main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Favorite Scene in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Force Smuggler, May 24, 2018.

1. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    My favorite scene was when you first found out that the monster was Chewie!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Upon second viewing, I found some more "favorite scenes" (I can't only pick one).

- Han and Chewie showering together (the lovvvvve)
    - Enfys' frustration with Beckett and his group. When she arrives at the refinery station she immediately calls Beckett out. She knows who he is and she is a bit angry at him and frustrated. I think it's because she doesn't want to have to fight him at every turn and force him to comply, it's been a lot of hard work with a lot of losses. After she removes her helmet, she says, "I need a drink." I loved that moment. (Also I noticed the obvious this time that she knows who Beckett has been working for and sees him as this misguided person on the wrong side who stubbornly refuses to get on the right side.)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Toddy likes this.
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I know it dragged for some people, but I actually really liked the whole opening sequence.

But my favorite scene is a toss up between Han and Lando’s first sabacc game, and the Kessel run.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Kessel run and the second sabacc game at the end.

5. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Not a scene, but I like the color palettes throughout the film.

Toddy and TOASTEROVEN like this.
  6. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    The "trench" scene after Solo's CO has bit the bullet and Beckett asks who's the highest ranking officer around, which turns out to be him.

7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I'm probably late to the party on this one but on my last viewing I realised that after Enfys Nest recounts the story of the crooks who cut out the tongues of their victims she asks an old woman to tell Han etc the name of that organisation. Rather than speak she paints the symbol of Crimson Dawn in the dust. Presumably bcs of her lack of a tongue. Thought it was a great little scene.

8. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    The whole switcheroo that Han engineered and Enfys and the Cloud Riders leaping down and taking out Vos' guys. That was great.

Pretty much every scene of Han and Chewie and Han and Lando bantering back and forth was entertaining.

So yeah, that was much of the movie ha.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    whostheBossk and Kenneth Morgan like this.
  9. WookieeShampoo

WookieeShampoo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    -The stand off with Nest
    -Most of the train heist
    -Han & Qu`ira in the space port
    -The party with the singer dressed in gold
    -The Kessel heist

Rodie and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Qira: What should we drink to?

Han: (smirking) Well, let's drink two and see where it goes.

Shaak Ti, wobbits and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Possibly my #1 scene cut in all Star Wars: "We'll have you flying in no time." <insert three years later here> Han is Flying, and not in the way he intended. I'm probably simple.

I gravitate towards highly kinetic, highly acoustic duels. Where the stunts achieve visceral vicariousness. To be distinguished from ceremonial, perfunctory, ornamental duels which is how I look at Anakin vs Dooku. TPM Maul vs Obi-Wan is the most kinetic and most acoustic, followed now by Enfys Nest vs Becket and Qira vs Han and Dryden.

The subtext in the interaction between Qira and L3 was a new level for Star Wars. Enjoyed it.

The time Han and Lando had in the cockpit. Lando said his mother was the most amazing woman he ever knew or something. Contrasts to the present/absent father that left at least a legacy of some identity.

The moment where Becket says, "Han get us out of here," but Han waits for Lando's nod of permission. That moment earned the fanfare that accompanied it.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  12. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    For me, it's not a scene or moment, it's that they left the door open for a sequel of Han smuggling for Jabba. I think it would be awesome to kind of fill in some of the gaps of how Han became the best smuggler in the GFFA.

As far as a moment in the movie, I think it would have to be the first sabacc game. It really felt like a glimpse back in time at a young Han and Lando.

Rodie, Twain, Shaak Ti and 1 other person like this.
  13. TOASTEROVEN

TOASTEROVEN Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    Saw it for the second time today. In the scene department, I appreciated the chase through Corellia more this time because hadn't actually noticed all the Imperial fleet equipment they were speeding through. One reason I was keen to see it again was because of the overabundance of hardware, robots, vehicles and architecture that I had to absorb with all of their references to things I'd seen before. (Like, "Hey, that looks like the nose on Slave I." Actually, I kept thinking I saw design references to Boba Fett everywhere. I assumed it's foreshadowing.) Is there a separate thread here for just the production design aspects?

The revolt on Kessel was a favorite of mine for that reason. I liked the droids in their great variety, with designs that looked new but were made up of familiar elements.

In terms of just a particular moment, when she says "I might be the only person who knows what you really are," and before he replies, he laughs uncomfortably and says "What's that?" That discomfort there, the dread at knowing that somebody might know something that is at odds with the image he wants to project (and the chance that it's going to be correct); that, for me, is a big chunk of Han Solo.

