main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga favorite star wars musical /audio cues

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darthfettus2015, Jun 10, 2021.

1. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    mine: the second ewok horn call in rotj
    but there are so many

2. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Does actual music count? There are heaps of em but here’s one for each saga movie:

Darth Maul’s cued “chanting” voices sometimes when he is onscreen.

The Geonosian with the whip (the whipping sound and his voice) when Anakin and Padme are being taken into the Geonosian arena, with Padme having just declared her love and the music swelling.

A short foreboding version of the Skywalker theme when Anakin and Mace are arguing about killing Palpatine. When Anakin says “You can’t! He must stand trial!”
    It is a clever hint that this theme will soon not apply to Anakin as he becomes Vader.

“Tweegee!”

The carbon chamber sound when Vader is talking menacingly to Luke before failing to freeze Luke in it.

Vader’s strained breathing machine sound after killing Palpatine.

The lightsaber ignition sound and Vader’s breathing when Rey touches the Skywalker saber and has her vision.

The momentary silence when Holdo light speed rams the First Order fleet.

The modified version of Kylo’s theme song when Ben Solo is running to help Rey on Exegol.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  3. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    The sound in Mandalorian season 2 when they are at the stones, and when Mandalorian look up, they see Boba Fett's ship fly over.

4. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
  5. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Jawas

The ominous Imperial interlude in ANH when the Star Destroyer approaches the Death Star the first time.

The Throne Room Rebel March

The Imperial March

The Sound of AT-ATs

The Winds on Cloud City

Jabba the Hutt's Voice

The musical crescendo when Lando escapes the DS2 and it goes pop.

The horns and low music when the Gungans assemble for battle

The Duel of Fates

The metal on metal sounds when Obi-wan and Jango fight on Kamino

Seismic Charges

The animal Obiwan rides on Utapau

When Vaders mask seals for the first time and the breathing starts

Rey's Theme

BB-8 sounds in general

All the switch and screen sounds in Rogue One

When the Holdo hits the Supremacy.

Knights of Ren's ship

The voices of the Jedi

christophero30 likes this.
  6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I really need to watch Mando. That Boba Fett clip was awesome.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  7. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    It was awesome episode. I really love shot of SLAVE 1 flying over. The special effect and light reflecting off it really does make it look as if it is a real vessel.

One of my other favourite noise is the humming on Cloud City, beneath the carbon chamber. I am sure that this is same special effect noise as in Alien.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    Jediking97 and christophero30 like this.
  8. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    For sound cues, I agree with those who noted the Seismic Charges; it's the guitar chord that will signal the Apocolypse. I'd also add the Stuka-wails of the TIEs, and the sound when the Falcon's engines don't work.
    For musical cues, the individual theme presentations on the albums I've heard are good, from "Princess Leia's Theme" to "Rey's Theme". (I still haven't listened to the TLJ and TROS soundtracks.) For the scene cues, I'm very partial to "Ben's Death and the TIE Fighter Attack" (the music from the archetypal ANH scene), "The Throne Room and End Title" (the perfect finish to ANH), "The Asteroid Field" (for decades I've played that in my mind whenever I have to move quickly through a crowd), and "Darth Vader's Death" (who'd have thought his death music would be so touching?).

christophero30 likes this.
  9. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    TIE Fighter Attack reminds me of Dark Forces, as I had to repeatedly play a level with that music.