main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Favourite Obscure Pieces of Lore

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 19, 2022.

1. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    I don't think all Sullustans are hairless - Dllr Nep had a beard, and now that I check it looks like the diner owner from TCW had (not much) hair, too.

2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Maybe Sullustans are actually furry but love to shave! Hey... are they just shaved Ewoks?

cthugha, Vthuil and FS26 like this.
  3. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I'm not convinced that isn't some sort of caterpiller on Dllr Nep's face, but the point is taken. Still, don't go trusting skinny bakers and bald barbers.

4. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

Well for that matter, there is a trend in SW... Dr. Evazan is a surgeon but far from the beauty he promises his clients!

Darth_Duck and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  5. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    In the comic series with that Jedi who survived Order 66, Dass Jenir? They were going to rescue that Separatist's kid and it turns out that she was bought and eaten by some guy who buys and eats child slaves. Talk about the most evil man in the galaxy.

ColeFardreamer and Nom von Anor like this.
  6. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Baroness Omnino from the Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan: Last Stand On Ord Mantell comic also dealt in slaves and ate them; in her case, she was fond of Mantellian Savrips.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Yikes. I think I remember that. I remember being disturbed by those comics, but I don't remember the specifics. :eek:

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    One of the sourcebooks for the FFG RPG mentioned that the Tales of the Jedi comics and KOTOR games are known in-universe as ancient epic literature, called The Qel-Droma Cycle and The Revan Cycle respectively. It's noted that even for a space-age society, having accurate records from that far back is extremely difficult, and as a result nobody's completely sure how well the epics match up to the true events they were based on...

9. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    bet one will some day say the same about the Calrissian Chronicles!

cthugha and Hamburger_Time like this.
  10. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    I don't see why anyone would want to get a haircut from a wookie. You never see a wookie with an actually unique haircut!

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I already say that about the Calrissian Chronicles. It's the only way they make sense.

12. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Snoova wants a word with you!

Nom von Anor likes this.
  13. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Depending on the events of TOTJ and KOTOR happening in Canon and again being depicted in another form, i hope they retcon KOTOR into something resembling TOTJ aesthetically. Instead of the other way around.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

14. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Two recent finds:
    1. There is a sector of Coruscant called "Darkside" (thanks to the Living Force campaign, which seems to inhabit a pocket universe of its own within Legends).
    2. Clone trooper helmets have "windshield wipers", as seen in the Republic Commando games where they conveniently remove bug splatter etc from your viewscreen.

15. KamSolusar

KamSolusar Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Unlike pretty all other Legends sources, WEG's sourcebook Cracken's Threat Dossier actually states that rancors don't originate on Dathomir:

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Reminds me of how Revan (novel) says that Dromund Kaas is the “long-lost ancestral homeworld” of the Sith.

17. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Obscure piece of lore I do love is the character of "Jacob Nion"...

now if you go "who is that?" yeah that is how obscure he is!

Well most know him under another name, but to me he will be forever Jacob Nion. And that printing issue where the german novel released before the US ones that got a new name corrected, gave us this original character name throughout the entire novel for him. Not even sure if they corrected it in preprints.

cthugha likes this.
  18. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Aayla Secura fought a giant beast on Endor to help an Ewok village during the Clone Wars.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    Dream-Thinker and Darth_Duck like this.
  19. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
  20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Sovereign was at the Battle of Dathomir. [face_oops]

21. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    The wonderful thing about the combat umbrella is that the image of clones drifting lazily down to the battlefield is exactly as goofy as the name implies.

[​IMG]

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ Still makes more sense than heli-sabers.

PCCViking likes this.
  23. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
  24. ChromiumCoat

ChromiumCoat Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2022
    Man, those comics were wild, lol. I remember the one where Yoda carried a massive crate on his back that inexplicably held a comically large laser turret.

25. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    I love them. I love them so much. They might be my favourite thing put out by Dark Horse.

Loved it. "He's just a little bitty feller!"

I also loved Aurra Sing being chased by a swarm of "smart mines" that said things like:
    "I am not a bomb"
    "We just want to talk to you"
    "The beeping you hear is not a proximity detector"

And the one with the Battle Droid that bumped his head and decided he wanted to live instead of fight