Toddy, jc1138, wobbits and 2 others like this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. I love the quick shot of the TIEs "on shelves" in that TIE factory Han speeds through on Corellia.

wobbits and TOASTEROVEN like this.
  15. Jedi of Baker Street

Jedi of Baker Street Jedi Master star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    I loved that moment too, where he's all cool as he asks "What's that"? but really you can see he is quite insecure about what the answer will be. I loved that scene and it has stuck with me. I thought it was played really well - actually I just love this whole movie. I have only seen it once but going to see it again later this week and can't WAIT!

Toddy, wobbits, Shaak Ti and 4 others like this.
  16. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Loved the film!! It will go down as the most underrated Star Wars film possibly. Favorite parts would be Alden, Emily and Donalds performance was outstanding, Chewbacca stole the show, finding out everything we wanted going in such as how Han met Chewy, Sabacc game & how Falcon was won, Kessel run, and how Han got into this life, finally seeing Mimban- a place some read about in 1978 (Splinter of the Minds Eye) and I can only imagine what those first readers felt as I am still reading the book currently. Spice mines of Kessel was great and one of the best parts with the aliens/robots/Kessel guards, and seeing the Falcon in action with the classic John Williams score tied in!! The end was great although I would've preferred Boba or Jabba as the leader of Concord Dawn. Can't wait to go again before it's run ends.

Toddy, wobbits, Siphonophore and 2 others like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You forgot Val mentioning Bossk. :)

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Ah yes of course that was awesome! Thanks! Now hopefully to see Bossk as well as Boba, IG-88, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, and Dengar all in action soon!

Siphonophore and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Makes perfect sense for them to compete with boba in the next film

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Indeed! Give us one great Solo sequel (I like that better than a trilogy) showing Han's first gig for Jabba. Bring back Lando at the end (with Lobot)... It would be great to have Fett in a couple scenes, too, and just some new cool Bounty Hunters in general. They could really build up that there's some kind of rivalry between Boba and Han. And leave a twist at the end where Han really leaves Lando in the lurch (making it al the more awkward when Han seeks Lando's help in ESB)...

Maybe we see some of the people Han and Rey list off in TFA as having stolen the Falcon from him...

Of course, they'd need to close the book on Qui'ra, so I guess Han may have to let her die in some situation if she's gone totally dark.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    TOASTEROVEN, Sarge and Darth Smurf like this.
  21. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    -Corellia chase.
    -Han in the war.
    -The party. (The entrance, Han & Qi'ra's reunion, and discussing the job with Dryden)
    -Lando and Han's first meeting.
    -Han in the Falcon's cockpit for the first time, smiling.
    -The end of the Kessel heist with Han & Lando brandishing their blasters, side by side.
    -Maul reveal.

whostheBossk and TCF-1138 like this.
  22. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    -Han meeting Chewie
    -Kessel run
    -Standoff with Enfys Nest
    -Han shoots Beckett

B99 likes this.
  23. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    There were so many great scenes, especially from a “world building” perspective. Corellia and Mimban were awesome for showing the nastier sides of the GFFA and the Sabacc game was cool as hell.

But I think my favorite scene was the final confrontation between Han and Beckett. I wasn’t expecting the film to achieve a really dramatic moment like that, one they were building towards from the beginning, and it was surprisingly moving. That they were able to tie in a classic element of the Han Solo mythos (he shoots first) was just icing on the cake.

These are all great ideas, and don't forget Greedo!

Toddy, whostheBossk and Sarge like this.
  24. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Too many to choose from. I particularly loved seeing the spice mines of Kessel and the trenches of the Mimban war zone. I loved the "pit" scenes of Han meeting Chewbacca. I thought that was really well done. I loved all of the characters and their interactions.

But if I had to narrow it down to one, then for me its the group of scenes involving the train heist. A train that goes on some weird angles, troopers (new type unseen before) with magnetic boots, probe droid-like robots assigned to defend an Imperial facility, a "haulage" spacecraft that looks really different to others and then Enfys and her Cloud Rider gang on their speeder bikes. Minus any lightsabers or Force Sensitive beings, this is as "Star Wars" as you can get and everything about those scenes did not evoke any thoughts in me such as "well thats abit too Earth-like". I felt like I was on a different planet and in a GFFA.

Toddy and whostheBossk like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The train heist was a marvel of cinema. Such an inventive action scene. It’s the kind of thing that people used to say “that’s why I go to the cinema” about. Nowadays, though, it’s the kind of thing that elicits a cynical “meh” from critics. Ah well. Can’t wait for the Blu-ray.

Toddy, Revanfan1 and Giovs like this.