main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Favorite Scene in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Force Smuggler, May 24, 2018.

1. Dukeleto69

Dukeleto69 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2017
    He didn't actually drop it, he more aggresively slammed it down on a shelf...which is very Han. He was frustrated at not getting what he actually really wanted and wasn't going to be delayed in getting that kiss. Sure there is something similar with Leia but can't think at moment!

Revanfan1 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    L3 starting the riot and the Kessel Run were my favourite scenes. Han and Lando's infamous rematch also brought a smile to my face though.

3. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Enfys Nest reveal - Enfys is this sort of light side character who just emanates light and she is a just warrior kind of character as well (a very Star Wars sort of character). I'd be quite interested in seeing more Enfys. I've been waffling a bit on this but waffling is my way and it seems to be settling on the side of "yes" rather than apathy. I would find Enfys more interesting if she remains only loosely connected with the Rebellion, but is also not an extremist in the particular way Saw is. I see her as very independent and autonomy is central to who she is IMO. There is something rather extreme about Enfys, but there is no hate behind it, no brokenness, etc. She is a whole person, and is almost kind of Jedi-like even though she does things that would break the Jedi code. Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I think there's a lot to explore with this character.

End Qi'ra scenes as where Qi'ra stands with things is rather complex and wasn't fully shown until the end. She has a love for good people and no desire to block Han or Enfys in their aims. She protects good people, in a way. She is moved by things that are heartfelt and good. But she also has her survivor mentality and a foot in two worlds, in a way. In her imagination, she sees freedom and ideals, and Han is almost like a character in her imagination, the symbol of freedom and everything she loves (the symbol of her spirit that wants to fly free). But the other world is dark, and involves this struggle to not only stay in the game but rise in the game (one can't be stagnant and survive). I felt like all of these aspects of the character came to a nice head at the end of the movie. I can't give a particular scene at this point as my mind has blurred some things together into some sort of gestalt.

Han meeting Chewie - Chewie is interesting in this movie and it's kind of the first time I've seen him as primarily this sort of warrior, and I found that really interesting. The movie definitely enhanced my interest in Chewie.

4. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    DP

Oh I forgot, I loved the scene in which Qi'ra and L3 are having their "girl talk" about the men in love with them. haha

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Train Heist for sure. Especially when the Cloud Riders arrived.

A three way fight between Imperials, Rebels, and Beckett's gang was badass and I liked how Han's first involvement with the Empire was as an ally on Mimban, and his first involvement with the Rebellion was as an enemy.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  6. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Everything in Corellia
    Han and Chewie's first meeting
    Rio, Beckett, Val, Han and Chewie by the fire
    Kessel Run
    Everything with an unmasked Enfys Nest
    Han and Qi'ra in the closet because hot

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Mr. Forest likes this.
  7. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    My favorite funny and silly scene was when Han and chewie in the shower together.[face_laugh]8-}

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    1. Any scene with L3 in it, especially “Get your ass out of my chair” and the droid rebellion, especially “Exercise some free will!” I even liked her death scene for its ability to break my heart.

2. Enfy’s Nest unmasking and explaining what she is fighting for.

3. The sabacc rematch, especially the priceless expression on Lando’s face when Han won.

4. The Kessel Run, for the way it gives new meaning to Han’s opening conversation with Obi-Wan in A New Hope.

9. SunStar

SunStar Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    The first time I saw the film I didn't catch on that Enfys Nest was involved in the train heist. I really enjoyed the film the second time knowing that was her in the acrobatic fight scenes on the train. Loved her character.

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    After watching the movie for a second time, I think my absolute favorite moment is when the Falcon first jumps to lightspeed. I love how it starts off as the classic Falcon cockpit hyperspace jump shot, but then the camera pushes in and pans over to a close-up of Han's face in profile, and he looks like he just fell in love. It's a brilliant shot.

After that, it's probably the first time Chewie takes a seat in the co-pilot chair, and then the Maul appearance.
    Oh, and both Sabacc scenes. And the scene when Lando records his adventures.

There are just so many great moments in this film.

11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'll have to see it a couple more times but so far I thought the best scenes were:
    - the Maw/black hole
    - the final Sabacc game where Han wins the MF
    - Enfys Nest revealing herself
    - pretty much everything L3 says.

Bonus points for the Maul reveal, which was a genuine surprise. A surprise, to be sure, but a pleasant one.

Ody_Mandrell and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  12. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Unfortunately, the Lando novels by L. Neil Smith aren't available on audio...but they should be.

Shaak Ti and Ricardo Funes like this.
  13. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    Was Lando actually narrating those novels? Does that mean that those novels exist in-universe, and consist of Lando talking about himself in a self-aggrandizing way? [face_thinking]

Shaak Ti and Taylore like this.
  14. NoSuchThingAsLuck

NoSuchThingAsLuck Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2014
    The design was fine. But the voice... uh no. Sounded like the blob secretary from Monster's Inc. And I loved that scene. Just not the voice.

eko32eko7 likes this.
  15. NoSuchThingAsLuck

NoSuchThingAsLuck Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2014
    God, the music playing when Nest made her last appearance (before unmasking) when they were all lined up. Classic. Classic. Classic.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  16. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    That voice belongs to Linda Hunt... she's screen royalty.

TOASTEROVEN likes this.
  17. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    No, they feature third-person narration. While there are differences from "Solo" (different droid co-pilot, one big difference in Sabaac), they're well-worth reading. And I'm surprised that, so far as I know, no one has expanded Rokur Gepta's story.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  18. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    I'm not sure I have a favorite single scene, but several scenes had me smiling. Like Han & Chewie in the pilot & co-pilot seats for the first time.

whostheBossk and TOASTEROVEN like this.
  19. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    I enjoyed the chaos of the Kessel scene, especially the Wookiees being liberated, L3's droid revolution and Lando dictating his adventures, all at the same time.

But so many others as well, such as the first one in Lady Proxima's lair, with the weird lighting, and the 'campfire scene' before the train heist.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    TOASTEROVEN and SunStar like this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I think my favorite part of the Kessel Run is actually the palette they chose for it. It was kinda beautiful.

Toddy, themoth, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  21. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    Han shoots first!!! Mini epiphany there.... just can't believe that I didn't' see it coming. And to top it all Becket's shot down with his own beloved blaster!

22. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Mimban. Me likey.

Some of the best visuals in the movie are packed into those war scenes.

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    For me it was finding out why the Falcon has the most peculiar dialect :) But over all, it was a fun movie.

24. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    The smooth and spot-on introduction of Lando:

"How was I supposed to know she was an Imperial spy? I thought she loved me." <Everyone laughs>

That entire scene around the card table for the first Sabacc game is sublime. The diverse crew of characters, the color, the back-and-forth banter...it all just gives the movie an incredible environment for this story. And Glover gives his best Lando in this scene. The rest of the movie really blasts off from there.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The dark lighting worked a treat here, being in a pitch black void with barely any lighting except for the ship. It also showed just how small the Falcon was against the creature. It was done artfully.

Grey Matter and TOASTEROVEN like this.