main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Favourite Obscure Pieces of Lore

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 19, 2022.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @Kato Sai.

My thoughts.

1. Sith returned to known space after finding Korriban, including Dreypa. (Lost Tribe comics, Essential Guide to the Force)

2. Worlds outside the Caldera have Sith influences specifically from the Exiles; Sigil, Taris, Syngia - Syn, Muur, Dreypa, respectively. (the Old Republic game).

3. Tulak Hord as a Sith Lord, in his lifetime, fought a thousand Jedi on Yn and Chabosh. (Old Republic game)

4. There was said to be no contact between the Jedi and Sith between 6,900 and 5,000 BBY. (Many sources)

5. Tulak Hord used a lightsaber, not a Sith sword, by many accounts. (KotoR II initially)

6. His Sith relics were as scattered as Balmorra and Alderaan, inside Republic Space in all of eras of the Empire. (The Old Republic MMO)

Making all this reconcile points at Tulak Hord heading into Known Space with the Sith who attacked the Republic circa 6,900 BBY.

Ajunta Pall suggests none returned from that expedition. (The Essential Guide to the Force). But we know Hord died as the Dark Lord of the Sith, suggesting he returned to seize the Caldera and died there. (The Old Republic)

EDIT

Oh and Sadow’s body died in 4,400 BBY but his spirit persisted until at least 3630 BBY.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    @Sinrebirth Is it possible Hord’s slaughter of so many Jedi, one warrior cutting down so many made The Jedi believe it could not be a Sith, but some other calamity? That they refused to believe it was The Sith like the Jedi Council initially does in The Prequels:

[​IMG]

It is possible Ajunta Pall was wrong? Did not know of Hord’s successes? Its kinda like in other historical accounts on Earth, two historians may not recognize one another, or have different events because they saw different things.

Darth Caliban and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If Hord returned after Pall died then his Holocron recordings can be correct, but Yn and Chabosh, especially Chabosh, is very deep in Republic space for a siege to be fought, and Sith came from the academy on Korriban to join the fight.

I’d struggle to believe the Jedi and Republic didn’t wonder about the Sith a few centuries before the Great Hyperspace War.

Kato Sai likes this.
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Jedi seem to blind themselves over and over:

“For 300 years, we prepared; we grew stronger while you rested in your cradle of power believing your people were safe and protected. You were trusted to lead the Republic, but you were deceived. You thought no force could challenge you..” (Darth Malgus, Deceived Trailer)

[​IMG]
    Master Yoda

[​IMG]

My point is The Jedi tend to delude themselves into The Sith are extinct over and over, and then are surprised when The Sith return. They fail to grasp as long as there is one who learns the ways of the dark side, and seeks the secrets of the Sith in tombs, holocrons, and etc; The Sith can be reborn from the ashes.

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This is only sorta 'lore' related, but: I've always been amused by the behind the scenes stories from the KOTOR comics of artists misinterpreting JJM's directions, such as how one issue opens with the Arkanian Legacy docked to a huge refueling station because the artist wasn't familiar with the term 'holding station'. In a similar instance, the Republic starship Ecliptic was created because the letterer didn't understand that when the script contained dialogue about something in a space battle taking place 'off the ecliptic' or whatever, it was referring to the actual astronomical term, and so capitalized and italicized it as a ship name would be.

What amuses me about this particular case, though, is that the name Ecliptic (no 'Rand') did in fact have precedent as a Republic ship name specifically. So it's not really all that weird a name.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  6. In Disney Canon the Rogue Squadron was named in honor of Rogue One

In the Legends Young Han Solo Origin Novels Han goes to Alderaan and saw a Video or Hologram of Bail Organa with Kid Leia Years before ANH

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2023
    Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Who I really miss is Jerec, The Dark Jedi and later the Reborn dark side cultists. That in New Jedi Order era The Sith proper do not re-emerge immediately, but rather other dark side factions do first.

order_67 and Ithorians like this.
  8. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Prince Xizor was first mentioned in Darksaber, published months before the Shadows Of the Empire project was launched. Durga mentions serving him years before.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Prince Xizor was a great villian, I wish he’d be in a new game or book.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Something interesting about this I noticed at the time is that in Legends it was established that Red Squadron at Endor was in fact Rogue Squadron temporarily renaming itself in honor of the Red Squadron that was all but wiped out at Yavin. Whereas in canon it's implied Red Squadron may have been renamed to Rogue Squadron, IIRC.

So in both cases we have the unit naming itself in honor of a group of Rebel heroes who sacrificed themselves to take down the Death Star, but which one's the original name and which one's the tribute gets switched around. That's kind of neat.

11. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    That's amazing! I always thought Darksaber came out later because of that mention.

SWpants and Nom von Anor like this.
  12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Was there originally going to be connection between The Death Star and Skywalker’s original name Starkiller?

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  13. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Just found this out by complete accident.

Admiral Terrinald Screed was present at the Battle of Endor, according to his Wookieepedia page. Holy heck. That makes things interesting.

cthugha and Sinrebirth like this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That is!

Screed becoming a warlord and being killed by Zsinj is fairly fun, mind you.

Krennal helped take down Drommel and Grazz, too.

Also, the Encyclopaedia invented an attack on Cuitric by Admiral Kre’frey with the Emancipator.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    cthugha likes this.
  15. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    I actually really like the "feuding warlords" era of the Legendsverse. Like, another detail from that period was that Lumiya was going around "cleaning up" the rest of Palpatine's leftover Darksiders to ensure she and she alone would carry on the legacy of the Sith.

16. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    I love the fact that MC80B cruiser Mon Remonda was destroyed by the World Devastator Silencer-7 during the Battle Of Calamari. We never see it on page; in fact the Remonda is not even mentioned in Dark Empire since it was not created yet. Its end was only invented by guide books after the fact. It always seemed to me a fitting end to a warship that saw a lot during her relatively brief career.

Plus, it lends even more threat to Silencer-7, because that means it destroyed two capital ships: After all, that thing also ate the Emancipator, another famous Alliance veteran.

17. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Hmm, that's an interesting way to tie up the stories of some of the more obscure Darksiders like Croym, Winslau Da'k, or Drayneen.

cthugha likes this.
  18. There is a Short Story in the New Canon with Luke flirting with a Rebel Guy in Hoth one of the most crazy moments in the New Canon im not against LGBT Characters but Luke always liked Girls he liked Leia since he watched her in the Hologram Luke dont like Guys or he is Bi i think this Short Story will be Forgotten

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    What short story?

20. I dont remember but i saw the Story on Wookieepedia

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Is this where they hold hands to get Luke through a claustrophobic panic attack?

Reyé may have been gay/bi but that doesn't mean Luke was.

(And even if he was, it's not that crazy.)

@Nom von Anor, I forget that Mon Remonda fact could be considered obscure, but it really is, in hindsight.

Nom von Anor and Dream-Thinker like this.
  22. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    The story you're thinking of is "Luke on the Bright Side" by Sam Maggs, from the Stories of Jedi and Sith collection.

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Here’s obscure.

The Emperor’s Pawns endnotes confirmed the Kathol Rift Disaster was circa 10,000 BBY.

24. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The story shows him having an attraction to Reyé Hollis, so yes, Luke would presumably be bi, if any label were to be applied. That doesn't somehow mean he doesn't like girls any more.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Bingo.

wreath likes this.