main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Favorite Chewie scenes in star wars movies.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jason79, May 2, 2019.

1. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    In light of the recent passing of Peter Mayhew i thought it might be a good time to discuss our favorite scenes in the saga featuring everyone's favorite walking carpet. Maybe it'll make us all feel a little better too. Oh and it doesn't have to be Peter's chewie scenes. It can be any one involving the character.

I'll start off with the part from Episode IV where chewie was shaking his head no at Han during the rescue scene. That always cracks me up. I also love the part in empire where chewie is trying to fix 3po and he puts his head on backwards. Then 3po calls him an overgrown mophead!

What are your favorite chewie moments?

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Sarge likes this.
  2. skyabovethesky

skyabovethesky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2019
    when he fakes out the imperial probe droid on hoth so han can annihilate it
    [​IMG]

3. Darth Saddius

Darth Saddius Jedi Knight

Dec 24, 2015
    There are so many. He really did bring Chewie to life. One of my favourites is the wonderful little scene in TESB where he has an 'Alas poor Yoric' moment with C-3PO's head.

RIP Peter Mayhew - May the Force be With You.

Sarge and Count Yubnub like this.
  4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I really like the Porg scene to be honest haha. OT wise I would say...too many to mention actually!

5. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    I like when Han leans against him in ANH and when they're pretending to take him as a prisoner in the elevator.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    "That's cause a droid don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose; Wookies are known to do that".
    [​IMG]

YT-2400 and Dandelo like this.
  7. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Pretty much any scene with him is a winner in my book. My favorite thing about Solo is that it has so much Chewie in it. God, I love that fuzz ball.

8. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Chewie you big coward.

Chewie come here

LedReader and christophero30 like this.
  9. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I was just gonna say the trash compactor scene where Chewie is shaking his head. Also him folding his arms and taunting 3PO after the chess game.

Togruta likes this.
  10. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    One that I particularly like is in TESB. Luke stops by the Falcon before heading over to his snowspeeder. He wishes Chewie good luck, and gives him a playful scratch on the shoulder. Chewie responds by giving Luke a big, friendly hug.

11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Some of my favorite Chewie scenes. I'm sure there's more, but these are just off the top of my head. RIP, Peter Mayhew...

-The classic scene of him smugly putting his hands behind his back.

-When he's shaking his head in that "Don't wanna" way in ANH.

-When he hugs Luke before he leaves in ESB.

-When he's trying to get back Threepio's parts, and messing with Threepio and his whole backwards-head situation.

-When he goes for the animal meat in RotJ.

-When he throws a fit in the carbon freezing room.

-When he's holding and comforting Leia as they watch Han get frozen.

12. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    "Turn around you wooly!"

13. jedisor

jedisor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 22, 2011
    The "prisoner transfer from cell block 1138". "Look out, he's loose!"

When he and Han are trying to repair the Falcon in Echo Base and he flips a switch and it goes haywire.

When he hijacks the AT-ST with the Ewoks, throws the driver off the top, and takes it around blasting other walkers. He goes to where Han is and points the guns at him, and then pops out the top like "Surpise! It's me!"

When he's injured in TFA and gives Finn a hard time, then later when the doctor comforts him. "Yes, that sounds very scary. You must be so brave!"

When he busts down Luke's door in TLJ. Also the porgs.

In Solo when Han sends him to get drinks, he comes back to find Han talking to Qi'ra, and just shrugs and downs both drinks.

christophero30 likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    ESB-when he tries to bend down with C-3PO on him to get into the Falcon and then bangs C-3PO for good measure when he complains.
    ROTJ-The Tarzan yell and subsequent stealing of the AT-ST.
    TFA-The nodding when Tashu Leech said Solo hadn't paid him twice. Oh and the scene with the nurse.

christophero30 likes this.
  15. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    ANH - When Han says, "Wookie's are known to do that" (pulling people's arms off), he casually rests his hands on the back of his head. :cool:
    ESB - Him trying to repair C-3PO and carrying him on his back
    ROTJ - Going on a shooting spree in the AT-ST. [face_laugh]
    TFA - When he walked back inside the Millennium Falcon with Han Solo, afterwards with Han saying, "Chewie, we're home."

RIP Peter Mayhew. Thank you for bringing to life a beloved character. And helping to create the galaxy far, far away.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I know its just a cameo, but seeing him on Kashyyyk during ROTS was dope.

I loved him during the Train Heist in Solo too.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Teaming up with the Ewoks in the AT-ST as well as his appearance in ROTS (will always love him giving Yoda the piggyback ride). Moments like these helped me see Chewie as more his own character rather than being mostly attached to Han and the Falcon.

18. Jason79

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh i also liked in TFA when Han asked chewie to borrow his supercharged crossbow. Then after blasting two storm troopers straight into the air he turns to chewie and says. "I like this thing!" Chewie almost seemed to be grinning.

The part with Finn was funny too where he says chewie almost killed him six times.

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    So many moments, but my favorite is probably when they close the shield doors on Hoth. The yell just as the door closes is heartbreaking.
    Either that or in TFA, when Chewie shows up in the Falcon, rescuing Rey and Finn. Even though his best friend of 40 years has just been killed in front of him, he still finds the strength to save the day. That's how good a guy Chewbacca is.

Sarge and christophero30 like this.
  20. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Chewie and Han in TFA trailer.

21. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
  22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Mine are both food-based - the 'thinking with your stomach' scene in ROTJ where he goes for the meat and the 'roasted porg' scene in TLJ.

23. Jason79

Oct 31, 2012
    LOL the porg scene was awesome! Some people thought TLJ went too far with the comedy with scenes like that or any porg scene really but i loved them! The theater i went to everybody was roaring with laughter!

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  24. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yep, this is for sure mine.

25. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    The part in Solo right after Han and Chewie are in the shower. I love how fluffy Chewbacca looks when he walks outside, like he had used conditioner and been blow-dried.