main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Favorite Holiday Show

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Joanzia, Dec 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanzia

Joanzia Former FF Staff star 3 VIP

Oct 18, 2000
    In light of the holidays I thought I would start another one of those favorite threads. This time, let's hear what your favorite holiday shows are...you know, ones that you watch year after year. :)

My two favorites from childhood till now are...

THE YEAR WITHOUT A SANTA CLAUS (Gotta love the Heat and Snow Meisers)

HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS (Original Version)

Recent movies that we watch once during the holidays are...

JINGLE ALL THE WAY- Kinda reminds me of all the Star Wars Collectors (especially Neumera and Nick from Austin) diving into kiddie pools trying to find the Darth Maul figure....

THE SANTA CLAUSE- it was a neat perspective on Santa and how the North Pole operates.

And let's not forget the classic....

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE

2. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Hmmm.. more currently since I hadn't seen it before a couple years ago, I like.. what is it?.. A Christmas Story? LOL.. "you'll put your eye out, kid!" :)

As a kid, my favorite holiday (and even non-holiday) 'toons seemed to be Peanuts although I can't remember how the xmas one goes.. I saw it on DVD.. maybe I'll snag it just for the sake of getting some Peanuts stuff for our collection, tho'...

I can't think of any others off the top of my head :( I think I like having It's A Wonderful Life on in the background, but I must not have seen it a ton of times because I can't remember all the details of that, either! LOL :)

I do vaguely remember the excitement of the holidays as a kid when the SW christmas special was on (any little reminder of "Christmas is coming, kid" set me off into hyperdrive LOL).. but that was so long ago I don't remember it. I'm sure I would turn bright red and go "oh man.. this??? LMAO" if I saw it now.....

anyway.. Happy Maulid.. err.. Holidays ;)
    MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

3. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    My all time favorite Christams movie is "A Christmas Story."

I remember asking for a air rifle for Christmas one year and I got the same reaction...

"You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

Big Chris

4. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Scrooged. Not the crappy Dickens one, but the cool Bill Murray one. =)

(I know how uncultured I sound, but I've got a grudge against Dickens. I'll only take his stuff when viewed or written through an intermediary. For example---Bill Murray and Richard Donner for Scrooged, or Trey Parker and Matt Stone for the South Park Great Expectations). =)

5. JarvisW

JarvisW Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2000
    I like The Christmas Story too.

My favorite cartoon is a tie between A Charlie Brown Christmas and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

6. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    "It's A Wonderful Life" whips me into a coma. Had to endure it EVERY YEAR as a kid, so I shy away from it.

Personally, my "must watches" every year are A CHRISTMAS STORY (especially since TNT runs it in a 24 hour loop every Christmas Eve) and NATIONAL LAMPOON'S CHRISTMAS VACATION.

I still dig Chuck and the gang, too. I just wish that, in that last strip, he would have gotten to kick the football. Stupid Lucy.

7. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Rob,

Buddy it's not Christmas Buddy, unless you include "It's A Wonderful Life", Buddy. I know people some people have been beaten down by it especially when they were young. When old as I you are, beaten down will you not be. I find it nothing puts me in a holiday mode better that this flick, unless you include Die Hard.

8. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Bamm,
    Chris-wookiee was complaining about that last strip just a few days ago, too! hahahahahah! He ranted for .. man.. I don't know.. half an hour about how it disturbed him that Charlie never got to kick the football. heheheheh :)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

9. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I liked the Muppet Christmas Story. It was the last best muppet movie made. I like the way they cast each muppet into the roles.

Christmas Vacation is also another fav of mine. Cousin Eddie rocks.

Nightmare Before Christmas is also a good one.

10. Pete_Solo

Pete_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2000
    It's just not Christmas until I see A Charlie Brown Christmas and A Christmas Story. Of course Christmas doesn't offically begin for me until I hear Santa Claus and his Old Lady by Cheech and Chong and hear the dogs barking to Jingle Bells.
    Pete Solo-Skywalker (just for you and just this time Joanie)

PS-A movie that I watch that has nothing to do w/ Christmas is the first half of ESB. It's on Hoth, it has snow, something you never see in South Texas

PSS-Can we count the first Die Hard and the first Lethal Weapon as Christmas movies?

11. jedimiss

jedimiss Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2000
    Come on people how can anyone forget The ball...er...Nutcracker. Every year I look forward to seeing in on TV or maybe at fair park.

I love the opera and the Nutcracker is one of the best in the world!!

Egg Ng, gifts and the Nutcracker is the ONLY reasons I like Christmas, so bah humbug!!!

_--__--Jedi Mistress a.k.a Jedi Scrooge_---_-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.