main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Multi-Episode Arc in The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 14, 2011.

?

Favorite Multi-Episode Arc in The Clone Wars

Poll closed Aug 13, 2011.
  1. Malevolence (Season 1)

7.7%
  2. Nute Gunray (Bombad, Cloak, Lair - Season 1)

6.2%
  3. Ryloth (Season 1)

1.5%
  4. Holocron/Cad Bane (Season 2)

6.2%
  5. Geonosis (Season 2)

9.2%
  6. Mandalorian (Season 2)

18.5%
  7. Boba Fettt (Season 2)

6.2%
  8. Domino Squad (Rookies, Cadets, ARC - S1/S3)

4.6%
  9. Nightsisters/Savage Oppress (Season 3)

12.3%
  10. Mortis (Season 3)

27.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    They revolve around the same plot.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It was all about the Gunray, dagnabbit!

...Just like the PT. All about the Gunray. No Gunray, no PT. He just never gets the respect he deserves.

3. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I have to agree that Gunray's the most pathetically lovable of the prequel villains. Perhaps even in the whole Star Wars trilogy. Gunray+Tom Kenny+His dialogue is win to me. [face_laugh]

4. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I remember as a knee high youngster finding gunray oddly sympathetic.[face_laugh]

And my 13 year old brother, who isn't much of a Star Wars fan, finds "Let me out and I'll buy you a planet!" to be the most quote worthy piece of dialogue in the whole saga!

5. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    That has to be "THIS IS AN OUTRAGEOUS MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE!", in my book. [face_laugh]

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Gunray might be the best comedic relief SW has ever done.

Threepio in ANH/ESB might come close but Gunray is just sheer awesome.

I wish they had him in TCW more.

7. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Worst "comedic relief" in Star Wars: Jar Jar. [face_sick]

Honestly, when I was a kid I knew everyone hated him but I didn't at all, but over the years I have come to despise him.

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, I don't want to drive this too off topic, but I was stunned in TPM with Jar-Jar and the fart/poop jokes. Just terrible.

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    ROTS battle droids that made their way into TCW. [face_plain]

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, the battle droids were bad in TPM and just went downhill after that. Imagine if they couldn't talk!

11. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    In the Tower Defense portion of Clone Wars Adventures, the droids say 'So we're just supposed to ignore the towers? that seems stupid.' And since i play too many tds that was funnier than it should have been. I also generally like battledroids, even when i'm going through a prequel hate mood, i like them, though not so much their ROTS voices.

But to get back on topic, I picked the Nightsister trilogy because it managed to craft an interesting, sympathetic and yet terrible villain with surprising ease. Savage could have been the most one note thing out there and they somehow made him work. And i'm not even a Maul fan, so that's saying something.

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What's wrong with them in TPM? (or AotC for that matter)

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I dunno i kinda like them actually.... droidhumour in movies were much better than Jar Jar's poopjokes- "roger roger":p ... in TCW however droidhumour was misused sometimes..
    some commens every now and then are funny- actually battledroids are funny enough when they just misunderstand things.... like "Ship is heavily damaged, all power is routed to the frontshields, there is only one lifeform aboard..." -"Whaaat?!"- "Ship is heavily damaged..."[face_laugh] I think that kind of humour is ok.....

But agreed about Gunray- he is great character and too many times forgotten- i thought it was horrible when they left him out of the Lego Star Wars-game and all sets completely- it really pissed me off.... now finally with TCW there is Gunray in new game and i have that finally done minifig-Viceroy i wanted 10 years ago as a little kid[face_laugh]

14. KelDorMaster

KelDorMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2005
    They don't forget what happened, they are just confused to learn that only a moment has passed since they lost contact with Rex. It all happened in a very short span of time. The only thing that someone doesn't remember is Anakin and his visions of the future.

This is a tough poll... Haven't picked one yet but probably going with Gunray, Geonosis, Mandalorians, or Ventress. I know, haven't really narrowed it down:p

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    My favorite multi-arc is the one with Clone Cadets, Rookies, and the Kamino invasion one.

