main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite Scene In Each Indy Movie?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Darkslayer, Nov 12, 2015.

1. drewbacca11

drewbacca11 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2016
    Raiders: truck chase scene.

Temple: "You cheat, Dr. Jones! You cheat!"

Crusade: "How did you know she was a Nazi?"
    "She talksh in her shleep."
    Or
    "It's disgraceful. You're old enough to be her grandfather."
    "I'm as human as the next man."
    "I WAS the next man."

Kingdom: "Why the hell didn't you make him finish school?!"

CaptainRegor and Seagoat like this.
  2. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I can't pick one from every movie right now, but Indy meeting Hitler always cracks me up! [face_laugh]

Sarge likes this.
  3. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Just one from each movie? This is hard. I will just post the funny ones.
    Raiders: Bringing a sword to a gunfight.
    Doom: Indy cutting the bridge.
    Crusades: Jones Sr. shooting the tail of their plane and blaming it on the Nazi's.
    Skulls: The fridge shelter.

4. zisme

zisme Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2016
    Raiders: "Whiskey..."
    [​IMG]

Doom: "Indy, let's get out of here" - "Right, all of us..."
    [​IMG]

Crusade: "Our situation has not improved"
    [​IMG]

Skull: "I like Ike"
    [​IMG]

CaptainRegor likes this.
  5. NightWalker1138

NightWalker1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    It's hard for the fans to choose a little moment for each film. I don't know. Maybe I'm going to try something little different. It's the little details which gains me sometimes. The little touches which give magic to the movie in a little second. Here we go!

Raiders of the Lost Ark:
    Marion at the end of the movie, trying to cheer Indy up. The smile of Karen Allen, the dialogue and the little touches make me think: "OK, the US army have deceit us, Indy. They may keep the Ark for themselves. You will never see this mythic artifact again (although if he had stared back in the persecution of Kingdom of Crystal Skull... XD)... Buy we have gained a very good companion after all. Everything isn't lost". There is a feeling of bitter hope in that end, contrary feelings which say to us that maybe the most important thing isn't the Ark (even more if you think in the posterior KOCS).

The Temple of Doom:
    I don't know why, but I absolutely love that moment between Willie and Indy:

Willie: You're gonna get killed chasing after your damn fortune and glory!
    Indiana: Maybe. But not today. ...
    And he kisses her.

I don't know. Maybe it's the unexpected kiss (for Willie) remember me to a classic kisses scenes of the old cinema. Maybe it's the reliability of Indy in himself. Maybe it's the little hope that raises in this moment. I love it!

The Last Crusade:
    My favorite film of the saga (which is filled with little touches like that I love, and little moments which always cheer me up). But I have to choose one... then, I will tray to choose wisely XD.

And I choose the moment when Henry Sr. calls "Indiana" to his son. It's the climax of their relation in that movie, is the moment when they understand each other. Indy has saved his father, he has risked his life for him. And Henry has seen things in his son he hadn't seen before. They are now connected, they have forgotten each other, they are in a new section of the way on their lives. And it's a beautiful moment when Henry catch the hand of his son and stops to call him "Junior". It's a emotive moment where you see Henry is really worried about Indy and Indy understand his father wanted him to be safe.

Kingdom of Crystal Skull:
    I think one of my favorite little touch of the film is this phrase:
    "We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away. "
    It's a phrase which marks perfectly the pass of time and how the world of Indy has changed to our hero.

Sarge likes this.
  6. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Oooohh, this is gonna be difficult I love all of them. Okay, here are some favourite scenes:

Raiders:
    The sunset shot of them digging after the ark is beautiful
    Doom:
    "He no nuts, he's crazy!" aka cutting the bridge scene at the end.
    Crusade:
    The ending is beautiful and fun. "We named the dog Indiana"
    Skull:
    Indy's introduction is so cool. Just looks so awesome with the shadow taking the hat. Also fun banter! "I am still young!"

7. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    So hard to pick just one, especially from Raiders.

Raiders - Desert chase, simply one of the best action sequences ever put together IMO. Not just the incredible stunt work and action but also a fantastic score to boot. I nearly went for the opening temple scene as its such an iconic introduction to the character and the franchise as a whole. The map room too is another favourite with its sort of biblical epic quality.

Temple - Temple ceremony and the intro to Mola Ram. I found this creepy when I saw this as a youngster. I like the music with it and Mola Ram makes for a good villain too. What an introduction.

Last Crusade - The end temple sequence. Something thats synonymous with Indiana Jones is temples and trials and whilst theres a lot of great things in this film, I like the symbolism of Indy finding his own grail in his father at the end that adds something extra to this.

Crystal Skull - Campus bike chase, theres not a lot thats memorable for me in this film.

8. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001

KOTCS: The quicksand pit scene(I can't find it on YouTube).

9. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    "JOCK! START THE ENGINES!!"
    A cobweb and dust-adorned Indy appearing at the crest of the hill with the natives in hot pursuit. Brilliant.

Temple of Doom
    "You want the stones? Let her go!"
    That whole bridge scene shot on grainy film is like the epitome of the old-fashioned Hollywood action movie

Last Crusade
    "I think they're trying to kill us!"
    "I know dad!!"
    "Well it's a new experience for me"
    <Pulls down fedora> "Happens to me all the time!"

Crystal Skull
    "Dance on your own dime will ya!?"

10. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    Funniest moment is in Last Crusade when Indy and father are in the highway beach tunnel and the airplane pilot his plane on fire and sliding past Indy and Pa. They all stare at each other.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  11. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    Raiders: When Indie is packing his suitcase and talking to Marcus (Its almost all one shot). Brilliantly subtle.
    Temple: All of the opening nightclub bit.
    Crusade: When Henry finds the secret passage button and Indy falls down the stairs. Love it.
    Kingdom: The diner scene is ace. Again, a oner.

12. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Temple of Doom: The Club Obi-Wan sequence

Raiders of the Lost Ark: Indy chasing down the baskets to try and find Marion

Last Crusade: Henry disabling the Messerschmitt plane using the pigeons

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: The collapse of the Akator temple

13. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    In order by the year set of the movie.

TOD. "We are going to DIE:(!" Terrible yet funny at the same time. When I was younger it was when Indy "grabbed" the
    statue the opened the secret passage.

ROTLA. Indy shoots the cairo swordsman. Hahahaha.

TLC. "I should of gave it to the Marx Brothers!"

KOTCS. WATERFALL!!!!!!!!!

14. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Raiders: Desert Chase
    Temple of Doom: Freeing the kids and fighting the giant temple guard
    LAst Crusade: The 3 traps in the temple
    KOTCS: The Area 51 segment.

15. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Oooh, this is a toughie since I adore all three of those I have seen. (Never got around to seeing Temple of Doom, my mother hates that movie with a vengeance -thought it was far to violent for the series- and she gets it confused with Crystal Skull).
    Raiders: Opening sequence and the opening of the Ark, Indy and Marcus talking to the Feds about find the Ark
    Crusade: Castle Scenes, Indy Sr. chasing the birds and the motorcycle chase
    Cystal Skull: the Wedding!

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Raiders: last shot of the warehouse
    Temple: travel scene on the elephants
    Crusade: Indy joining the others after they think he went down with the tank
    Skull: Indy stepping up to see the ship while the others duck for cover

17. Ord Sorrell

Ord Sorrell Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2016
    Raiders and Temple as so close for me, I constantly list one over the other, and then the other over the one as my favorite, on different days...

But one thing remains the same... My favorite scene has always been Indy running from the large stone ball in the first movie Raders...after barely escaping he runs into Belloq who then takes the golden head from him...

For me this is one of the most classic action scenes in cinematic history...

Nehru_Amidala and Sarge like this.