main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Favorite new species featured in the PT?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, May 4, 2020.

?

Favorite new species featured in the PT?

1. Neimoidians of the Trade Federation

22.2%
  2. Gungans of Naboo

27.8%
  3. Kaminoans of Kamino

42.6%
  4. Geonosians of Geonosia

22.2%
  5. Kallidahan ofPolis Massa

1.9%
  6. Mustafarians of Mustafar

3.7%
  7. Utai of Utapau

5.6%
  8. Pau’ans of Utapau

13.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Out of all the new species that were “featured” to some extent in the PT, not just a minor or background character who happened to be a new species, which are your favorite?

edit: something is wrong with the poll, can someone fix it? This is what I get for trying to use my phone to post. Whenever I try to edit it just duplicates options. @cubman987

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Damn...tough.

Imma go with the Geonosians. Really creepy architecture and the insectoid behavior gives me Aliens/Cameron vibes. I also liked how we got to see an organic separatist paramilitary force.

Gungans and Mustafarians are also really cool. I like how there were two Mustafarian sentries guarding the CIS base and how they let Vader through.

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah, what do you want the poll to say?

Edit: I removed the duplicates and put an "other" option - if there are any other specific species you want added let me know.

devilinthedetails and Ghost like this.
  4. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Rather than any individual species I have to say I like the diversity of them. But if I had to pick one I’d pick the Gungans—original design, original culture. The Geonosians are also pretty cool, as are the Dugs.

5. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Kaminoans for me.

I like their obvious old school alien look and Kamino itself is one of the coolest planets from the PT.

Not on the list but Togrutians and Kel Dorians were also pretty unique new species introduced via the prequels.

6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The Togruta and the Toydarians!!!

7. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Hard question, but I think that I have to go with the Gungans of Naboo. I feel like I get the most insight into their culture and beliefs in terms of things such as life debts and martial pride. The architecture of the Gungan city is always incredible for me to behold; I never fail to get a sense of awe when I see the glowing bubbles of the Gungan city. Also the design of the Gungan sacred place the Gungans flee to after the invasion of Naboo is very beautiful and spiritual for me. The statues remind me of something that might be seen in East Asia on our world. Just interesting to see how Lucas can draw on real world influences while creating an original species. I also find the relationship between the Gungans and the humans on Naboo fascinating. Naboo must have a very interesting history, I think.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Has to be Kamino, a delightful take on what could have been a very standard 'grey aliens' aesthetic, made into something much more ethereal and ambiguous. I like their dispassionate nature, above the petty realities of the rest of the galaxy. The design of their interiors, blinding white and sterile, fits so well when meshed with them being the origin of the Stormtroopers.

And the water effects on the surface are still mindbogglingly good combined with the miniatures used for the city.

9. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    The PT doesn’t get enough credit for its creatures. The worlds are extremely dense with different species, and there’s a real consistency to the reused species from the OT versus new creations. IMO the new trilogy really lacked memorable returning species’, but the Mandalorian brought back that sense of alien diversity.

That being said, the Neimoidians were a perfect blend of old and new for the prequels. They were intentionally based on a previously featured species in the Cantina (Duros), but the subtle changes and different culture really set them apart. The animatronics were absolutely seamless by ROTS. And it was cool to see some of them in a warrior position as guards on Mustafar.

10. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I wish we saw more of the Neimoidian guards as I quite like the overall design. Something about seeing a species that's usually shown to be cowards wearing battle armor and carrying blaster rifles strikes me both kinda amusing and interesting at the same time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  11. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Seconded! There are so many distinct and individually brilliant designs in this trilogy. It's mind-boggling. A truly diverse little universe!

If I have to pick one favorite, I'll also go with the Gungans - partly because of the unique design and culture, but mainly because of Jar Jar [face_love]

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I went with both the Kaminoans and the Geonosians. I couldn't decide between the two. I love the gracefulness and sleek look of the Kaminoans, but I also love the bug-like look and especially the insect-like language of the Geonosians. In fact theirs is my favorite non-basic language in the whole GFFA.

13. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    From that list I went with Neimoidians

But there’s a lot of new interesting alien design in the PT, it’s probably one of my favorite aspects of the PT. Like @devilinthedetails mentioned, we get to see quite a bit of Gungan society which is fun. And just from design standpoint I also really like togrutas, nautolans, dugs, toydarians, and several of the aliens in the pod racing contestants that we briefly see.

14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I went with Geonosians. I don't really like the look of their ships or technology...but I do like the design of the Geonosians themselves. I'd say the same of the Gungans as well.

Chancellor Yoda and Lulu Mars like this.
  15. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    I went with the Neimoidians because they have the funniest lines and i like the concept of their species.
    Literally corporate slimeballs.

But for favourite creature design i'm gonna say Dug.
    I dig them !

Sebulba has great character, voice and locomotion.

I'd love to know what Sebulba got up to in later life.

Lulu Mars and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  16. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I liked the Pau'uans, especially the contrast of being long and gaunt against the short and stubby Utai.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I choose Thisspiasian, just because I think its one of the most unique designs in the saga.
    I'm disappointed we never got to see Master Rancisis speak or fight in TCW.
    [​IMG]

I'll also express my partiality towards the Ongree.
    I think some of the best designs in the films are used for the Jedi Council scenes.

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Kaminoans and Toydarians.

20. Def Trooper

Def Trooper Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2019
    I picked Kaminoans and Geonosians, but I love all of these aliens for all the reasons others have already eloquently stated. I'll also add onto the love for the Togruta and also Darth Maul's race (forgot the name of them).

21. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    The Kaminoans. Also the Geonosians.
    Zabrak.

Def Trooper likes this.
  22. Paleof

Paleof Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 13, 2019
    A lot of great ones. Ended up going with the Gungans, Kaminoans, and Geonosians just because it was so hard to pick. If I was pressed, I'd probably go with the Geonosians. They were a really uniquely designed and memorable race.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  24. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    I went with Gungans and Nemoidians although you can count me in on the general love for all the aliens in the PT. They both absolutely crack me up with all of their lines.
    “You-sa in big doo-doo this time!”

“We would never do anything without the approval of the senate.”
    “She’s right, the senate will never—“
    “It’s too late now!”

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  25. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Gungans because I like best the role they play in the plot.

The first battle of the saga foreshadows the battle of Endor in that a primitive army helps the heroes win both times.

Also, while he’s not a favorite, I find Jar Jar more and more relatable since I feel like him a lot in real life.

Last edited: May 15, 2020