main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Favorite Books and why?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Timmy Bengal, May 5, 2021.

1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    The Courtship of Princess Leia

It is fantastic because it is fantastic (all definitions of the word). It brings so many different elements to the universe that are great in the one book, and the ideas seed out into so many that would come after. Luke is learning to be a master, Han is a romantic idiot, Leia is torn between her heart and her duty. Over the top villains, familiar and wildly new settings/factions/creatures.

If you want one book that encapsulates the fun of Star Wars...to me...this is it.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Oh and my fav series is New Jedi Order. It has a great story with great characters and themes. It is really about something and that something is important.

3. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Labyrinth of Evil
    It is the perfect conclusion to the Clone Wars Multimedia project, & the perfect prequel to RotS & everything that's about to change.

4. Timmy Bengal

Timmy Bengal Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2021
    does it still work in the new canon?

5. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    It's a good book regardless, I'd say read it anyway if you're interested. I don't think it contradicts any canon books, just TCW.
    It has Obi-Wan and Anakin learn about the kidnapping of Palpatine differently than they did in Clone Wars or The Clone Wars. Its depiction of Palpatine's kidnapping itself might work, as could that of the micro-series - if you squint.

I'm sure there's plenty of minor contradictions, as you would expect when trying to fit a Legends book with canon.

What books have you read and enjoyed so far?

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    AusStig and Timmy Bengal like this.
  6. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    There's the Sifo-Dyas part too.

I haven't watched TCW final arc yet (I'm watching it this weekend :)) so can't comment on the Battle of Coruscant / kidnapping.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  7. Timmy Bengal

May 4, 2021
    I read SW:facpov, Tarkin, Catalyst, and am almost done with Dark Disciple which is excellent!

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  8. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    The Lando Calrissian Adventures by L. Neil Smith. I just love all the wacky adventures he and Vuffi Raa have in the Centrality. Some of them were like the sort of ridiculous cantina tales that a character like Lando would tell and no one would believe... that they were actually "true" and not made-up makes the whole thing even better.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  9. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    If you liked Tarkin and Catalyst, then I would recommend more Luceno, such as Darth Plagueis (which Tarkin references a few times), Labyrinth of Evil, and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader among others. I don't think any of Luceno's books contradict each other to my knowledge, Legends or Canon. There's also Rebel Rising by Beth Revis, which picks up after Catalyst and the Rogue One prologue, and leads right up to the main story of Rogue One.

Not sure what to recommend based on Dark Disciple, personally. Maybe Christie Golden's other canon novel Battlefront II: Inferno Squad, which takes place after the Battle of Yavin and features or references a few characters from Rebel Rising.

AusStig likes this.
  10. Timmy Bengal

May 4, 2021
    thank you so much that is an awesome answer!

AusStig and VexedAtVohai like this.