main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite Superhero Movie!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Grand_Admiral_Grant, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    I'd say my favorite two are the X-man series. Simply because the characters in movies like the x-man (with groups rather then just one hero) are better developed. They all have their own strenghts (duh) but also a lot of flaws (take Wolverine for example). Only their cooperation and combined effort makes them save the day. Usually with movies where you'll have just one superhero, this hero usually is the perfect gentleman with just a single weakness: their humanity and compassion.

I'd probably list the very first Batman movie with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson as my third favorite, mainly due to the excellent performance by Jack Nicholson. He simply is the Joker.

2. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Batman Begins

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Superman 1 & 2, Batman, Batman Begins Punisher, X-Men 1 & 2.

I'm sure Superman Returns, Punisher 2, and X-Men 3 will find they're way onto this list.

~PK~

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I love the X-Men movies. I also liked the Tim Burton directed Batman movies.

5. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Um, most of them? :p

I dunno, I grew up on the Superman movies, so they kinda hold a near and dear place in my heart :p But I loved the X-Men movies, and I liked League of Extraordinary Gentelmen, and the Batman movies... and I just saw Fantastic Four last night and liked that too.

Meh, entirely indecisive. :p

6. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Yeah, Tim Burton contributed to the unique (dark) atmosphere of the very first batman movie. This is (besides Jack Nicholsons performance) one of the reasons why I still think it's the best of the 5 Batman movies that have been made so far.

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Spiderman. Though the casting in the movie sucks.

8. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Batman Begins.

Tim Burton... bah.

Also I think X-men 2 and Spider-man 2 are very much above the standard.

9. Obiyodawinduvader

Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Probably the X-Men. I didn't really like Spiderman, and I still haven't seen Batman Begins yet.

10. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Xmen or Spiderman...Hard to decide :D

11. captainfrosty

captainfrosty Jedi Master star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    Spiderman :D

12. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    Batman Begins, Chris Nolan is so good, and Christan Bale is perfect as Batman. It certainly the most realistic superhero movie ever, the complete opposite in every way of the Batman movie before it. Superman, Donner, was a great movie as well. Christopher Reeve, Christian Bale, and Hugh Jackman are all perfect for the characters they played.

13. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I spent most of the Spiderman movies wanting to bang Peter and MJ's heads together repeatedly until they got some sense knocked into them. This left me rather frustrated so I didn't enjoy the movies as much as I might have. :p

So that leaves Daredevil as my favorite Superhero movie. :D It's not even really that I liked Ben Affleck as Daredevil, but I liked the darker, grittier feel of the movie.

14. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Oh jeez, most of them are so terrible (doing nothing but letting fans see their heros up on the big screen - give fans that, and they'll pay money to see it)... but I'd say the first Spiderman and Batman Begins are the best ones (even if Begins is a little over heavy on the seriousness).

15. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Superman 78 will always be my favorite; no matter what comes out from now on. It was magical and came out at the right point for my age. I really did beleive a man could fly...and one of John Williams best scores.

Someone up there actually likes Daredevil?? I thought I was the only one. I liked it better than Spiderman. The grittier darker character of Daredevil just appealed to me much more these days; and I thought Affleck was pretty good in the role. He gets a lot of crap these days, he will never be a great actor, but he's not as bad as many say.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I love the X-MEN movies. I knew nothing about the characters and only saw the first one on DVD but was shocked by what a great story it had. I immediately became a fan of the series.

After that I'd put the original SUPERMAN '78. Christopher Reeves WAS Superman, there's just no way that anyone else can take his place. From the previews of the new film, I can't see that it's any different then the original, so why bother?

Then I'd place SPIDERMAN. I love the pure joy that Tobey McGuire puts into Peter Parker as Spiderman. The series is great fun to watch.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    My favorites are the Two Spiderman Movies. Tobey McGuire really does make you feel for Peter in these.

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    The Superman movies, Batman, Batman Begins, Batman Returns.

19. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I like the X Men movies as well as Batman, Batman Returns and Batman Begins

20. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I haven't seen very many, but most definately I'd have to say Batman Begins :cool:

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    its hard to narrow down to a particular movie. i really like the batman and superman movies. but i also like x-men and spiderman

22. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    The original Superman, Batman Begins, and the x-men movies have been most enjoyable so far. Some other comic book movies have been entertaining, but those stand out. Hopefully I'll be able to add Superman Returns and Ghost Rider to that list some day.

23. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    For me it's three way tie between Spider-Man 2 and the X-Men movies. Both comic series are favorites of mine and IMO the films did a great job in not only rooting them in reality but staying true to the comics. Hopefully the third installments will be even better.

24. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I absolutely love the X-Men movies.

25. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    superman, it was the second film i ever saw at the pictures, back in the mists of time. burton's "batman" is also superb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.