main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Favorite Moments/Details Of TROS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Dec 20, 2019.

1. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I can appreciate that scene.

2. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    I liked the arena destruction. In particular when none of the Sith acolytes had a chance. Broken rocks of all sizes bashed them as if every stone specifically aimed per acolyte.

Almost like a comeuppance at Palpatine’s lightning at each fighter craft of the galaxy. Former quite impressive but the latter with much more menace ironically. Ironic in the sense the rocks were part of Palpatine’s refuge;the Sith temple .

MJ

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    darthfettus2015 and Awushi Awere like this.
  3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    There's a lot of small details that are in there, many alluded to them already. The big reveal of Rey is what many awaited for and got what most didn't expect so it was a big suprise. My favorite musical part is Kylo's journey to Exegol and the crescendo builds beautifully (not on the soundtrack for some reason?). Rey and Ben make the movie with all there parts together and wrap up the trilogy/saga perfectly. The voices of the Jedi at the end lifting Rey was a terrific nod and help tie all the movies together.

Awushi Awere and darthfettus2015 like this.
  4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Babu Frik. He deserved to be in a better movie.

Bor Mullet and Darth PJ like this.
  5. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    John Williams cameo and his bar full of film score references

Awushi Awere and whostheBossk like this.
  6. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Everything on the Death Star involving Kylo. That whole chunk of movie from when he stops the rolling Wayfinder to when Han’s image has disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darthfettus2015 and Sarge like this.
  7. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    Han speaking to Kylo/Ben and the tossing of Kylo/Bens lightsaber. It was great to see Han one last time and it took me and the people I went to the cinema with by total surprise when he appeared. My mum whos favourite character is Han Solo even let out a little OMG! when he appeared.
    I have many other favourites scenes from probably too many to mention.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  8. mtt02263

mtt02263 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 29, 2020
    I went in with unbelievably low expectations and was pleasantly surprised with the film to be honest. Thematically I hate bringing Palpatine back, but I liked Exegol and the sort of mythic presence of the statues and chanting crowds. I liked Luke's scene with Rey and I really liked the Darth Rey scene minus the shark teeth. I also liked Rey, Finn, and Poe actually getting to have an adventure together. I thought Kylo became a more compelling villain again after TLJ with his mask back and his scenes invading Rey's presence.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Jo Lucas likes this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    My favorite part was not even actually in the movie itself laughably, but was Sidious' Fortnite speech. It also reminded of the TPM tone poems,lol.

10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm a big fan several new alien characters in the film: Babu Frik, Albrekh, Boolio, Klaud, and Kalo'ne.

11. jaimestarr

jaimestarr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2004
    I really liked the rescue of Chewbacca sequence/Rey Vs. Kylo via Force Skype. 3P0 holding Chewie's gear was hilarious.

12. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Billy Dee Williams was great, still has that Lando charisma after all the years. His iconic smile was even mode impressive than many of the elaborate visual effects.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The cut to Threepio going "Under NO Circumstances--" then Artoo is whirring in Threepio's head "Memory restoration completed!" is kinda great.

Awushi Awere and MarcJordan like this.
  14. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    The Han cameo did it for me.

15. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    A brilliant move in everyway. I also liked it for the reason that in TLJ Luke previously told Ben "I'll always be with you...same as your father" "See you around kid". The first part was to make Ben attack him (I came to face him, but I can't save him), second reminding "Kylo" there no fooling him, Luke knows he's conflicted. Finally the third point, it is Han who says "kid" (even to Luke in the old days) so in TROS Han shows up saying "Hey kid".

MJ

16. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    the death star sequence is brilliant and I love all the Exegol scenes. Love the aki aki
    Han and Kylo.... top moment

Awushi Awere and Palp_Faction like this.
  17. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Everything on Death Star 2. Little details like seeing an OT stormtrooper helmet lying on the floor. Seeing the interior of the Death Star again brought back so many memories of when I saw ROTJ back in the summer of '83 as a wide eyed 10 year old boy!

18. Martin Hoffmann

Martin Hoffmann Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2020
    In TROS I liked the portrayal of Palpatine on Exegol.

I'm not a fan that Palpatine had his return in TROS, but at the same time I thought that return was quite well done. :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  19. Knights Of The Ren Table

Knights Of The Ren Table Jedi Padawan

Aug 21, 2020
    1) The Han and Kylo sequence.

2) Poe Zorri at the end lol

3)Finn yelling, "RRRREEEEYYY!"

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Palpatine hanging from a coat rack is just hysterical. Tops.

Lightspeed skipping was fun, even though they were doing it just to do it, and it makes a mockery of Han's warning about traveling through hyperspace.

The sequence in the sand tunnels.

Rey vs Kylo with the waves crashing over them.

21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    This thread almost went two years before being woken up.

@CT-867-5309 Did you watch again recently?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yes, I did. I'm sort of actively trying to change things up a bit in this forum. Bumping threads sort of for the sake of new discussion. Hasn't always worked, but sometimes it does.

whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    My favorite is “Rise Rey,” all the Jedi voices telling her to fight. The Jedi anthem, its so amazing.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    That was one of the worst things about the film, IMO. It totally breaks continuity, and fundamentally goes against some of the major narrative points.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Hey hey!

That’s pretty much it.

Nom von Anor likes this.