasons.

It's interesting as well that she seemed somewhat restricted to the dark side after taking Cray's body (by-product of essence transfer, perhaps?), so as much as she might have said back then that she didn't want to have to rely on the dark side, people change, and the dark side [Abeloth] can be seductive.

Admittedly, while I'd prefer not to see her simply be Callista and only have existed for a few decades (I don't really know why the Maw would be such a taboo to the Aing-Tii if that were all Abeloth was), I'd not be against Abeloth's "main" form being an image of Callista though. Given Abeloth seemed to absorb characteristics of some of the Sith strike team, if Callista was the first person she'd encountered for aeons I could easily enough picture her wanting to mimic said form (as mimicking some long extinct ancient race probably isn't very useful). Thinking about it, I suppose that might actually explain Abeloth's obsession with sending the strike team after Luke beyond just because Luke was a powerful Force presence himself. If she'd drained Callista's memories, I suppose she might already have hungered for Luke's essence?

Having said all this, I swear it's going to just turn out to be a flashback or something and we're all going to feel stupid. :p

And if she just turns out to be a secret agent working for Daala who fought with the Maw Irregulars, I will scream.

18. T-boy-wan

T-boy-wan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2006
    I doubt Callista and Abeloth are one and the same. I believe there is a connection between the two, but I think our crucial Callista clue is the quote at the beginning of Outcast. I don't have it to hand, perhaps someone else could provide it? But it definitely fits her, something like she's staring into the darkness, which she had resisted for some time and that a change was coming. Granted, we don't know where in time that quote comes from but I'll assume for now it was the present tense, and we know Abeloth has been around longer than that. So I don't think there is a connection.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well, if the books continue with their previous trending, Allies is the fifth book (the middle, as it were) and thus, like Sacrifice, should contain the "big stuff."

Hence, "staggering" isn't so much of an out of line term if we think about it in that sense...

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have kriffed with? That's me."

"A Pruneface, a Walrusman, and a Scarhead go into a cantina. The bartender looks up and says, "Get the kriff out of here.""

21. Juken_Rukhan

Juken_Rukhan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    Callista returning in the same book that has a staggering revelation?I just hope she dont turn with a kid that has blond hair and blue eyes

22. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I know how a lot of people are hoping for a cheap shot and have Jacen return and establish that Caedus was a clone. I have a theory about the big shocker in Allies, and I have this idea that should satisfy both sies of the debate. Jacen goes ahead and encounter Abeloth. Jacen duels Abeloth and is killed. Abeloth preserves his body in stasis, akin to how Krayt preserved his body at times by going into stasis and how Wyyrlok is curently keeping Krayt's corpse in stasis. She creates a clone of Abeloth, recreates his memories perfectly, but adds a little something to make the clone her agent. Her clone agent goes about the other Force tradition to learn what he could. What the clone agent learns, she learns. The clone agent would have eventually studied the Sith, as the Sith are a Force tradition from a certain point of view. It was just convenient for Abeloth that Lumiya showed up and started the process of turning the clone agent into Darth Caedus. Luke learns the truth when he discovers Jacen's corpse when he goes back into the Maw. Jacen's still dead, but a believable retcon that doesn't screw up continuity is established.

Thoughts?

23. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Unnecessary, and I really don't like it.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    As long as we're posting crazy theories ... :p

How could Palpatine have not known about Abeloth? He might have wanted to keep her contained until he surpassed her in power, but he would have wanted to study closely with her, I feel.

Crazy speculation time:
    ***Palpatine and Abeloth fell in "love," attracted by each other's dark will and power.
    ***She desperately misses him, and intends to free his spirit from Chaos, once she is freed from the Maw.
    ***The power of Anakin Skywalker is keeping him contained...
    ***Therefore, she must drink the mind of someone of equal or greater power in order to break out Palpatine...
    ***Which is why she really desires Luke

25. Treborani

Treborani Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2009
    We don't really know why Abeloth drinks minds or any of the details. If she does it for power though the she would probably want to drink Palpatine's mind. Her being in love with him would be ridiculous.