main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite Kill of ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by SlavetotheForce, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Let's see, there are so many dramatic kills.

I'd say...

Dooku's beheading: The fight leading up to his mutilation is excellent. Seeing Anakin and Dooku fight is always a treat.

The skilled Clone: The clone that killed those two Muckracker droids on Utapau. He fearlessly leaps on top of one and firings into it's guts. Then runs to the next and hoses it with fire. Had the empire had more stormies like him Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie wouldn't have made it off the death star.

Ki-Adi Mundi: His close up is brief but very memorable and impressive. His fighting style was very elegant, just as I always imagined it from those few promo pics and his deleted sequence which I have only seen in anamatic form. His expression as he is being back stabbed is priceless. He tries motioning them forward futily, then looks back as he hears the guns of the highly trained Arc troopers and Commando's charge. He looks each of the troopers in the face franticly and then you can see the moment of realization on his face and he immediately knows what the audience knows. He knows he doesn't have much time and starts blocking furiously but the excessive amounts of well aimed blaster bolts overcome his defense and after a few shots to the shoulders he begins to slip up and he is thoroughly shot. He falls to the snow and the clones look down at him to see if he still breathes. The camera pans out on his corpse.

The two clones: The clones that try the same stunt get killed in the process by the Jedi Master.

Axed in the chest: The clones infront of the temple find out that some Jedi still breathe. Yoda throws a saber into a trooper's chest and he reels back in pain. Yoda launches into his chest and pulls out the saber. As he falls dead to his knees, he leaps off the clones head, getting enough air to easily swipe at the next clones head off camera.

Zett: Died like a warrior.

Two Red Guards: Died like punks.

2. AUSSIETROOPER20

AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    mine would be yoda cutting bree and the barc troopers head which will allow a rebel to use that suit and fight for the rebellion one day.[face_laugh]

3. Jandekian_Overlord

Jandekian_Overlord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    The film stalling at #10 domestically.

Just kidding!

4. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    The skilled Clone: The clone that killed those two Muckracker droids on Utapau. He fearlessly leaps on top of one and firings into it's guts. Then runs to the next and hoses it with fire. Had the empire had more stormies like him Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie wouldn't have made it off the death star.

That clone was cool and reminded me of starship troopers, this and yodas temple ones are teh bomb

5. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/pogglethelesser/img/movie_sm.jpg]

That punk deserved to get it!

6. TheCat

TheCat Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Gotta be Dooku - great moment.

7. King_Stannis

King_Stannis Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    As I've said in another thread, I actually felt sorry for Gunray. I know he was a turd, but just to hear the terror in his voice was weird.

My favorite death was Dooku's, though my favorite death scene(s) were the jedi getting killed by their troopers.

8. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    Anakin getting killed was my favorite

9. magicfann

magicfann Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    The best one was definetly Yoda throwing his lightsaber, GL hesitated to put that in 'cuz he didn't know what our response to it would be. But the scene where Plo Koon gets shot down is cool too.

10. lord_S

lord_S Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    when anakin kills dooku!

11. anakinobiwan

anakinobiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Anakin beheading Dooku.........noooo question. Why? Because Anakin looks like a freakin rock star when he cut off Dooku's hands and catches Dooku's saber. The look on his face..HOT! Such a smooth MF!

12. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Gunray. "You promised us pea...aaaaagggghh!"
    Odd Ball getting blown of his fighter is up there as well.
    Obi crusing the Grevious guards
    Obi shooting grevious "How uncivilized."

13. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    tie between Nute/Dooku/2 clones beheaded by Yoda

14. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Gunray's - no doubt.

15. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    *Seeing Oddball or some "Random Clone Pilot" hurling through space after his ARC 170 disintigrates was pretty cool.

*Yoda's Saber in the Chest move

*Anakin's immolation

16. MasterACyard

MasterACyard Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    folks, I really liked MOST of the kills equally! they were all powerful, especially for a SW film. IMO, the only cool death in any other episode was when Maul ran it through Qui Gon. All that's left is Luke's green saber PUSHING guys off the skiff and teddy ruxpin's cousins throwing rocks at "special needs" seeming stromtroopers (compared to these awesome clones we get in recent films). I get the point of primitive vs. tech, but, Rated PG? My gosh!
    Alot of people seemed think it was "funny" the way Padme CAREFULLY fell to the ground after the choke. A very sad, touching moment, but the cheese factor was off the chart.

The order 66 scenes were kind of ok, Ki-Adi Mundi's (i think he's the conehead) was done well, but I did not like the Smurfette Jedi's scene on E.T's Planet, or the speederbike scene.But the paralell of speederbikes like rotj was the only part i liked about that one. There just should havebeen a bit more Jedi going out in the movie....it left me wanting so much more.
    But what we got was really good.
    I think i'm gonna go see it again soon. DOES ANONE KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER IT WILL BE IN AMC THEATERS?

17. Seanywan

Seanywan Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    Yoda throwing the saber was pretty hard core. But, it showed you that the he and Obi-Wan were all buisness and had no time for games. I remember reading in the making of book that the guy who did it was, as Rob Coleman put it, "from the video game age". Coleman wasn't sure that George would approve becuase it seemed so intense. But George liked it! Cheers George!=D=

Best death (IMHO) was Dooku. If you watch closely, Anakin grabs his wrist so he has a clear cut of Dooku's hands. It wasn't a flashy swipe like Dooku did to Anakin in AOTC. [face_skull]

Come to think about it, most of the deaths in this film were intense.

18. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Did Anakin scissor Dooku or thrust his lightsabers forwards?

19. General_Griev0us

General_Griev0us Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    scissor, most definately a scissor

20. DarthSidiousIII

DarthSidiousIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    1. Two clones being completely owned by Yoda.

2. Dooku getting his hands cut off...then his head.

3. Ki-Adi-Mundi almost surviving the attack.

4. Clone trooper being impaled by Yoda's saber.

5. The Battle Droids in the beginning of the movie when Obi-Wan jumped out of his cockpit, ignites his saber in mid-air, and chops up the droids.

Good stuff.

21. Boba_Fett_00

Boba_Fett_00 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    Count Dooku getting decapitated was coool!

22. GrievousKiller

GrievousKiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2005
    That scissor move kicks @$$.
    I also liked Anakins sorta death, nute Gunray, and Artoo killing the super battle droids.

23. Chosen_One314

Chosen_One314 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    I would have to say Dooku.

It was sooo unexpected, FOR DOOKU TOO! He didn't think Anakin was gonna beat him.

I know I was shocked, especially with how fast the duel was.

Great scene.

OMG JETT WAS GREAT! He went down fighting... a true warrior.

24. Geoff89

Geoff89 Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    Ki Adi Mundi's death was the best. I hated that he died, but he was really the only jedi out in the field to understand what was happening and to fight back.

I liked the youngling death scene. It is kind of ironic that Anakin is turning because Padme is having a child, yet he is killing dozens of them in the temple.

25. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Mace! Killed by chosen one and Sidious, beat that!

I guess that's more of a death, but still...

Mace "ARRRG ARRRG ARRRG ARRRG ARRRG ARRRG ARRRG ARRRG"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.