main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Fatty's Colorings -- The Manifestation of a Crayola Addiction -- 2/21 Jaina/Jag Update

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BigFatty, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I did my own take on Alriel and I have to say I like your color choices better :p
    And, of course, wonderful Han and Leia image ;)
    I think Leia looks best in ESB. Not that she looks bad in the other one's, but she just has a certain characteristic with her in numero V. Well, at least when she gets to Cloud City. I don't like her Hoth braids much and they distract me from the rest of her features :p

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very, very pretty, Sara! I've always been partial to that photograph, where Han and Leia are only a breath apart, sort of leaning in a bit, but still waiting for the other to move first (so like them both! lol!)... You've done the coloring very well, matching things to their clothing in the movie--Leia looks particularly nice (although, since the drawing was mine, it also feels a bit "self-serving" to make that observation....)!

I'm sorry to hear that your icons won't make it--don't stop trying though! Your work is wonderful--I'm sure they'll come to their senses soon! ;)

FF

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Woohoo! Wonderful colourings Sara! I do like your rendition of Alriel, even though her cloak is snow. :)

4. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Dropping in to apologize for my lack of comments/replies/updates. The past week has been crazy on me. I'll do my best to get an upate in here sometime soon.

5. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
  6. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Gosh, BF, You are so talented. =D= I'm glad I found this thread. :)

7. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks to TWD, FF, Idrelle, and Red.

Sorry it's taken me forever to update this. But here are a couple for you done by DarthZemog and FF respectively.

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/SITH_Stitch_by_DarthZemogcolored.jpg]

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/coloralriel0dm.jpg]

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL at "Sith Stitch" by DZ!! I always adored that piece, and it looks great colored! And you did a marvelous job with Alriel, too--I'm liking the dark green background there, and the colors you chose for her. Very nice! Now--how about Jedi Lilo? Make her and Darth Stitch there a matched set! ;)

FF

9. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks FF :) I know DZ has some pictures with Lilo in them, I'll see what I can do ;)

10. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Shocking, another FF picture ;)

Jacen & Tenel Ka:

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/JacenTK_TJKcopy.jpg]

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

I can't get over how beautiful this picture is and the colouring makes it even more lovely!

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I simply cannot get over how individual all the great colorists around here manage to make one drawing! It's just so awesome! This is beautiful, Sara--the green background in particular: since they're there outside in nature, it seems so appropriate! And green suits them both so well! Another fantastic job!

FF

13. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thank you Idrelle & FF :D

14. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    These last three are fabulous, Sara! Darth Stitch has always made me laugh and Areil is incredible in the lighting effects. You improve your technique so much each time!

I love J/TK on green and I am thrilled that someone finally tried a silver metal sheen to her head piece! Very contrasting and complimentary.

15. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Seeing the updates, brings warm feelings to my heart *Yoda smile*

16. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Sara, the colors in this "Jacen & Tenel Ka" piece are gorgeous. It's very beautiful =D=

17. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thank you Z, TWD, and aurelia. I have another piece ready to go, but it's at home and I'm at work. I'll try to remember to put it up sometime in the next few days.

18. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Finally, an update:

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/obipadmerevelations0thcolor.jpg]

This was the first picture I've done using a reference for the coloring. This is the most unsure I've ever felt about a piece so far. Hopefully it does FF justice.

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey Sara! This looks lovely, although on my monitor it seems very "fuzzy"--sort of out-of-focus...I'm not sure if it's my machine or the picture itself. The colors are very true to the scene, although the "backlighting" of the characters is a bit less apparent in the coloring (in the original photo, there was a lot of light coming from behind Obi Wan, with softer lighting from in front, thus there was some "rim-lighting" around their faces...around Obi Wan's jawline and down the front of Padme's face). Another beautiful piece!

FF

20. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    The fuzziness was on purpose. I was thinking of the Dark Nest Trilogy when I was coloring it. I put a fuzzy look to it because I wanted it to look like a memory of someone being looked at by someone else.

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ahhh--I see! Thanks for clearing that up! See? It's all open to interpretation, and details can always help! :p ;)

FF

22. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Jacen and Tenel Ka...WAY cool!!! Nice work!

23. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    thats really awsome.

24. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ooo, Obi-Wan and Padme look awesome, Sara!

Now that I've read your comment about the fuzziness, it brings an entire new perspective to it. :)

Although I'd personally prefer that it was clearer, but it's still gorgeous fuzzy.

25. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, I love your colorings. [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.