main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Favorite Part of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darkslayer, Feb 8, 2018.

?

Favorite Part of Star Wars?

1. The Prequel Trilogy

12 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. The Original Trilogy

29 vote(s)
    60.4%
  3. The Sequel Trilogy

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. The Anthologies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Clone Wars

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Rebels

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Which of the major parts of Star Wars (film series or TV shows) is your favorite, and why?

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The Original Trilogy. Why? Well, certainly nostalgia is a big part of it since I grew up with those movies.....but also I still just feel they are the better films. Darth Vader and Han Solo have always been my two favorite movie characters, and I still feel like the characters from the OT are the best group overall. I just have an attachment to those films that I don't quite have with the PT or even the ST. The cartoon series have always felt more like supplemental material to me, even though I really enjoyed most of TCW and have pretty much adored Rebels.

3. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    It's the Sequel Trilogy for me. Of course, a lot of credit goes to the OT as the Special Editions were my intro to Star Wars, but without the ST I may have remained a very casual fan.

It came at an opportune time for me, when I was at a point of being able to think about SW in more depth than I had been 10+ years earlier, and wasn't following any film series (and very few on TV). Even so, TFA was just another film I was interested in seeing, until my first viewing -- my first memorable theater experience for SW. It was so fresh and engaging, and Rey quickly became a favorite character. I got two more theater viewings, revisited the other films, started watching Rebels, and joined these boards (and have now started buying the visual dictionaries).

4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The PT. I think they have the best visuals, the general aesthetic is right up my alley, it has the most interesting story, and the subtle depths keep giving me more to think about.

TCW comes a close second, given how it hues very close to the PT design ethic of bright colours masking darker themes, and interweaves it plotlines so perfectly.

5. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    Clone wars was what I grew up with....Came at a perfect time in my youth right as I was breaking the gap between child and becoming a teenager.
    Clone Wars shaped my influence on characters overall. It made my perception of the PT better and helped shape the OT for me. And the best characters imao.
    None of the movies overall come in a close second.

darkspine10 likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Originals. They are the basis and the cornerstone of everything Star Wars.

I’d say my order of preference among the ones you listed would be:

1. OT
    2. Anthologies, specifically Rogue One
    3. TCW
    4. Rebels
    5. PT
    6. ST

Lt. Hija likes this.
  8. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    PT. Changed the way I view the series. I used to like Star Wars mostly for the heroic action, but to steal a phrase SF critic John Clute once used to describe Lord of the Rings (books not movies), what stuck with me most about the PT was its frequent sense of "mesmerizing melancholia." Just struck a chord with me. The cinematic realization of Anakin's Jedi dream leading him to a lonely, confused life in the labyrinthine center of the galaxy made for a set of films unlike anything I'd ever really expected, not just in SW but the action SF genre as a whole.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    1. TCW/Rebels/Other animated series
    2. PT/OT
    3. ST/Anthologies/Other live action series

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Snafu55 likes this.
  10. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    My favorite part of SW is the OT and that's unlikely to change. The rest would probably go something like:
    ST
    TCW
    Anthologies
    PT
    Rebels

11. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    The bit in the middle.

Avnar likes this.
  12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    The OT + RO! Just way better chemistry with the cast and the lived in look of the films...
    The ST is a really good effort so far... A bit I would change here and there...
    The PT I would literally change everything bar 1 or 2 things! Never made peace with these films...

Sarge and Snafu55 like this.
  13. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    The OT easily! I'm also really enjoying the ST thus far, but Star Wars could have been just the OT and I think I would have been fine. Don't really care about the PT, a bit iffy on the anthologies right now (I thought Rogue One was just fine), and I was into the cartoons until Rebels became obsessed with shoving as many random TCW characters into every episode.

14. Lukers

Lukers Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2016
    I can't really vote for the Sequel Trilogy for sure until they release the last movie. I think there is potential for the trilogy to have the strongest closer of the rest of the saga thus far - as Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith, though I like them, have too many flaws to be considered top tier for me. As of now, however, I would have to vote for the Original Trilogy but I am incredibly impressed with the great work they have done with The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  15. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The PT, no question. Lucas' life achievement, a pinnacle of SW and movie art in general (visuals, story, music), a set of movies that you learn something new about every time you see them.
    I love Rogue One also, it's the closest Disney era got to the PT quality wise.

16. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I voted for the Original Trilogy. However the Anthologies and Sequel Trilogy are awesome.

I blocked the PT from mind, what is it?

Avnar likes this.
  17. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Either OT or PT, I'm loving them both at the same time since they are apart of each other very closely.

Technically the ST would be there to but it's rather a reverb than a reversal.

18. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Most definitely the OT. I grew up with them, watched them over and over for years because I loved the story. I loved Leia.
    PT would be a close second
    Anthologies so far
    TCW
    Rebels
    ST

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's virtually a tie between the OT and PT. I grew up with the OT (and liked it a lot) but the PT is what made me a fan of the series.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    OT
    R1&ST

PT&CW
    I've never watched Rebels.

21. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    If the Prequel "era" was an option, that's what I'd go with, but it's Prequel Trilogy for me. The aesthetics, visuals, story, music, and world-building are still the best of the series. Without the PT, the Star Wars universe would be so much smaller.

1. PT
    2. TCW
    3. OT
    4. Rogue One / Rebels
    5. ST

Visivious Drakarn likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Original since it started it all.

23. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    The interaction between the fans and detractors of the PT, OT, and ST. Also enjoy the EU and Legends wars. :p

24. StarGuppy

StarGuppy Jedi Padawan

Jul 27, 2017
    The original is my favorite. It's perfect, that's all.
    The Prequels are a beautiful and fascinating look at another part of Star Wars only hinted at previously.
    The Clone Wars introduced Ahsoka. What more do ya need to know?
    Rogue One is the only anthology at this writing, and it did have some inspiring scenes with Tarkin, Vader and Leia, so that gives it special perks.
    Star Wars Rebels is nice because they used more of John Williams' themes, and it had a few glimpses of classic characters. But Disney's machine is showing its generic side in many of the new characters and storylines. Still fun though.
    The Sequel movies, if you want to call them that, are the lowest form of Bantha poodoo. They shouldn't even be on the list.

25. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    If there's one specific surface element of Star Wars I love most, it's the lightsaber duels. Those more than anything else infuse the saga with its mythic kick.