main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Favorite Moments/Details Of TROS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Dec 20, 2019.

1. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Pardon my rush to explain but:

The some of fight in the DS ruins in a wet storm and Leia’s voice to Ben when he almost kills Rey and subsequent mention of “Leia” by Rey and the healing of Ben plus the apparition of a “solid and clear” Han Solo seen by Ben; is like an opposite of events in TLJ when Luke senses an injured Leia and she calling out to him “Luke” , Ren/Rey hand touch Rey‘s vision and fight in the rain (wet storm) with Luke at Ahch-To. Rey even said “if I go to him Ben Solo will turn”. Luke even slipped and Rey stopped from using the pulled saber to almost as if to kill Luke.

Plus in TROS the then Kylo Ren came to Rey instead to convince her surrender to the dark side. Rey in TLJ went to Kylo Ren to convince him that he can turn to the light.

Just wow!

There’s more too. Maybe next time.

I think it’s astounding.

MJ

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    Palp_Faction and chrisfree like this.
  2. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    When Zorii and Poe are talking on Kijimi and you can hear the same music that played in AOTC when Cliegg Lars tells Anakin about his mother

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh, really? I need to listen for that now.

MarcJordan and CampOfSorgan like this.
  4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Personally speaking this film is growing on me the more I watch it. It has so many bits that I like and that I think were good ideas.

• Exploring the wreckage of the Death Star.
    • The fight on the Death Star.
    • The Emperor being hauled around on that thing to keep him alive.
    • Exegol, I love the idea and the execution of a Sith home planet. It reminded me in some ways of the opposite to Jedha.
    • Reconstructing Kylos mask.
    • Babu Frik.
    • The whole Kijimi sequence.
    • The idea of someone trying to find Sith artefacts. Whilst its execution may have been a bit clunky in this film, I really like that aspect of the story and I feel it should have been one of the core focuses of the whole trilogy.
    • Han Solo's scene with Kylo.
    • The Leia footage looks seamless to me.
    • The score, especially the little call backs to the originals.

5. Gonk Droid

Gonk Droid Jedi Knight star 1

May 7, 2017
    My favourite moment is a simple one.

PD - What are you doing there 3PO

3PO - Taking one last look Sir, at my friends.

I found this scene so poignant in as much that it summed up everything we love about SW. That is friends sacrificing themselves for the greater good.

I'm far from a soppy guy, but this genuinely brought a lump to my throat.

6. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    I almost feel like when C3PO said that, he was talking to us .. The fans.

Also when Luke lifts the X Wing from the water and smiles, it felt like that smile was for us watching. Almost as if he was Saying “Yeah, I finally did it”! :)

7. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Back in ESB we all know Luke couldn’t lift his X-Wing and the music
    in TROS is the same from the former scene. What comes to my mind is Luke decided against Yoda’s and Obi Wan’s decision that he shouldn’t leave yet.

This time it is the same Luke who convinces Rey to face Palpatine and ironically unlike ESB where Luke took advantage of having the X-wing when he was not ready for the face-off. In TROS Rey is ready so Luke gave her his.

MJ

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  8. JohnWilliamsSonoma

JohnWilliamsSonoma Force Ghost star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    The Chewie death and 3P0 wipe could have had genuine power if their sacrifices counted but they reversed them so quickly they really didn’t have impact for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

themoth likes this.
  9. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    I looked at it this way : First there were two transports and this scene was showing that Rey if she let anger get to her head would have dire consequences. She was so distraught that the power of Force lightning came from her. She had allowed her fear initially of “saving Chewie” and succumbing to anger. The Dark Side ( used by the Sith ) does this and hence the lightning . She learned then that she messed up and lead to the “loss”. Finn was also in such a state despair he accidentally allowed Rey to do what she tried to.

As for 3PO the wipe was thought to be permanent he still made the choice for the operation to decipher the Sith as the situation was dire since Palpatine came back he knew how urgent it was knowing the past for decades. But who better than R2 who has his memory intact and close friend of C3PO for decades bring it back? Plus 3PO would have no memory of Leia Han Luke and that would defeat his purpose as story teller as Lucas created him to be.

This also shows the Sith didn’t eventually get their way. And that’s the best thing.

MJ

StartCenterEnd and Gonk Droid like this.
  10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Same thing with Rey giving up her saber. This film played takebacksies a lot.

for me it was "move your metal ass"

11. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    They fly now?

I know a lot of people don't like that bit but it made me chuckle and I think the bikes and flying stormtroopers look really cool.

12. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    "Look at yourself. You wanted to prove to my mother that you were a Jedi but you've proven something else"

Great line.

I liked Dark Rey as well. It would have been great if they had ended the trilogy with them both on the Dark Side.

One other thing I do quite like is that Rey often fights by holding her lightsaber with just one hand. She thrusts and parries with it one-handed like a rapier instead of the more commonly used two-handed broadsword style. It's a much more elegant fighting style and suits Rey, her obviously being female.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  13. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
  14. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Ah, so THAT'S why he looked so familiar!

15. Macromind101

Macromind101 Jedi Knight

Jan 9, 2016
    When Quinn is cut off by Kylo and thrown to the ceiling, when the camera is at first zommed in on Quinn's face, he is being thrown face-first into the ceiling. When the camera zooms out, he is instead thrown with his back being against the ceiling. Has anyone else noticed this? Could this be considered an error on the movie's part?

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The opening scene with Kylo meeting the Emperor:
    Hearing Vader's voice.
    The callback to ROTS with "some consider to be un-natural."

Lando re-appearing.
    Wedge re-appearing.
    Luke and Leia flashback.
    Raising the X-Wing.
    Han and Ben's chat.

17. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    The whole Death Star sequence was filled with great moments the Han and Ben conversation along with Leia’s death along with Rey realizing her failure made me shed some tears. My second favorite moment is when Kylo shrugs just like his father after the lightsaber hand off. A really small character detail that was perfect in the moment. I smile every time I see that moment.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I didn't realize at first that this was a Han moment.

19. darth_of_denmark

darth_of_denmark Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    Tbh. Most people who don't like that was probably on the hate wagon months before the film was released. My reaction was the same as you and I think there is way to many angry kids (I hope they are just kids) online acting like parrots :)

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  20. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    Underrated. Thanks for pointing out.

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Discuss the films, not the fans, please.

Jedi Merkurian and cratylus like this.
  22. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    To me this line is a perfect follow up to Kylo trying to influence Rey in TLJ “looking for them everywhere, first in Han Solo now in Skywalker “

This time Rey’s only left with a mother figure. Kylo will have none of that. He’s been trying each time for her to forget the past now that she knows she’s a Palpatine it’s the perfect opportunity to get her to join him against a common enemy so to speak.

It also connects with the first one to one communication scene between them in TROS “no, i have other plans”.

MJ

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    On my rewatch the other day, I noticed Chewie showing off his medal to R2 and 3PO at the very end of the film. I though that was a really nice and sweet touch.

24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    At first, I didn’t like the apparent ease with which the “Bendemption” happened. But then, my wife got me to realize that Leia expended the last of her life energy to be like...

upload_2020-5-16_8-6-28.jpeg

...which is like...the most “Mom” thing ever.

25. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Another good Chewie moment is when he, Finn and Poe are captured on the SD, a stormtrooper tells them to shut up and he carefully lets out a VERY slow, almost gurgling growl. Hilarious!