main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Favorite Scene in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Force Smuggler, May 24, 2018.

1. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Lando’s shirt! Thank you! They need to mass produce and sell those bad boys

2. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Spoilers -

Darth Maul!!!
    Sabaac

3. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I want to hear Lando's Chronicles. In an audiobook format.

4. JediRunner

JediRunner Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    When Han gets to fly the Millennium Falcon for the first time. His maneuver with the landing gear :falcon:

Akane and wobbits like this.
  5. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Maul.

And that ground battle where Solo meets Beckett and Val for the first time. It reminded me of the Geonosis battle in AOTC

6. JFettG

JFettG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    His bluff backfiring with Enfys Nest was an amazing scene and Alden really showed off the spirit of Han.
    Chewie getting into the co-pilot seat for the first time.
    Han's reaction to the Falcon's jump to hyperspace.
    Maul
    Han and Chewie confronting Lando at the end.
    Han shooting first.

7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Next time you better check if they are putting something in your pop corn.

8. Dukeleto69

Dukeleto69 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2017
    When the gun on the millennium falcon get crunched and Beckett says "my thumbs hurt" made me LOL. In my mind that is a comment on too much video games.

TOASTEROVEN, Sarge and Darth Smurf like this.
  9. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    The look on Han's face as he steps into the Falcon's cockpit for the first time. Just before he tells Lando that his dad built them.

Twain and themoth like this.
  10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I had a big dumb grin at the scene where the Star Destroyer showed up, alongside a glorious quote of the imperial them from ANH. Just a powerful combo of shot and music. I couldn't help but hum along in that scene. ;)

11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The Asteroid Field theme always gets me. And it’s used twice.

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Han meeting Lando and their card game.
    Maul.
    At the end, Han shot first.

Twain likes this.
  13. Plan741

Plan741 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 22, 2015
    This one is impossible! I loved it all. I really liked the war scene with the ATST dropping down and Beckett blasting everything up. The Conveyex scene was so cool as were the swoop riders chasing it. They felt like a nod to Mad Max. The Crimson Dawn ship was super cool and the Kessel Run was thrilling.

14. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    The Kessel Run. A great scene that not only made the Falcon but showed How good a team Han and Chewie are...it also made that nebula seem like some kind of eldritch horror considering it contains crashing world, massive inhuman space beasts and gravity wells....you'd have to be a mad man to fly through that....oh...wait...

Sarge, wobbits and Giovs like this.
  15. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    The Kessel Run. I loved how there was a kind of tunnel that provided safe passage through the maelstrom, lit up by beacons along the way. That is the sort of whimsical fantasy stuff that I really love about Star Wars sometimes.

Toddy, whostheBossk, Twain and 2 others like this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I APPLAUDED IT FOR BEING DIFFERENT. IT BROKE NEW GROUND

Darth Smurf likes this.
  17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Let's leave the limited wit of RLM to Youtube comments where it belongs, shall we?

18. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Chewie's entrance was the BEST.

And Alden's portrayal of Han was spot on. I don't care what anyone says, he looks enough like Han to me that it worked beautifully.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Thank you.

20. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Not sure if this counts as a 'scene' but I really liked the tight close up when Han started firing outside the falcon, backed up the ramp while firing until he was safely inside the hallway all in one shot. It was a cool and felt almost claustrophobic and added to the sense of chaos and rushed action.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  21. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I agree with many that the Kessel run, when they started to play the Asteroid Field, was classic and gave me goosebumps.

The other scene was Han's failed bluff toward the end, with Lando taking off in the Falcon was funny. It definitely reminded me of the Han Solo, we would come to know, except his bluffing becomes more successful later.

I liked the Darth Maul reveal, since it firmly establishes him back into movie canon, although only casual fans were surprised by his appearance.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The "Kessel run" sequence lasted all of about five minutes or so, didn't it? I knew the movie was going to show it, but thought it would last longer and be a much bigger part of it. I mean jeez, like half a century later even Rey who's been isolated on Jakku has heard about it.

23. Resistance Trooper 2

Resistance Trooper 2 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 11, 2018
    Chewie saving Wookies, but then deciding to help Han and company, really pulled my heart strings. :(

24. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    "LET'S MAKE FUN OF UNORIGINALITY BY REPEATING THE SAME JOKES OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR ETERNITY" -RLM

RLM has really gone off the rails -- they're doing everything they can to pander to their core base of trolls. Otherwise, they'd have to get real jobs. Also, Rich Evans' forced laughs at Mike and Jay's bad jokes surpass Jimmy Fallon's.

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    One of the best long shots of the film, IMO. It's interesting because in the OT, we often saw Han shooting and then running into his ship, but we never followed him afterwards (because that was Luke's story). This time, we follow him. And that was a cool feeling.

They're about as funny as wet toilet paper.

wobbits likes this.