main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Favourite Obscure Pieces of Lore

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 19, 2022.

1. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    The challenge with Squadrons is that the most interesting stuff isn't even mentioned in the story or the multiplayer mode; it's embedded in the various cosmetic options. Helmet designs, fighter markings, etc. all include a brief description that sometimes include tantalizing bits of lore - the bit above about Mistral Squadron is included with an off-pink color pattern for your fighter, while the "Bronze Baron" TIE pilot helmet makes reference to the "Vonregs, Sienars, and other noble families" who have devoted themselves to the Imperial war effort. I have no idea if there's a transcript that captures any or all of that, but I've grabbed some screenshots for my own archive. I'll send you a link.

Beyond that, no idea if there's some sort of transcript of the game floating around out there. It's possible, for sure.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Okay, looking at Wookieepedia, I found Trantor, but the only Osiris is Osiris Station (from a Rebels tie-in comic, ironically enough).

Though that itself is interesting because it's a recanonization of the space platforms from TIE Fighter and company, which until this point I had not known about.

3. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Think the part of some Tusken being human is still canon.

Strongly doubt that Boba Fett was the first one ever to be adopted by a Tusken tribe.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

QuinlanSolo and Golbolco like this.
  4. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
  5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Dooku’s solar sailer was a Huppla Pasa Tisc sloop of the limited Punworcca 116 model.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  6. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    According to the first issue of Marvel's Star Wars comic, the Rebel Alliance's "first victory" was the Battle of Yavin, with the opening crawl as an overview of the story to come instead of a prelude.

7. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I'll always be indebted to Abel and Leeland Chee for running with that name. :D

8. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Per the old Decipher card game, Gunray and Haako of all characters are mildly Force-sensitive. [face_laugh]

cthugha and Nom von Anor like this.
  9. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    For me it’s the debrief of Arden Lyn in EGttF

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    The original Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game rulebook offered interesting alternate methods of Telekinetic Kill-ing good guys beyond the old standby of Vader-style crushing of the trachea. One could squeeze the heart, or employ the particularly grisly "stir the brain."

11. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Hard to choose just one favorite obscure bit, so I'll go with this one for now: the Rebel Alliance (in Legends, at least) has both Special Operations and Special Forces, and despite having such similar names, they are so different that the basically exist in entirely different genres. SpecOps are cinematic heroes who overcome million-to-one odds with chaotic seat-of-the-pants plans in murky undercover operations, while SpecForces are professional soldiers who conduct specific, carefully planned military objectives under realistic constraints. Sometimes a member of one group would get assigned to a unit of the other, and I can only imagine the chaos that would ensue from having someone embedded in your unit who lives their life under an entirely different narrative regime than you and your unit do ...

cthugha, Sarge, Darth_Duck and 4 others like this.
  12. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Where can I see this?

13. Gregar Typho was in Love with Padme in the Legends Universe

Vialco likes this.
  14. A Childhood friend of Boba Fett in Legends Garr was an Excargan and says that Excargans until the age of 13 dont know if they are Males or Females so i can assume that the Excargans choose their gender depending on their orientation similar to the Hutts i find it interesting

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2022
    cthugha likes this.
  15. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Some of the cultural traits of various species described in the Essential Guides are pretty amusing.

Like, the Kubaz have survived for eons on a diet entirely of insects, which has rendered them culturally unable to see any insects as anything other than food. The Republic refused to let them in unless they acknowledged that insectoid sapients are people and guaranteed the Rights of Sentience same as any other. They always refused to do so.

The Koorivar are horrified by the concept of marrying for love. Think of the potential financial insecurity!

The Arkanians are, for lack of a better term, absolutely bonkers; they're basically an entire society of Wernher von Brauns, who just want to do as much awesome science as they can irrespective of morals and consequences.

16. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    That makes you wonder if the Kaleesh ever called in the Kubaz to help in the Huk War.

17. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    And Vader killed him for it.

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  18. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Miracle Meriko was a famous musician who was wanted by the Empire, albeit for a paltry 20,000 credits. His music was part of Kar’du’sai Malloc’s vast repository. Boba Fett played Meriko’s lost music after capturing Malloc and turning him over to the Devaronian government.

I remember that moment. Fett sitting in the darkened cockpit of Slave I, helmet off as he listened to a lost master’s work. Taking comfort in the knowledge that Malloc’s bounty would be enough to pay for his medical treatments. Something I can relate to rather more now, as an adult. A good memory of an obscure piece of fiction.

19. KamSolusar

KamSolusar Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    It was in a story on Star Wars Galaxies' official website, which was taken down over a decade ago. I spent some time digging through archived versions in the Internet Archive and found something, but I'm not sure if there isn't more. The stuff I've found doesn't explicitly mention his name, but seemingly attributes Bast's coversation with Tarkin from ANH to this character.

In Undercover in Mos Eisley it says
    And in Dirty Deeds it quotes Bast and Tarkin

Also found another interesting little piece of info here:
    Seems like Vader maybe had a bit of a soft spot for old Watto.

ColeFardreamer and Vialco like this.
  20. The equivalent of the Sith Eternal and the Final Order in Legends was Operation Shadow Hand and the Dark Side Elite i am intrigued how Sedriss QL was a descendant of Ulic Qel Droma i can only wonder if the other Dark Jedi of the Dark Side Elite were also descendants of important Force Users

21. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Interesting, who else may Vader have protected via such an hands off order? The Lars family perhaps?

Sedriss as Ulics descendant only makes sense if Ulic had a kid either before meeting Nomi with someone else (unlikely) or afterwards when he was a Sith Lord. But if Aleema would be the mother... does that even work timingwise till her death? And we know the Keto family had descendants in the PT, though not necessarily through her.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Or he could be from Vima's line - with Ulric and Vima Sunrider having had an affair before Ulric was murdered - at some point shortly after the ice sculptures were completed and the two became emotionally close.

Maybe Vima Da-Boda's daughter who took up with the cruel warlord, had a son, he murdered her (and then was killed in revenge by Vima) but after she had her child) and the child was raised by the warlord's attendants.

Making him Vima Da-Boda's grandson.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  23. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

Are you suggesting Ulic got involved with a 14 year old girl? Ugh! No thx. I don't like this he wanted her mother but got the daughter tropes. It's weird enough already that Isolder went for it in Legends or tried to.

I headcanoned for a while that Neema DaBoda had a kid that survived her killing. But in my posts, it was somebody else and tied to other redhead characters well known.

I rather think Sedriss like others claimed descendance from a famous name or faked it to feel more important rather than actually being of lineage. Would fit darksiders to create fake genealogies to be allowed to join the tournament and rise in rank A Knights Tale style. Go Sedriss!

cthugha likes this.
  24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    14? I thought she was 18 or so.

I'd agree that through Vima is not the ideal way of connecting Sedriss to Ulric and Nomi.

IMO probably better for a different route, if Sedriss has to be connected to Ulric. "Via Alema Rar", would require a bit of a timeskip between comic books, unless the Ketos have access to artificial wombs or surrogates, allowing Alema to go off to war, un-pregnant, soon after getting pregnant.

Does the tie-in material say he is a descendant of Ulric, or merely that he claims to be one?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'd think that writing such an order would be counter-productive. All it does is call attention to the people he wants left alone.

RogueWhistler likes this.