main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fear And Love Preggers speaks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pregnantpadme, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I've pretty much stopped frequenting these boards, partially because profic has killed the joy I once found in SW fanfic, partially because I've become active in another fandom.

But this fic? This is one of the few I've continued to check up on, just to see, just in case there is an update. I would very much love to see you continue it (and I know, it's a bit hypocritical of me to ask that, as I've all but abandoned Best Intentions despite my best intentions not to do so).

I hope there is enough interest in this to make you want to fix/finish it - but remember, too, that if finishing this story is something you want to do, you should do it for yourself as much as for your readers.

~Abby

2. LadyMara85

LadyMara85 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2006
    I'm a lurker but I had to come out and say please please please finish this! I love it! The characters are so well drawn, you have sucked me in compleatly. I had read most of it a while back and loved it, hoped to see it again and when I saw it I just had to read through the whole thing again, and I really really want the end :)

I will be very sad if I never get the end to this wonderful story.

3. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    Wow! Just did a read through and I am really looking forward to more.
    If you could add me to the PM list that would be awesome! ^_^

UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    It was pretty sad for me to read that not only were you not really planning on finishing Fear and Love, but that you were thinking about giving up the SW fandom and writing for good. Imagine my surpise (and great delight) when I logged on today and saw that you are reconsidering!

I have read through the fic at least three times over the years, and am actually excited to do so again if you decide to continue it. I just wanted you to know that you still have a fan in me. :)

5. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Upping this, so more people can show some love for this 'fic. It needs to be finished. End of story.

6. Tahiri_Rose

Tahiri_Rose Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2004
    I actually was thinking about this story today and decided to come back to the boards to see if I could find it. I would love for you to finish this fic, it contains my one true SW favorite pair which is Tahiri/Jacen ... so few people write it, and this is one of the best. Please Continue!!!

Rose

7. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Just adding my love to this here thread @};- [face_love] It's been my favourite tale on these boards from the beginning, and it's still my favourite to date.

Ant.

8. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Hi! Just read this through from the beginning (a mammoth task I kid you not) and I just want to tell you that this definitely should continue and I would definitely read it, eventually, I have to confess I come onto these boards once every six months or so at the moment. I love this, its odd pairing (Kypella), its cool OC's (Cem), its highly original plotlines (F&L), and not to mention the little bit at the start of each chapter that begins 'Previously on... (insert some soap-opera style name hear)'.

I hope you do continue it and if you do please send me a PM.

Many Thanks

Peter

9. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Add me to the list of people who'd love to see more. I found this when I was in hospital earlier this year (thank the maker for laptops and WLAN :p), waiting for my chemo therapy. It and a number of other stories helped against the boredom. ;)

10. melino

melino Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2008
    OMG I would LOVE it if you would finish this...i haven't been on the boards in months and just logged back in today to see if anything had been posted in the story! I started reading it about a year ago and was instantly captivated....so please, please finish it! It is worth waiting for :)

11. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Okay, so I'm going to start a huge review to bounce this thing back up... :D

I was wondering why there was no update, because you said you'd started posting the edits... and now I realise they're posted OVER the existing drafts in the same thread... coy but awesome! =D= [face_mischief] [face_dancing]

Funky author's notes. You gotta love the NJO girls, even if the creative team sometimes seems determined to treat them as victims in a sort of meta-soap-opera of underwriting... :p

I like the way the lyrics lay out the basic tensions, and the tune establishes the mood... :D

I love the way that you play with the reader in the opening - even though I know now what's about to happen.

Description of Jysella is stonking, and further implies what the problem is... although, in a way (and we're back to the chorus again), it's really Luke's problem, only the Jedi Master can't see/admit that... :D

[face_whistling] :p

Excellent combination of stubbornness and confidence and control - and another important message; women are too much for men to handle, in oh-so-many cases... :D

But it's also fun to watch. Even for me. :p

I find it funny that Kyp's concerned about his reputation, too - his respectability. :D
    ?I guess I was wrong to think that you were mature enough to handle this like an adult.?

[face_laugh] Win! =D=

And I love the way she snaps from there into an entirely logical point (and thrust)...

"... get a room"?! [face_laugh] :p

I also like the way that Luke and Kyp slip from being two responsible Jedi Masters to two guys watching the sunset with alcohol...

