main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Favorite Scenes... (copy)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Author Topic: Favorite Scenes...
    maveric
    Jedi Knight posted 08-02-2000 12:56 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is one of those "getting to know you" threads.
    What are your favorite scene in each movie? Here's mine:

ANH: The scene on Tatooine with the dual sunset. Something about the musig and the moment, I can almost feel what he is thinking.

ESB: Just before Han frozen, Chewie goes on a rampage. It really chow the bond between the two.

ROTJ: When the Emperor is tauning Luke..."You want this, don't you?" and "So be it...Jedi"

TPM: The scene where the force fields separate Qui-Gon, Maul, and Obi-Wan. You can really tell the difference between the 3 characters...young padawan, the focused master, and the trained killer. You can just feel the hate pouring off of Maul.

Post your replies!

------------------
    Joshua Gregory
    Ambassador for the South Bend, IN Forum
    MTFBWYA!

IP: Logged

Empyre
    Jedi Knight posted 08-07-2000 11:30 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree with you about all except for Empire. My favorite scene there is when Han slices open the Tauntaun(sp?).
    "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."

Empyre
    Jedi Knight posted 08-07-2000 11:31 AM
    I agree with you about all except for Empire. My favorite scene there is when Han slices open the Tauntaun(sp?).
    "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."

Empyre
    Jedi Knight posted 08-07-2000 11:33 AM
    Stupid browser.

JediJeff
    Jedi Knight posted 08-07-2000 06:44 PM
    ANH: When the Falcon comes racing back in to take out the fighters for Luke. The starlight blazing from behind it - really cool.
    ESB: Probably each time Han throws the hyperdrive lever and nothing happens. Just the look on his and other's faces. They're moments from be space dust, and they still have a second or too for disgust or surprise before panicing

ROTJ: The Emperor's line "Oh, I'm afraid the shields will be quite operational when your friends arrive." You know that it's a huge trap. Now, how will the Rebels save their butts???

------------------
    JediJeff
    "Boring conversation anyway"

2. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    ANH: in the cantina, the brief confrontation between Dr. Evazan and Ben Kenobi... and then Ben is standing there, with a hush over the entire place....

....and then everyone shrugs and goes back to their own stuff.

ESB: tough call... just about any scene with General Veers in it is cool, simply because he's so smug, even Vader doesn't really faze him....

ROTJ: "Han!" "Luke! Together again!" "Wouldn't miss it!" "How we doing?" "Same as always." "That bad, huh?"

Also, any scene with Wedge in it is cool, too.

TPM: the approach to Otoh Gunga

Of course, these are only present opinions and are subject to change upon later viewings....

Thom

3. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    ANH: Gotta go with the "Twin Suns setting" scene as well, the force theme is my favorite piece of music, I just wish there was a song with only the theme, but unfortunatly there are only a few pronouncements of it. (For a beautiful version, check out the special edition CD of ROTJ, there are two versions of the Force theme that Lucas was thinking of using for the burning of Vader's armor, the one he used which was so-so, and the one he didn't, which is fantastic!)

ESB: so many, so hard to choose from. it wound up as a tie. Han and Leia "I love you." "I know." (also because of the music) and also Yoda lifting Luke's X-wing from the swamp. (mainly cause I love Yoda) "I don't...I don't beleive it." "That is why you fail"

ROTJ: a three-way tie, that moment as Anakin is deciding whether or not to save his son, the death of Yoda, and Wedge and Lando in the dogfight. (Wish we could've seen Janson and Tycho and Hobbie too, sigh)

TPM: after the cut from the Queen's assault on the palace, the first time we see Maul, Obi-wan and Qui-gon fighting above the chasm, in among the energy beams, with that stirring pronouncement of Duel of the Fates.

that's about it

4. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    ANH: It has to be when you first see Vader. You can just tell he is pure evil.

ESB: I agree with JediJeff. When Han throws the hyperdrive lever and nothing happens. It reminds me of my computer.

ROTJ: When Vader saves Luke. It just goes to show that people can change. If someone does something wrong in the past doesn't mean they will do it in the present or the future.

5. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Yes! I love the first appearance of Vader as well. It's awesome how everything else is white exept Vader!

6. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    One other seen that I love is on Cloud City when the doors open to reveal Vader and Boba Fett. "We would be honored..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.