main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Favorite "The Mandalorian" Character Music Theme by Ludwig Göransson

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Master Jedi Fixxxer, Jan 27, 2022.

?

Which one is your favorite "The Mandalorian" character theme musical composition?

1. Din Djarin

90.0%
  2. Moff Gideon

30.0%
  3. Bo Katan

10.0%
  4. Boba Fett

10.0%
  5. Luke Skywalker

20.0%
  6. Kuiil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Cobb Vanth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    The genius that goes by the name Ludwig Göransson has composed so far a total of 10 collections of soundtrack music for "The Mandalorian", one for each of the first 8 Chapters, one for Chapters 9-12 and one for Chapters 13-16.

A recurring occurence in this music, is a specific "character theme" when certain characters appear in an episode, which of course tracks back to a similar approach in the original 6 Star Wars movies, with specific themes for Luke, Yoda, Leia, Darth Vader and so on. I personally find this one of the many reasons why "The Mandalorian" has been so successful, as the music in the show is beautifully composed and orchestrated, in a very fitting manner to the events that are taking place during any of the episodes.

I was just curious about which one of the musical themes below is your favorite. Please vote (and hopefully elaborate) on this after trying to minimize your bias towards the characters, as I think it would be interesting to see what people think of the various (very familiar now) themes throughout the first 2 seasons of the show. I was considering adding the "Ahsoka Theme" and also including the track called "Open The Door" as a theme for Grogu, but I decided against it. Ahsoka's theme (called "Ahsoka Lives") as heard in "The Jedi is a mashup of the original Mandalorian theme, infused with the very characteristic and truly beautiful music by Kevin Kiner, which we heard in The Clone Wars, accompanying Ahsoka when she appeared. And when it comes to Grogu, he really doesn't have a very specific theme attached to his appearances for now.

So the options for this poll are the following:

• Din Djarin theme - The Mandalorian (Chapter 1)
    • Moff Gideon theme - The Arrival (Chapter 7)
    • Kuiil theme - Kuill (Chapter 7)
    • Cobb Vanth theme - The Marshal's Tale (Chapter 9)
    • Bo Katan theme - Ship O Hoj, Mandalorians! (Chapter 11)
    • Boba Fett theme - Capture The Flag (Chapter 14)
    • Luke Skywalker theme - A Friend (Chapter 16)
    I gave 2 choices to everyone, to make it a little bit more interesting.
    And I am including the YouTube links below, for people who want quick access and a reminder:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    No love for Kuiil's theme?

there's poor old forgotten Cobb Vanth as well

3. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Thank you, I will edit the post and include them. Can I add poll options? Not sure about that
    Ok he's not as major as other characters IMO but I do have to be inclusive. After all he got more screen time than Gideon and Fett probably.

4. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    Din Djarin and Lady Bo-Katan

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  5. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I'd say just include every character that has a theme in the poll.

Which Boba Fett theme? I assume you mean the one from The Tragedy.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    The answer is the main theme from The Book of Boba Fett. I really like Boba's theme from The Mandalorian as well, but I attribute it more closely to his bounty hunting / crime lording.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Yes, this topic focuses on the Mandalorian show only.
    I have provided links with the themes.

Can a moderator add the Kuill and the Cobb Vanth options in the poll?
    @A Corpse of Disapproval @Todd the Jedi

8. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Din's theme is now iconic, it has to be the number 1 but I loved Luke's theme - A Friend. The notes just really capture the wonder and awe both we and the characters behind the door have as this legend shows up and on first viewing, you think its him but you don't know and then it builds to two crescendos that just make your eyes water as the reveal happens. It is just perfect to match this laser sword wielding mysterious character. Its an instant classic in my view.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I love Din's theme, but man is Gideon's awesome. Imperial March-level awesome, in my view. I know, I know. You can put the pitchforks down. ;)

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  10. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    You had two votes :p

And no pitchforks there. It is a glorious theme. I voted for "A Friend" and "The Mandalorian" , but I feel bad for not voting the Moff Gideon and Bo Katan ones. I will actually change my vote to Moff Gideon's theme

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh right! Done. Gideon and Din then.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I vote Mando and Moff Gideon. Gideon's theme is so deliciously evil.

Bor Mullet likes this.