:D Very good first scene - it's not the main plot, but it IS the main themes. :D

Jacen is a Jedi - an intense, demanding Jedi, but definitely a Jedi here... albeit, one who uses his apprentice as his wingman, which is a surprise, but not entirely illogical - I love the ambiguity of using "TK training" as a counterweight to "picking up things"... :D :p

The interesting thing is how much more complex and controlled Tahiri's POV is - Jacen and Valin may be denying their complexity, but they're striving to be simple and honest and lightsaber-straight in their aims; Tahiri is MUCH more sophisticated, and thus classy and attractive... I love how their actions establish them as the characters they are in this scenario...

Last line of first update's an abolute stunner of a way to keep us reading, though. :D =D=

- The Imperial Ewok

12. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    Preggers ?

Preggers! I just watched a documentary about teen moms in Brazil and they kept saying ?prego? and this is not relevant to your story at all but stars, there?s a helluva lotta kids getting knocked up in Brazil. Do keep an eye on Big Sithter when the time comes.

I?m finally caught up on Fear and Love!! Sorry it took me so long. Ahhh so much good stuff here, I?m too impatient to go back to the beginning so I guess I?ll start with where I left off.

Jacen?s whole breakdown of ?Strip, drink, or pay-the-kriff-up Sabaac? was priceless. First of all, how you even came up with a GFFA analogue to strip poker that retains its peculiar GFFAness is just ? kudos, man, kudos. Second of all, Jacen?s running commentary and Cem?s questions are hilarious yet insightful, and this was such a great segue into exploring everybody?s ?issues.?

?I have never detected a lack of self confidence in Jag either.?
    ?Have you detected a sense of humor? Because we?ve been looking for that for years.?

[face_laugh]

The TK/Cem scene that followed was so hot I had to excuse myself from my sister?s room cuz I didn?t want her to see how red my face was getting. This is what really converted me, the part where she told him she was getting married and he felt like a bantha had jumped on his chest. Before, I had thought the pairing was a little outrageous, but you have a way of making characters talk about their feelings so authentically, and when she rejected him my heart just broke for Cem.

Oh man ?Lean on Me? was playing in my head while Jag and Tahiri caught up. When she pulled a cigarette ? excuse me, deathstick ? out of her purse I was like YES. I don?t smoke but if anyone needs a cig it?s Tahiri and that one gesture was like the distillation of the whole scene.

?I suppose...now that I think about it, it makes sense that when you put a young, smart, beautiful woman together with a...Kyp...
    That was well put. Kyp is such a strong personality, I had been missing him for the remainder of Chapter 1. Glad to see the Kyp/Jella ship getting some airtime.

They had begun joking that Valin was part Falleen and wondered which side of the family it came from.
    *falls over laughing* I nominate Booster.

I?m halfway through the Legacy books right now so seeing Alema going out to eat with a bunch of Jedi before hitting up Tahiri?s concert was kind of disconcerting, but it?s just one more reason that I love the emotional authenticity of your characters and their really messy, really normal lives sans raging galactic war.

Also, I must admit I live for your soap opera recaps! [face_ROFL]

:eek: @ Tahiri the slinking, purring singing sensation vixen. Move over, Shakira, Queen of the Gyrating Hips!

I recall I was really impressed with your chapter titling in Fragile but now I see that was just the tip of the iceberg. Did you actually write some of these lyrics? Even if you didn?t, they?re so appropriate! EDIT: okay well I guess that answers my question. Still, you/Tahiri have good taste in music!

So why did it feel like someone was burying a vibroblade into his gut.
    Omg it's !jealous Kyp. Loved the line about him not being big on denial. Can?t wait for a !hot Kyp/Jysella scene. And it?s ironic given his history of going rogue that he?s such a hardliner about Tahiri?s decision to leave the Order.

?We?ve barely gone five klicks. What?s your problem??
    ?I?m old and tired.?
    ?I don?t accept that answer. That would make me old too.?
    ?Maybe you?d have more energy if you didn?t spend so much time engaged in contemplation and shielding.?

I love your heart-to-hearts! I can already tell this one is going to be awesome^n.

Rabeeta wasn?t sure if it was the fact that Miss Cracken had left him impaired, or left him for a rival, that really angered him. What Rabeeta did know was that the only reason Erelas was still alive and plaguing the galaxy, was because Huf was not a rocket scientist?and she was.
    Rabeeta is a viper, but I like her sense of humor. Huf just went up a few notches in my estimation for (a) not o

13. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    *surfaces from below the dark and frigid waters of year end tax hell and my own writer's burn out to sputter and look around*

Yeah... I'm still alive...

Barely.

And posting to apologize for disappearing on you all.

