main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Fatty's Colorings -- The Manifestation of a Crayola Addiction -- 2/21 Jaina/Jag Update

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BigFatty, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Padme on the green background is awesome, Sara.

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Yes, I do really like the Padme on green. And the Leto with the orange is cool! :)

3. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks Z :) And thanks to you to Idrelle, and nice icon choice ;)

4. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Both are superb! I especially like the Leto.

5. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks Briman :) Seems like a number of people have a swell taste in icons ;)

Courtesy of the lovely FalconFan:

ESB Leia:

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/esbleia27azcolor.jpg]

And 2/3 of her progeny:

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/jeditwinsnjo9rpcolor.jpg]

6. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Whoa! :eek:

BF, that is really good!

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    =D==D=

Wow!! These pieces don't even look like the same drawings, Sara! Your fabulous coloring makes them look totally different--more "alive," more dramatic! Awesomeness! I especially love the twins--somehow, their expressions look even more tense in your piece!

Just...wow!!
    =D==D=

FF

8. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Beautiful renditions Sara! :D Wonderfully done! I especially like the ESB Leia, that one of my favourite Leia images and you've done it so much justice. Such care you've gone to with the hair and the eyebrows...that would have been hard. Well done! With the Jacen/Jaina image, is there any way of adding more of a glow to the lightsaber. I really think that would make it stand out a little more, and adding a little bit of lightsaber glow colour to the two kids would add something. Just a suggestion though, they look wonderful!

9. Malos

Malos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    I got to say that the Padme Skywalker is very beautiful. Well done!!:)
    EDIT: And the other pieces too of course:p

10. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Briman: Thank you :)

FF: Your fabulous coloring makes them look totally different--more "alive," more dramatic! Awesomeness! I especially love the twins--somehow, their expressions look even more tense in your piece! Just...wow!!

Thank you [face_blush]

C_R: Beautiful renditions Sara! grin Wonderfully done! I especially like the ESB Leia, that one of my favourite Leia images and you've done it so much justice.

Thank you very much

With the Jacen/Jaina image, is there any way of adding more of a glow to the lightsaber. I really think that would make it stand out a little more, and adding a little bit of lightsaber glow colour to the two kids would add something. Just a suggestion though, they look wonderful!

I agree with you on the color of the lightsaber, so I changed that. I also tried to add "glow" to the twins, but to me it looks like random purple smudges. Anyone who would like to share a nifty tip on how to do this properly would greatly be appreciated. Here's the version with your suggestions:

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/jeditwinsnjo9rprecolor.jpg]

Malos: Thank you :)

11. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I especially love the twins--somehow, their expressions look even more tense in your piece!

Agreed. It must be the yellow backdrop. It adds energy :)

12. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks TWD :)

13. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    This was my submission to the second round of the Official Coloring Contest.

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/jediaayla.jpg]

And yet another image from the fabulous FalconFan:

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/tenelkanjo9tcrecolor.jpg]

Enjoy!

14. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    SOMEDAY.... I am going to learn how to "color" all over again! *sighs* These ar wonderful, Sara.

15. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I like the color choices for TK's clothes :)
    But then, I'm partial to greens and blues :p

16. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesome Aayla, Sara! She looks fab!! See? I knew you'd get a kick out of that thread! ;)

I also love TK (and I'm with TWD on the colors here--very nice!)--I think my only suggestion might be to highlight her hair a touch more (I think just streaking in some gold or even white, where the light catches the waves/curls, would do the trick, just to make the hair look like it has more of a "shine"). I love her eyes...they look so deep and wise!

Another lovely post!

FF

17. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Great update Sara! :) You do such a wonderful job of colouring these images, I bet Falcon can't get enough of them! :D Falcon's version of Tenel Ka is how I imagine her and you've done such great justice to this image...I love the choice of tones!

Oh and the coloured lightsaber does add that little something extra IMO. :) Well done. The only suggestion I'd offer is on the glow on the character's bodies. The glow on the face is really good, really believable. I'd suggest using a large airbrush set on about 50% or less opacity and make a few strokes to build up a glow softly on the larger parts of the body. It just needs to be a little softer. And also, the lightsaber may look more lightsaberly if you put a single white stroke down the centre to give that neon effect. Just suggestions though, this really does look fantastic as is. :D

18. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Zonoma: Thanks, and you're never too old to color ;)

TWD: Thank you :)

FF: I'll try working on the highlights for the hair. I asked for a how-to book for photoshop for my birthday, so hopefully I can expand my skills sometime soon. Glad you're liking my work.

C_R: I'm honored to hear you say that you think I did TK justice. [face_blush] FF sent me to the lightsaber thread and it showed me the technique on how to do an easy lightsaber, but I'm still not quite happy with the results I've gotten. And thank you for the tips. :)

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I officially love this thread. What a great tribute to all of the great pencil and ink artists in here.

I love the Solo Twins and TK the best! :D

20. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Beautiful coloring =D=

21. double_blade

double_blade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    hey great job on TK and the twins
    i dont really think i can help u with jainas lightsaber in te medium u are using...u could always photoshop it...but then it all changes
    personally i think u need to at least have a white core for the saber...but i dont no how u could do the lighting on them any better...so yea...lol
    i agree with FF on TK...her hair seems a tad dull
    i think her eyes good great...very realistic
    herskin also needs a bit more colour to it to liven it up a bit

im gonna try my hand at that TK pic when i can get some time...and i hope i can make it as good as yours
    can wait to see whats next

22. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks and welcome to PLJ. And thanks to Briman.

double_blade: Welcome to the thread. And actually I am using photoshop to create the coloring effects for these pictures, but I still need more practice with the whole lightsaber effects and how to give highlights to hair.

23. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Happy Friday!

Here's a new one, of course from FF.

You can blame the look of the background on me walking around campus having the colored leaves of fall being the only source of color around my dreary, gloomy, and rainy day.

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/jacensolonjo4yucolor.jpg]

24. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    OH MY GOODNESS! I found MY date to the awards this winter. HELLO!

[face_blush]Great work, Sara. It is a high intensity piece!

EDIT: The background is incredible! Reminds me of the scene in Traitor where he is going after the durhyams.

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    OH MY GOODNESS! I found MY date to the awards this winter. HELLO!

*rememebers the insanity at the after-party for the Summer Awards.*

Oh dear. LOL!

Very nice, BigFatty! I like the background... very fall-y. :p Wonderful colouring!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.