main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Favorite Moments/Details Of TROS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    I have to go with the Ben and Han conversation. It was poignant and also a mirror of their last scene in TFA.
    It made me smile and cry at the same time.

Also, Ben smiling (for the first time in the series) after his kiss with Rey. Knowing that he died a happy man was the best ending for him.

2. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    In terms of full scenes, it would be either the Ben and Han conversation, or Rey defeating Palpatine with the help of all the Jedi which was a huge punch the air moment for me.

If it's a random specific moment, I was devastated by Chewie's reaction to Leia's death, that hit hard. I also loved seeing Ben break into a broad smile for the first and only time.

3. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Every scene Rey and Kylo/Ben shared together.

4. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The last half, but I like the whole film.

Starting from Rey sailing across the water, then climbing the structure.

And then:

Kylo v Rey on DS2
    Ben’s vision of Han
    Luke lifting the X-Wing
    Palpatine shocking the ships out of the sky
    Ben v Knights of Ren/resurrecting Rey

Such a great conclusion to the saga.

5. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Goodness, so many to choose from. I would fill up the next to pages.

But if I narrowed it down to an absolute pinnacle, then;

Everything involving Palpatine

The lightsabre battle on Kef Bir

Seeing Luke as a Force Ghost and a change in outlook

But there is just so much I love

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Han&Ben 2.0
    Can't go far wrong with that choice. it seemed like everything Han should've said first time and the reaction Ben should've give the first time.

Add to that Luke being Luke again and the reintroduction of Palps.

7. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    - Han/Ben
    - Everything with Rey and Kylo/Ben, together and separately
    - All things C3PO

8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    They were the strength of the film, no doubt.

9. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Either Ben Solo kicking ass, the Jedi voices or the return of Lando.

10. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I need to add another after being reminded of it in another thread.

And that was young Luke and Leia training with lightsabers. My heart swelled with joy and tears welled in my eyes when I saw this.

And this was one of those times where I loved having read spoilers and knowing it was there. Because rather than blinking and missing the moment, I got to saviour it and it was beautiful.

11. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Ben Solo.

Adam Driver managed to convey that he was actually playing two distinct personalities. Kylo's purposeful striding and intimidating stance was replaced by Ben's more classically heroic running and more relaxed posture for example. It was easy to believe that even though Kylo and Ben looked the same, they weren't the same. I thought Adam did a great job with that.

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    There are so many, after seeing it two times I’m feeling a bit more aware of all that’s there but it’s a very packed film in the best possible way (for me).

I have a bizarre thing that to me turns a movie from good, or very good, or even great to “wow!” and that’s a goosebumps moment. A lot of my favorite recent movies have them. Star Wars always does for me. A non-SW example is Thor Ragnorak when Thor’s eyes fill with lightening, the music starts, and he proceeds to absolutely kick butt for the next few minutes. I swear I saw that movie 4 times in IMAX mainly for that scene alone lol I couldn’t get enough of it. And it’s just a Thor movie! Lol. In Rise of Skywalker that scene was when the million friendly ships (we’ll just say Resistance ships even if that’s wrong lol) all have jumped into the system. That was like 10 seconds of goosebumps and just wanting to cheer like a sports event. I just thought, YES! This is the final movie, the final battle, it SHOULD look like this! I wanted epic and boy they delivered.

But plenty of smaller moments too from seeing Lando again to Han Solo to Rey versus Palpatine (the whole thing lol).

The movie is so full of big moments, even if some are smaller character scenes, it was just a ton of fun.

13. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I agree. I was grinning like a little kid again at that bit. It was pretty special.

14. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2019
    The prologue, stunning overture
    so dark, so powerful and epic, we are finally shown where evil is hidden
    C-3PO, he steals the show! Funny as never.
    Every moment shared between Kylo & Rey
    Han & Ben (powerful and touching scene, arrived at the right time)
    Luke & Leia training
    The voices of the fallen old Jedi
    The final in the sunset, all comes full circle

15. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    For the first time in decades (maybe ever?) I also really enjoyed Threepio. He got some of the funniest lines of the movie, especially "You didn't say my name, but I'm alright too". That whole section when Threepio was being talked about as if he wasn't there was brilliant black comedy.

16. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Lando showing up with the massive group of ships from across the galaxy made me cry tears of joy. The music, the scenery, the acting... It was just a perfect moment. Pure Star Wars!

17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    But he had nobody to play off of. There was no Han Solo to call him "professor".

DarthIshtar likes this.
  18. NOTJEDIMATERIAL

NOTJEDIMATERIAL Jedi Knight star 3

May 3, 2018
    Film wise, Rey going off on Kylo during the battle where he is wounded. Her raw emotion and lack of control was what that scene required. It was also Daisy's best acting IMHO. We needed to see her suffering at the news of her parents at that exact time. Well played JJ.

19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I think I might be the only one that notice this but I enjoyed Raiders of the Lost Ark references including falling into a pit and finding a dead skeleton to Palpatine's face melting like he was a Nazi putz.

The question is was those done intentionally or just accidentally?

20. smithy15493

smithy15493 Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2017
    Anything Rey/Kylo and any of the lightsaber/force scenes i loved, some of the death reactions were moving and powerful (When Rey thought she killed Chewie, Chewie reacting to Leia's death). Need a second viewing because i was getting goosebumps every 15 minutes!

21. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    So many favorite moments from TROS:

- The prologue of Kylo searching for Palpatine (and that small cool moment of his ship moving on the Sith wayfinder, then the camera transitioning into his actual ship flying through the Unknown Regions).
    - Lando and the Pasaana chase sequence + Rey vs Kylo's TIE Silencer.
    - Rey vs. Kylo near Vader's helmet.
    - The Kef Bir lightsaber battle (the lack of music made it really intense).
    - Han/Ben moment.
    - Every moment of Luke on Ahch-To. Back to his old, hopeful and inspiring self from the OT.
    - Palpatine (everything from his look (the crane thing was creepy), to his force lightning and the overall look of his Sith lair on Exogol).
    - Ben vs. Knights of Ren (they made him very different to his Kylo persona and even showcased a different lightsaber fight style).
    - Rey's Jedi voices and defeating Palpatine - so epic!
    - Ben saving Rey
    - Twin Suns finale.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  22. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    The Han and Ben scene was definitely my favorite.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  23. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Rey's scenes - what a superb actress Daisy Ridley is. Practically every one she's in, you can't take your eyes off her.

The final duel between Kylo Ren and Rey in the middle of that raging sea could have fit in a Kurosawa action film. Bravo.

During the celebration, there's a look of sadness on Lando's face as he surveys the crowd and misses his old friends, but the ol smoothie quickly recovers and all is right with the world again.

24. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Rey hearing the voices of the past Jedi and then taking down Palpatine is probably my favorite scene of the ST now.

25. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Voices of Jedi Past for sure. I couldn't make them all out this first time, but you can bet your sweet bippy I'm going to before this is out of theaters!

Force Ghost Luke. Yay!!!

Flashback Luke and Leia

Rey's vision duel.

And then just about all of it. I loved this movie!!!