I was on such a writing tear there for a while, cranking out thousands of words per week of Fragile that it never crossed my mind that I'd hit a wall and barely be able to place my fingers on a keyboard and type more than my name once I got the epilogue to Fragile up. Then - once I did get it up all my mojo evaporated and I've been all but useless ever since. Actually, that's being generous. I've been sort of a blackhole of productivity since I finished Fragile. I've been sucking other people dry of their productivity from what I can gather.

But, I'm finally feeling like I'm starting to bounce back a little, recouping a little energy. So I thought I'd drop in and let you readers know that I'm still working on posting the edits for FaL that Beta Bea finished and I should be able to wrap my brain around some actual writing soon; Dex needs to be heard and his voice is growing louder with each passing day so its only a matter of time before I'll have no choice but to pour his Interlude out into a word doc.

I have also started replies to the wonderful notes you've all been leaving me. Again, I can't thank you all enough for your messages and support of the story. It really does mean a lot and now that my exhaustion from 7 months of almost non stop writing of Anakin and Tahiri is fading and my main hobby (sleeping 18 hours a day) is starting to be replaced by reading and writing again, a very different Tahiri will have somethings to share... with a very different Jacen perhaps.

Hope you all had a fabulous first 6 weeks of 2010 and I'll be in touch very soon.

Elle

14. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Looking forward to it. :D

Ant.

15. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    L,

Your writing has changed my life in ways I had never imagined were possible.

If you find the will and inspiration to finish this story someday, I still think it deserves to be told and I would be glad to see it. I will not comment on it if you do, but you should know that if I see it posted, I will read it until the end.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

I haven't forgotten -- LOL

And I still believe I will be richly rewarded once this starts!!!!

Hugs!!!!!!

17. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Good to see you!
    Looking forward to the posties!

18. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Hey guys!

Thanks for the kind words. I can hardly believe it's the middle of July.

Where on earth has the year gone?

Finishing up Fragile sort of sucked all of my writing mojo and I figured that it would only take me a couple of weeks to get my groove back on... then my dad had an emergency quadruple by-pass and I got thrown into the front seat at work - covering for him so that our clients didn't realize that he was not in the office - because if they realized the big guy wasn't at the reigns they might lose confidence in us... not realizing I was was ready to take over.

Remember that season on X-Files when they kept pretending Mulder had just popped out to run to the liquor store, or the movie rental place, but really David Duchuvny had left the show? Remember Scully and Skinner telling people 'Oh... you just missed him', 'He asked me to call you back and tell you...' That was me at work trying to pretend that nothing was wrong and that my dad wasn't really lying in an intensive care unit at a nearby hospital. I was playing the sophisticated business woman (ha! Squashing down the scared little girl by day, curling up in a big chair at the hospital next to my daddy at night) and pretending that I knew exactly what I was doing on all of these massive $$$$$ projects.

Thankfully no one caught on and - low and behold... we pulled it off.

I grew lots of grey hair and lost more weight than was good for me, but dad is healthier and in better shape than he's been in years, so I'll take that trade.

Anyway... between kids and work and praying that I wasn't going to lose the paternal parental, and then my new obsession with all things Sookie Stackhouse and Alexander Skarsgard, I've had like no ability to be creative, or get my groove on for Fear and Love. I apologize for that because I totally blew this big wind about picking that up again and finishing it and I had every intention of doing so.

Now - Darth Big Sister is leaving Sunday for three weeks at sleep away camp and I'll only have Darth Little Boy part time... so I'm going to really try to see if I can conjure up some paragraphs.

As a pre b'day gift to myself if nothing else.

Just don't you all go holdin' your breath.

I don't want any dead brain cells on my concsious.

Though, given what the end of that last stupid book gave us of Tahiri... I may have to force myself to start writing and posting, even if what I come up with sucks, because what profic is going to offer up next promises to be so flippin' depressin'.

And now my writin' is gonna sound like Sookeh... Sookeh Stackhouse.

Sorry.

I've just spent two and a half weeks listening to Southern Vampire Mysterys on Audio/iPod while I've been commuting 90 minutes each way to work.

When I get ta talkin' real fast like... ya'd think I jus stepped outta Merlotte's.

Ha!!!!

Tahiri is gonna sound like a Louisanna Barmaid! Who can touch the Force.

You know me, I do not do crossovers.

But Tahiri and Vampire Eric...

No, my Cem is much more along the lines of how I invision Vampire Eric.

And Cem most definitely belongs to Tenel Ka.

Although, now that I think of it, Tenel Ka and Cem would make excellent Vampires.

[face_thinking]

Elle

19. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Hello All!

First off, Thank you to those who took the time to send me emails and messages when this board was locked.

