main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Favorite Krennic Moment?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darkslayer, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I second that! It was refreshing to see some animosity within the ranks of the Empire. I don't remember scenes like those since ANH.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    "Oh look, here's Lyra, back from the dead. It's a miracle." Love the way Ben Mendelsohn says this line -- so dry and sarcastic. I almost freaked out in the theater when I saw him in Darkest Hour.

EDIT: Darn, someone took my moment. I do like the little smirk that he gives after Vader says "be careful not to choke on your aspirations." Very subtle.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah the post-Force choke smirk is interesting, is he happy that Vader indirectly acknowledged that he is still in command or is Krennic just into being Force Choked.

Avnar likes this.
  4. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    I think happy that Vader doesn't outright reject his proposal. You could argue that him and the Emperor are happy to see some internal infighting within the imperial ranks, a divide and conquer like approach where everyone is up against each other rather than potentially uniting against them.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Krennic looking up before the Death Star. His own creation kills him is some of the best cosmic justice.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    You on the other hand, die with the Rebellion!

7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I like to think the smile was meant as "That's freaking awesome. I wish I could do that.".
    Also:

Agreed. Was great to open a SW movie simply with two excellent actors completely nailing a conversation scene.

Great thread! Krennic would approve.
    [​IMG]

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    @Darth Downunder

TBH I forgot about that one, probably my favorite actually

Now as for my in-movie favorite:

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    To Galen: "My condolences."
    Then, to death troopers: "Search the house!"

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I liked the song and dance number he shared with Tarkin and Vader. Oh... that didn't make it into the film? Um... I also like his "We stand here amidst my achievement not yours..." temper tantrum.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    He''s a great example of someone with guts having to weave a thread through the dangerous and powerful hierarchy.

La Calavera likes this.
  12. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    “We stand amidst MY achievement, NOT YOURS!”. Love the delivery, and how Krennic stands up to Tarkin. Really well done.

13. sheri1967

sheri1967 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    He is a brilliant villain. A well written character portrayed by a talented actor. What more could we want.

Etav Byx and Avnar like this.
  14. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Are we blind? Deploy the garrison!

Because when everyone was standing around staring I could feel his pain looking around at his subordinates and wanted to shout he same thing "are they blind?"

Master_Rebado likes this.
  15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    His incredulity when confronting Tarkin about the Death Star being his achievement.

Whole scene with Vader; the arrogance in saying he deserves an audience, wanting the Emperor's attention. "Hey Vader, you'll tell the Emperor how great I am right --" (Force choke)

Ah, Krennic. You left the GFFA too soon...

wobbits and DarthHass like this.
  16. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Everything involving Krennic on Eadu with Galen, one of the few times I buy him as manipulative and intimidating.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  18. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Don't choke on your aspirations director"

But to be honest, he didn't seem to be at all afraid of pressing his issue with Vader.

19. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    "Let me share with you...some details". The guttural manner through which he says this line is absolutely chilling. Based solely on his delivery of this line, and the fact that he ultimately ended up having a role in the Dark Knight Rises, I have a feeling Ben Mendelsohn might have been in the running for the role of The Joker in the Dark Knight.

Also his "NOT YOURS!!!" exclamation is amazing. Superb delivery by Ben Mendelsohn on both of these lines in particular.

Definitely the opening scene between him and Galen ranks up there with the best scenes in all of Star Wars.

For some reason I also appreciate his subtle finger wave when he exits his meeting with Tarkin as an order to the Death Trooper guards to get moving in front of him.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    While not necessarily my "favorite", one of the most understated Krennic moments in the film is when he is a clearly horrid and miserable houseguest to the Ersos on Coruscant.

21. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    The scenes that sum up Krennic the best are the opening scene and then his later interactions with Tarkin and Vader.

He reminds me of one of my former managers. The dude had a big bark and bossed people around and had impossible expectations to the point that nobody knew what he actually wanted. However, do you want to see him fold like a cheap napkin? Put him in there with someone that has authority over him. I saw him get royally chewed out once (and yes, he deserved it) and he just took it in silence except for the occasional "Yeah but..." or "But I want..." type deal.

That is basically Krennic in a nutshell.

In the opening scene, he walks around like he's one of the hottest dudes in the Empire and throws his weight around. However, put him in there with someone with actual authority, and you see him crumble in frustration. Tarkin and Vader pretty much wipe their feet with him and that fuels his desire and motivation for the rest of the movie.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  22. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Addressing Tarkin and standing up is my favorite moment for sure!
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk and Snafu55 like this.
  23. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    "Send my guard squadron into battle. Two men, with me, now!"

*Turns to officer*

"Get that beach under control!"

I wish we could have seen this, though:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  24. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Both of My favorite moments of Director Krennic is when is he confronting Tarkin like a Nazi Rival and when his is meeting lord vader on mustafar

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The prologue. Brilliant dialogue.

LedReader likes this.