main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Amph Favorite Comic Book Character

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by nobeazer, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobeazer

nobeazer Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007
    Rorschach.
    I usually don't like DC comics but Watchmen was amazing.
    [image=http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/296/rorschach1.gif]

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    [image=http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51cNuG6NJlL.jpg]

"Rorschach sucks"

3. nobeazer

nobeazer Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007
    What?!?!?! how can you say that? rorschach is amazing!

4. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001

[blockquote]Otherwise my favorite changes depending on interest. One day I may say Wolverine and on another I may say Batman. Sometimes a simple thing like a great piece of artwork changes my mentality over a given character. [/blockquote]

Same here but it usually depends on the writer. Ed Brubaker's Captain America, Frank Miller's Daredevil, Joe Stracynski's Thor, Brian Michael Bendis' New Avengers, Stan Lee's Fantastic Four, Bary Windsor Smith's Weapon X, the guys writing the Green Lantern comics these days (geez I can't remember their names), And the guy (I can't remember his name right now either) writing the new Nova comic (ever since Annihilation that book has only been getting better and better).

All time character I like no matter who writes him...Captain America cuz he wasn't an accidental hero, nor was he traumatized and became a superhero. No radioactive spider bit his hand, he didn't come to earth as a baby in a rocket ship, and he didn't see his parents shot at a young age. No, he volunteered for it as a normal man with fully working psyche out of a desire to serve and protect his country. IMO this made him already a hero the serum the shield and the costume only made him super. The other hero's become so afterward Cap's the only one that'd be one regardless.

I even really dig Bucky as the new Cap-is that wrong?

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Question was reading "Watchmen" and concluded by saying that Rorschach sucked. It's an inside joke as Rorschach is based on the Question.

I like Superman since he's not only the first, but the greatest. A true example of what one can achieve, based on their morals and values. By trying to live a positive life and inspire others.

I like Batman because of his dark, brooding nature and his grim determination to never give up. To make sure that his tragedy is never felt by others.

I like Spider-Man because of his humor and his sense of responsibility, trying to make up for his actions.

I like the Hulk because power and humor, especially when he's the Smart Hulk.

I like Wolverine because of his dark sense of humor and grizzled attitude.

I like Green Lantern because all of them have done their best to be a hero, despite their different methods and ideologies.

6. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Any of the old-school X-men. [face_love]

.... except Wolverine.[face_plain]

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] So I take it you won't be seeing the new movie :p

8. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I might, 'cause I get in free at the theater, and I'm otherwise a huge X-men fan, but there will be plenty of eye-rolling and sarcstic whispers. He's such a bigheaded jerkface.

:D

9. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I like Captain America the most. He is just awesome.

10. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    There's something about Batman...

[image=http://people.ucsc.edu/~jkli/Batman-color.jpg]

That is, besides this: :p [face_love]

[image=http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/gallery/2005/06/13/neeson3.jpg]

11. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Batman, Iron Man, Nightcrawler, Silver Surfer.

12. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    I'm surprised and gratified by all the love cap's getting here...back in recess way back in gradeschool my friends always fought over which one was going to pretend to be spiderman or Superman or Batman (god there was always a bloody jihad over which one would be Batman). No one ever argued with me when I said I wanted to be Cap (they all gave me funny looks though). 'course that was in the eighties when Cap tended to be a bit preachy.

Anyway favorite Villian:

Magneeto 'cuz he's the only supervillian that doesn't ultimately boil down to the caricature mustache-twirling villian. He has vision and depth to his cause over the rather superficial rob bank or take over world motivation of most of the other SV's-I'm not saying some of the others don't have depth or vision...but what I'm saying is Magneeto's the one that seems the most believable to me and that I feel some sympathy towards.

13. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    Cade Skywalker.

14. Jedi Vince

Jedi Vince Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 1999
    1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Green Lantern
    4. Iron Man
    5. Captain America
    6. Hellboy

15. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    DC:
    Hal Jordan- I just love Green Lantern, and Hal Jordan is the greatest of them all. He's a great character, and very deep, in my opinion, especially after Geoff Johns took the reins.

Harvey Dent/Two Face- He's been my favorite DC villain since I was introduced to him in Batman: TAS all those years ago. I love the complexity and the duality of the character.

Bruce Wayne- Batman is always on these lists, and I'm no exception. The Dark Knight is simply a great character with some great writers.

Dick Grayson- I just love Nightwing.:p

Barry Allen- Best Flash out there, no contest. Wally West is a close second. Not a big fan of Garrick or Bart.

Ra's al Ghul is another character I've always loved, due to his mysticism an complexity.

Oliver Queen- Green Arrow is always up here on my lists because of his lavish lifestyle and interesting personality.

I know there are a lot of Batman characters here, including the big guy himself, but Green Lantern is actually my favorite comic.:) Will post Marvel characters when I have more time to think. I've always been a DC guy more though.

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz JC Head Admin & Community Manager star 9 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 21, 2002
    [image=http://www.scifi-universe.com/upload/personnages/0-9/305069-53268-spider-jerusalem_super.jpg]

17. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    It's difficult for me to pick a favorite. I can most relate to spiderman. I think batman has the biggest testicals of any superhero and is extremely smart. I love Spider Jerusalem. How can you not? He's got two hot filthy assistants and a bowel disruptor. Plus he always seems to do things I've always wanted to do, but never could.

18. DarthConus

DarthConus Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2009
    #1 for me is the Joker, then Batman, Rorschach, Marv, Wolverine, and Magneto all come out about evenly right behind.

19. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    1. Batman (Bruce Wayne ONLY)
    2. Superman (Kal-El/Clark)
    3. Flash (Barry/Wally)
    4. Joker (Mark Hamill)/Lex Luthor (tie)
    5. Wonder Woman
    6. Hiro version of Toyman
    7. (large group here of other DC characters + Spidey)

20. PeteTB

PeteTB Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    1. Batman
    2. Iron Man
    3. Rocketeer - Dave Stevens stories/art
    4. a mix of other modern characters

21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    In no particular order....

Thor
    Normon Osborn
    Deadpool
    Nova
    Iron Man
    the entire Guardians of the Galaxy crew.
    Slade Wilson aka: Deathstroke the Terminator
    Taskmaster
    Skaar

There may be a few others

22. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    In no particular order : Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man

I hate the Silver Age versions of Bats and Supes, though, and consider every Spidey story after they killed Ben Reilly off to be non-canon.

23. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Batman
    Wolverine
    Blade
    Supergirl
    Superman
    Gambit
    Morrigan Corde
    Joker
    Spiderman
    Storm

24. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2003
    In no paricular order:

1. Magneto
    2. Superman
    3. Silver Surfer
    4. Iron Man
    5. Captain America
    6. Batman
    7. Green Arrow
    8. The Hulk
    9. Spider-Man
    10. Captain Marvel/Shazaam-Loved the episode of Justice League Unlimited when he battled Superman.

25. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    How could I forget Namor? :oops: That dude is easily one of my all time favorites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.