I've finally been checking the site out again and remembered how to unlock topics, so lurkers can comment, or continue to lurk, ands those of you who don't know me personally, and don't have my phone numbers or email addresses can now post here.

And though I've taken care of this with those of you I've actually spoke to; sorry again for yet another disappearing act. Man, if only life would quit interrupting my fanfic activities. Would make writing so much easier. Just when you think it's safe to break out the note books and start writing again...

Dad had to have his heart rebuilt.

No joke.

Beta Bea was nearly done with her first pass through the re-edit, though she mentioned yesterday that she'd like to go through it again for formatting purposes, and Dad has to have a quadruple bypass.

Because triple bypasses are for wimps (his words... not mine).

Of course that meant that I now work in the office 5 days a week (bye bye working from home Thursday and Friday) and commute 15 to 25 hours a week and I only vaguely remember what Darth Little Boy and Big Sithter look like.

In fact... Darth 'Big' Boy is now up to my collar bone, meaning he's about eye level with my rack, which he loves, and Big Sithter is now a Tween, which means she no longer needs a Sith moniker; the 'Tween' designation says it all.

Of course all of this put the kibosh on the writing last year. I could barely manage to get my teeth brushed and my kids breakfasted before school, let alone plot out how Huf was going to take over the galaxy or whether Tahiri, Tenel Ka and the Fels would succeed in stopping him.

BUT... I am still harboring fantasies of finishing this story before my kids go to college, and due to the fact that we just got Empress Tween's (wait, I like that! And they have always had two names. Darth Baby, Darth Toddler, Darth Little Boy, Big Sithter?) Anyway, we just got Empress Tween's Bat Mitzvah date, we are creeping up on her growing up. I mean, I think the boy child was just 2 when I started posting and he had his 8th birthday last month.

Thankfully Dad was polite enough to wait until after I finished Fragile to nearly keel over, because it would have broken my heart if I hadn't gotten that one finished. And now, I really want to take a stab at getting another chunk of Fear and Love up so I need to get my rear in gear. This really could drag on forever if I don't get a move on.

I will be laying Beta Bea's corrections over the old posts, I don't think there will be any content changes, unless I've screwed up dates. If any of you have questions, because something doesn't make sense, feel free to ask as you read and I'll clarify and then correct as we go.

I hope you wont mind if the first few posts aren't up to my normal standards for banter and sharpness. I'm going to work on getting them up as opposed to getting them amazing and up. But right now I'm trying to skim through the posted chapters and make sure I'm not leaving out any little tie in tidbits that I meant to put in.

Yeah... that's right, I'm trying to recreate from memory because I can't find a lot of my already written notes for the second half.

At least since I have lived with the story for so long I know the broad strokes.

Elle

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yesnesss! Wow! A quadruple bypass! Whew! Hugs and roses for getting past that and now on the recuperating side of that! Isn't it shocking how fast kids grow up? A tween already! Are we ready for the teen angst? :p

If you ever need emergency beta help, I'm available. I'm a sponge and work fast.

Not working from home any more -- :( that sucks big time. You don't know how ecstatic I am I don't need to commute o_O

Huggles!!!!!!!

21. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Elle,

It is so nice to see you back. I have missed your writing so much.

And quadruple? Wow. That's insane!

And I cannot believe that yours kids are that big. I swear just yesterday you would talking about them being toddlers.

[face_shocked]

If you ever are in a pinch too, I would be more than happy to help.

22. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    Yikes! Best wishes to your dad! That sounds awfully scary to have to go through.

I don't hang around here so much anymore (Law school tends to rule my time), but I am absolutely looking forward to seeing more of Fear and Love. It's one of my all time favorites, and I got back and re-read it all at least once a year, usually on my breaks between terms.

Thanks for coming back to us! I saw that you made a post over at Fragile, I will be checking it out shortly :)

23. Jedi-Cora_ventir8516

Jedi-Cora_ventir8516 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2011
    I am a newbie to this board and stumbled across F&L and have spent the last week reading it. It is incredible! I would love to see how it all ends. Your descriptions of each of these characters is exactly the way i pictured them in my own imagination and the not so well known characters you have penned fit so perfectly into the SW universe. I have been so disappointed in the ProFic version of so many of these favorite characters that i find this story so refreshing and enjoyable to read. To think that this story has gone on as long as it has is mind boggling to me, but I am looking forward to seeing how it all ends.

24. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    I've always been a little lurker on your writing, and I must say...

Please come back [:D]

Love, marybeth

25. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    *bumps*

...because this is still one of my favourite stories, like, EVER...

- a