main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic Favorite Bible Verses.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SniperJedi, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SniperJedi

SniperJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2004
    This thred is to post your favorite verses from the bible and you can explain why if you want to.

(If you want to be in an email program that is called lifeline talk to me I'll give you more info on it, it's a program that we all read 1 book a week then give our thoughts on it.)

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    First Bible verse learned = John 4:24 (King James Version) "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

Shortest Bible Verse = John 11:35 (King James Version) "Jesus wept."

Longest Bible Verse = Esther 8:9 (King James Version) "Then were the king's scribes called at that time in the third month, that is, the month Sivan, on the three and twentieth day thereof; and it was written according to all that Mordecai commanded unto the Jews, and to the lieutenants, and the deputies and rulers of the provinces which are from India unto Ethiopia, an hundred twenty and seven provinces, unto every province according to the writing thereof, and unto every people after their language, and to the Jews according to their writing, and according to their language."

3. SniperJedi

Mar 19, 2004
    Funnyest Bible verse(in my opinion)
    (NIV)Proverbs 18:6 (color=blue) A fool's lips bring him strife, and his mouth invites a beating. (/color)

4. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    A couple of my favorites:

"Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." ~Psalm 27:14

Probably the most crucial verse in my life right now! I love it, because it's so were I'm at.

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. The Lord will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." ~Zephaniah 3:17

This has always been one of my favorites. It's also the only verse that talks about God Himself singing. And it's over us! :D

5. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Some of my fav.'s:

Exodus 4:25
    Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.

words to live by:

(Leviticus?) 15:16
    And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even.

15:17
    And every garment, and every skin, whereon is the seed of copulation, shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the even.

15:18
    The woman also with whom man shall lie with seed of copulation, they shall both bathe themselves in water, and be unclean until the even.

(1 Samuel)
    18:27
    Wherefore David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full tale to the king, that he might be the king's son in law. And Saul gave him Michal his daughter to wife.

6. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    So what are your guys' favourites?

7. SniperJedi

Mar 19, 2004
    I've got alot ... have you relized that in the Bible God made day and night a few day's before the sun and moon ?

8. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    He had extra big flash lights. ;)

Had to create the sun because he didn't have rechargable batteries and we all know Energizer batteries cost way too much. ;)

9. SniperJedi

Mar 19, 2004
    :p never thought is if that way before ;) lol

10. SniperJedi

Mar 19, 2004
    half ya know this one but I'll type it anyway.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

11. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    philippians 4:13

i can do all things through christ who strengthens me

12. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Ezekiel 25:17... Pulp Fiction-style, baby. :cool:

13. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    *shakes head in confusion* Hatter? Can it be??

IS THE ACG REALLY COMING BACK TO LIFE??

*waits to fall over dead if Izird or Carbonated Goat or someone along those lines shows up next*

14. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    yeah, as far as it looks... i mean, 3 or 4 straight days of the good ole spanksta posting... must be a modern era record or something :S

15. SniperJedi

Mar 19, 2004
    I dunno but Zephaniah 2:3 is a good verse ;)

16. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Grand-Admiral_Stan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2002

my favorite one is in my sig,

2 tim 2:15 is amazing too,

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

also

2tim 3:16

All scripture profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17. im_posessed

im_posessed Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    so many favs, but i think the top one right now is romans10:13-14 "Everyone who calls, 'Help, God!' gets help."
    But how can people call for help if they don't know who to trust? And how can they know who to trust if they haven't heard of the One who can be trusted? And how can they hear if nobody tells them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.