Yep, the prequels really blew. Not to get off topic and re-hash old stuff (it seams you guys did it), but the movies were not good. By the time we got to ROTS, no matter how good that movie was, it had already received bad publicity from the previous two. One with jar jar, the other one had all those messed up cuts at the end. If anything, the reason why TPM and maybe ROTS will pass the billion dollar box office marker in the near future is beucase of the success of the clone wars cartoon series. That all. Just for the record, I'm not going to see the movies in 3-D. Too me thats not real 3-D. Those movies weren't done that way and will feel off when they do it. Avatar...well thats something else.

16. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I love the battle droids, but I can see how people would find them too goofy compared to stormtroopers.

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I'd be willing to start a PT discussion thread in LACWAC because we're such a self-contained forum.

Here's the problem Lucas has coming in to the PT (at least, he makes it a problem in his own head): "I"m going to have dozens or hundreds of Jedi at the end of the Golden Age, and they fight with lightsabers, and there's going to be the Clone Wars in there at some point, though I don't really want to focus on the Clone Wars at all. How am I going to have the Jedi fight without seeing a bunch of decapitations and amputations every time?"

So he comes up with the Battle Droids. Okay, fair enough - no blood, no decapitation or amputation would look nearly as bad. I could live with that if they were like the IG droids or Commando Droids. But no, why not make them goofy too? Let's just throw terrible/obvious/immature humor into EVERY battle scene because REMEMBER EVERYBODY, STAR WARS IS FOR THE KIDS AND THEY CAN'T HANDLE ANYTHING WITH THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF DARKNESS.

Argh. By the time it gets to ROTS, we have this absolutely incredible opening shot over Coruscant that is ruined as soon as Anakin starts talking, and then only gets worse when they have the little yappy Vulture Droids or whatever.

Star Wars was always campy but never outright goofy until TPM, I believe, although ROTJ came close.

Wait wait wait - back on topic - we wanted 10 choices for the poll, and we wanted to avoid duologies. So we included Gunray and some other loosely based arcs.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    too goofy compared to stormtroopers?[face_laugh] Stormies are so goofy i'm not sure can I agree with that statement.... droids, stormies, clones- funny guys all of them.... clones are bit more serious usually but many times they make me laugh as well....

And stop this PT-bashing for now or I start to bash this beloved Mortistrilogy of yours:mad: -it really sucks IMO

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Are you talking about the prequels? Where's that humor from the droids? TPM doesn't have it, neither does AotC. I only remember that in RotS, and only in a few scenes.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    TantiveIV boarding - very first SW-scene ever- is bit goofy with stormies and rebels doing huge dives when dying- and funny droid characters in the middle of the battle and they are not hit because "Kids cannot see cute characters getting hit" damn it guys Sw has always been childish....
    accept it or abandon it- there is no huge gap between 'serious OT' and 'goofy PT'- Jar Jar is over the top but rest is very similar both seriousness and goofiness combined.....

But then what- do we really need to see gore in it? Blood and brains everywhere lets have some guts and chainsaw murders[face_devil] - no way are Jawas seriously mature characters what about cantina is that really not goofy at all? Even ESB has childish humour when Yoda acts like some kind of kid.... i think childishness of PT is problem mainly for those who were little kids when OT came then it was so damn serious cool business- later nostalgia makes it impossible to see how childish OT is.... then what i love little bit of childishness in movies it's positive aspect and too serious scifi/fantasy really don't entertain me- one good thing in SW is that we can clearly see George created own universe that is not so damn serious... and yet it still is.... in all goofiness it has sense and meaning....

SW is great movieseries- stop bashing it.... this is not thread for movies anyway.....

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    This.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Jar Jar is not very important in ROTS.... anyway isn't this wrong thread for this?...

23. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Geonosis. I liked how it was broken up into four distinct episodes, each with a different feel or "genre" if you will, and each one was a solid example of its type of story. I think that tends to work better than when the arcs try to be fully continuous... there's too much starting over again every 22 minutes (although this has gotten better).

After LAPR, I though every subsequent episode was going to be a letdown, and I thought the last two-- DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR NOSE!?!?-- were going to be awful. But they were excellent. It was pleasant surprise after pleasant surprise, and I am only frustrated that there hasn't been anymore Barrisokha.

Ryloth and Mortis might vie for second place, and there might be a few two-part arcs that work better than the longer ones. I've always like the Maridun episodes.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    For me, it was when the droid shouted D'OH! like Homer Simpson when Qui Gon force pushed him.

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I fail to see how is that bad or wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.