main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite SciFi/Fantasy Movie or Television Quote

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    [face_laugh]

2. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    "Ninety years ago, I was a freak. Today, I'm an amateur."- J.L. Stevenson (a.k.a. Jack the Ripper), Time After Time

"No, I've never faced death; not like this. I've cheated death. I've tricked my way out of death, and patted myself on the back for my ingenuity. I know nothing."- James T. Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

"You will do as the Doctor instructs, or I will cut out your heart!"- Leela, Doctor Who: Horror of Fang Rock

"Ah, what a fine day for science!"-Dexter, Dexter's Laboratory

John Koenig:(toasting) "To everything that might've been."
    Victor Bergman:(toasting) "To everything that was."
    -Space: 1999-Black Sun

"The weed of Crime bears bitter fruit."- The Shadow, The Shadow

"What good is a reward if you ain't around to use it?"- Han Solo, Star Wars: ANH

"WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!"- Joel Robinson, MST3K

3. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    " Whos laughing now?!?!" - Evil Dead 2

4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    The line so classic that all know of what I speak:

KHAAAAAAN!!!!!!!

5. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Stargate Sg-1

Jack O'Neill: What now?
    Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do combat in a ring of Jell-O.
    Jack O'Neill: [tosses Teal'c a cell phone as they head to the truck] Call Daniel.

[Teal'C and Jack are repeating the same day and only they remember it. They decide to play golf into an active Stargate wormhole]
    Jack O'Neill: How far away is this planet?
    Teal'c: Several hundred light-years.
    Jack O'Neill: That's gotta be a record.
    [Jack golfs again]
    General George S. Hammond: [They golf again later, and Hammond catches them] Jack, what the hell are you doing?
    Jack O'Neill: [Jack screws up his golf swing] In the middle of my BACKSWING!

Jack O'Neill: I remembered something. There's a man. He is bald and wears a short sleeve shirt. And somehow, he is important to me... I think his name is... Homer.

6. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    That "Groundhog Day" episode was frakkin' hilarious!

7. EDKRIEG

EDKRIEG Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    I am surprised no one -unless I missed it said this from The Princess Bride:"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya.You killed my Father.Prepare to die." Dr Strangelove-The President to the General and Soviet Ambassador fighting:You can't fight in here.It is the War Room.

8. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Some of my favorites from the X-Files...

Morris: Fox Mulder pissed away a brilliant career, lost the respect of supervisors and friends and now lives his life shaking his fist at the sky and muttering about conspiracies to anyone who will listen. If you ask me, he's one step away from pushing a baby carriage filled with tin cans down the street.

JoAnne Fletcher: I've heard enough from you for one lifetime, Morris. Go tell it to that tramp of yours, that Scully, what's-her-name.
    Mulder (In Morris' body): Dana Scully - Special Agent Dana Scully.
    JoAnne Fletcher:
    Special Tramp Dana Scully!

Scully: Any thoughts as to why people would be growing corn in the middle of the desert?
    Mulder: These could be giant Jiffy Pop poppers.

Skinner: Use your head, Scully. It'll save your ass.
    Scully: Save your own ass, sir. You'll save your head along with it.

Scully: Mulder, toads just fell from the sky.
    Mulder: I guess their parachutes didn't open.

Colton: Does this look like the work of little green men?
    Mulder: Grey.
    Colton: Excuse me?
    Mulder: Grey. You said green men. A Reticulan's skin tone is actually grey. They're notorious for their extraction of human livers.
    Colton: You can't be serious.
    Mulder: Do you have any idea what liver and onions go for on Reticula? Excuse me.

Scully: Why would I accept defeat? Why would I accept it, if you won't? Mulder, you say that you've failed, but you only fail if you give up. And I know you - you can't give up. It's what I saw in you when we first met. It's what made me follow you... why I'd do it all over again.

Scully: Hello, Mulder? Can you hear me? I'm at the hotel. Where are you? What do you mean, "What hotel? Las Vegas. I'm in Las Vegas, aren't you? You called me. What do you mean you didn't call me? Oh, man, I'm going to kick their asses.

Scully: The year 2000 is just their artificial deadline. Besides, 2001 is actually the start of the new millennium.
    Mulder: Nobody likes a math geek, Scully.

The Cigarette Smoking Man (to Mulder): Don't be so dramatic. Only part of you is dying. The part that played the hero. You've suffered enough - for the X-Files, for your partner, for the world. You're not Christ, you're not Prince Hamlet - you're not even Ralph Nader!

Scully: I called him Ahab and he called me Starbuck. So I named my dog Queequeg. It's funny, I just realised something.
    Mulder: It's a bizarre name for a dog, huh?
    Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.
    Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Mulder: Dana? If... early in the four years we've been working together... an event occurred that suggested... or somebody told you that we'd been friends together... in other lifetimes. Always. Would it have changed some of the ways we looked at one another?
    Scully: Even if I knew for certain, I wouldn't change a day... Well... maybe that flukeman thing. I could have lived without that just fine.

Amanda: He dropped by my apartment one day and... one thing sort of led to another.
    Mulder: But the baby's father is an alien.
    Amanda: No, no, I didn't say he was an alien. I said he's from another planet. His name is Luke Skywalker. He's what is known as a Jedi knight.
    Scully: Did he have a lightsabre?
    Amanda: No, he didn't bring it. He did sing his song for me though. (hums SW theme)
    Scully: How many times have you seen Star Wars, Amanda?
    Amanda: 368. I should break 400 by Memorial Day.
    Scully: Okay. Thank you.
    Amanda: Oh, wait a minute. Wait. You know these... these four other babies that were... born around here with tails.
    Scully: Uh-huh.
    Amanda: There couldn't be any chance... Luke's the father, is there?

Some from Battlestar Galactica...

Six: Procreation is one of God's commandments.
    Baltar: Really? Well, I'm sure someday if you're a good Cylon, he'll reward you wi

9. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    The quotable Flash Gordon:

Klytus: No one, but no one, dies in the Imperial Court without the Emperor's command!

Ming: Pathetic Earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without any inkling of who or what is out there. If you had any idea of the truth, any idea at all, you'd have hidden from it in terror.

Dale Arden: Flash, I love you! But we only have 14 hours to save the Earth!

Prince Voltan: Hawkmen, DIIIIIIIIIIiiive!

Ming: Foolish Earthling! My life is not yours to give or take!

Whatever Flying Machine: Long live Flash. You've saved your Earth. Have a nice day!

10. Zelda_Skywalker

Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2005
    From Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban:

Harry:what's this rubbish?
    George:what's this rubbish he says
    Fred:that there is the secret to our success! George if you will-
    George:I solemly swear that I am up to no good
    Harry:messers Mooney Wormtail Padfoot and Prongs are proud to present the Marauder's Map? wait is that-it can't be-is it
    Fred:Dumbledore-
    George:in his study-
    Fred:pacing
    George:he does that alot
    Harry:so it shows everyone?
    Fred:everyone-what the're doing
    George:where their going
    Fred:every minute
    George: of everyday
    Harry:brilliant! where'd you get it?
    Fred:Filch's office of course!-First year!
    George:there are 3 secret passageways out of the castle-we'd reccomend-
    Fred and George:this one.
    Fred:The one eyed witch passageway-it leads you straight to Honeyduke's cellar. but be careful-Filch is headed this way!
    George;and Harry-remember when you get done-give it a tap and say
    Fred and George:mischeif managed-otherwise anyone can read it!

11. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    My signiture says it all.....

"trix are for kids"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.