main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Fatty's Colorings -- The Manifestation of a Crayola Addiction -- 2/21 Jaina/Jag Update

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BigFatty, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    big fatty and her coloring addiction gotta love it

otherwise we wouldn't have these great drawings

2. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Meriwyn: Thank you very much and welcome to the thread.

Anakin: Thank you, and a welcome to you as well.

Idrelle: Thanks. I wasn't sure about the colors on the piece, so I think that's part of why I made it fuzzy.

Chilla: Thank you

goddess: You'd still have great work for the story, I just fill in the blanks.

Sorry it's been so long since an update. But finals are now over and I have to time to do what I want while on break. So as a treat, here's a couple of pieces I've done.

First is by
    Zonoma. I just added the lightsaber glow:

[image=http://x26.xanga.com/1a4874450213121000649/b14995473.jpg]

Second is by FF.

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/LyndalSketchcolor.jpg]

3. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Oh whoa! I did not expect to see Lyndal here!
    It's actually kinda weird seeing it ^^;; In a good way I mean lol

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Yeah, there's "Darth Punkus" again, this time wearing some appropriate lightsaber highlights! Lovely (and I like that color for lightsabers, too!)! And what a lovely rendition of That_Wascally_Droid's character! Almost the same type of background that he used to color it, too (were you two collaborating on this one...?)--have him show you his version, if you haven't seen it--it's beautiful too!

And I am so enjoying "Family Album" over in Fan Fic! Bravo on that wonderful narrative! =D=

FF

5. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    who's the woman supposed to be?

6. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I love that it looks so real.

7. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    who's the woman supposed to be?

A character from a non-SW original work of mine. So, not a Jedi or moisture farmer or anything like that lol. I'm hesitant to give away too much on a public message board, but suffice to say, she's the Virgin Mary type character. But that has more to do with mythology than with any commentary on religion/Catholicism. Her current name is Lyndal, but I'm researching variations of "Mary" and "mother" in older eastern languages to see if I like them more. Arabic has some nice variations to play with which is fitting as the original work by FF was based upon Eastern/Hebrew themes.

Almost the same type of background that he used to color it, too (were you two collaborating on this one...?)

I know we discussed the colors of the character briefly, but I can't say for certain if we discussed the background colors. Either way, I was very pleased with her colors and I do hope I told her so in the e-mail (it's been a hectic month and I've been brain-scattered). I especially love the background colors and how well the hair turned out :)

I knew I could count on Sarah to turn out quality work on a quality peice :)

8. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    I'm too lazy to do replies right now, but instead I give you Jedi Lilo courtesy of DarthZemog:

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/Jedi_Lilo_by_DarthZemog.jpg]

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, how cute is Lilo!? What a great job coloring DZ's wonderful picture, Sara! I love that the "hula-patterned" tunic is in bright Hawaiian colors, too--awesome! Great job!

FF

10. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks FF!

Okay, here's four pieces that I've done today. They're all for my story The Family Album. I'm not saying who all is who, but I hope you enjoy them.

From FF:

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/JainaXwingColo.jpg]

From oldj:

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/Soontir_AgingColor.jpg] [image=http://photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/Solo_Fel_daughterColor.jpg] [image=http://photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/Shawnkyr_toddlerColor.jpg]

Have a Happy New Year!!!

11. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    BF, you've brought my drawings to life in full color!

Thank you - I love them!

oldj

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "Mondo" update is right! LOL!

These look fabuloso, Sara!! =D= I adore the pieces you've done for oldj--Soontir in particular. He looks so proud and regal, with the gray hair and that brilliant brown eye! Lovely! Shawnkyr's red eyes are awesome, and your choices for coloring the baby are great, too! I'll probably have to ask her who the lovely woman in the center of these is (I have a feeling it's the narrating character in "The Family Album," tho...am I right...? [face_begging] ;) )! Great work once again, BF!

=D=

FF

13. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Very lovely coloring! :)

14. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Great! =D=

15. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks you guys for your compliments. Here are the first two wallpapers that I've ever made. I was muy inspired by TKL's Healing Hearts.

[image=http://bigfatty102883.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/hhwallpaper1.jpg]

[image=http://bigfatty102883.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/hh2.jpg]

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow... been away from fan art for a while...

These are beautiful, BigFatty! The colours are so lovely!

17. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Oh, WOW, Sara - I love your wallpapers! Fantastic, and they suit TKL's work extremely well!

=D=

oldj

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice wallpapers, Sara! Nice compositions, nice colors--I especially like the beautiful and mysterious-looking planet snuggled into the asteroid field. Wonderful work on that one in particular. The bright colors, lovely font and the images for the second one are very effective, and lead the eye through the piece very well. Lovely work!

FF

19. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thank you FF, Idrelle, and oldj. Go back to the first post of the thread for a COTF update.

20. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    amazing work =D=

where did you found this nice font for TKLs Healing Hearts wallpaper?

~Mags~

21. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks Maggy. And I get my fonts from here. The one on the asteroids is called Dear Joe Four and the other is called Scriptina.

22. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    Those are amazing! Very good! =D=

23. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    I know this side but never had the time to look through all the fonts

~ Mags ~

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    OOOOOO!!! Isn't Anakin pretty? (And pretty scary! ;) ) Wow, BF, you've done such a fantastic job with this one--and truthfully, I knew from the start that it was definitely going to need your special skills to "finish it:" the Hapan dragon standard in particular, and the difference in the eye color were definitely going to need your touch! I love the colors you used for the standard, and the way you gave the dragon on the torq the ruby-colored eye--did you reference Zonoma's original concept piece for that, or were you "channeling...?" ;) And using the "bloody red" for the walls behind Gio is...chilling...and extremely effective--it really sets off that grim expression and his bald head... You really did a smash-up job with this, and I'm sure Neo-Paladin is really really happy now it's colored! And this, on top of all the homework, immunology midterms (**shudders**), and all the exerpt work for all your nominations for the Beyond Awards! **scratches head** ...How many of you are there, anyway...?

Great great work!

FF

25. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    A big thanks and welcome to king.

FF: Z gave me instructions for everything but Gio's background. I did the deep red for something to really contrast the green in the standard. And there is only one of me, sadly. And the bad thing, I really mismanage my time; at least when it comes to schoolwork. But thankfully I don't have another midterm for another week and a half, that one being in biochemistry. Ugh.

Anyway, here's my latest coloring. The original lineart can be found in FF's thread. She's an OC, so I don't know what the real coloring was supposed to be. I chose the colors I did because it reminded me of Tahiri in one of cheersweetie's stories and Izzie and the news she revealed on this week's Grey's Anatomy. I've colored someone who is crying before, so comments are definitely welcome on that.

[image=http://x1a.xanga.com/f0fb02e2c233032873161/b22827815.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.