main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

February Meeting or Prop/Costume Session Sun Feb 24 2-5 @ Darth Hair's

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    does anyone know how many players you can have on N64 pod racer?

2. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    nope, I just got an n64, but don't have many cool games for it (got the system with 7 games an extra controller, rumble pack, and memory card all for $40...can't beat that). Is pod racer worth getting?

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Four I believe. I played it all the time when I went to babysit this boy. I miss him. He was as crazy about SW as I am. :)

Any way, after a couple tries I really could whip his butt in the game. That and Mario Smash Brothers (but with that game I just pressed buttons randomly and ended up blowing everything up)

BTW, I've got my heat gun I can bring as well.

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I just thought of something else you guys may be interested in using for sculpting. Modeling epoxy resin works good. I have a package, but it's old and the last time I used it, it didn't harden in an hour like it was supposed to. Instead it stayed moldable even after I painted it!

It's called Gapoxio and you can buy a 1 pound package for 13.50(at least from my old sources). It sticks to anything and can be sanded and sculpted like regular clay, however I suggest gloves are used because it sticks to you fingers forever!

I'll try and find the site that sells it...

5. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    This is going to be a great event!!! I'm posting the announcement now!

6. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Also, you can make a blank out of something light, and cover it with the epoxy putty found at Home Depot....it's cheap, and after it hardens, a Dremel cuts real pretty detail; a final coat of resin keeps it's good looks.

7. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    this stuff is way over my head, i like video games and cards... lol

8. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    pod racer is totaly worth it . ive got it and two controlers . it gonna be cold on sunday , mabey a quick race would help warm us up .

ED: You don't need to see his identification.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I belive four also. I had an N64, now I have a PS2.

Anyone have Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds?

10. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    i dont have it yet . i think i need it .oh yes i do .

11. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Do you have a CD burner? :D

12. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    why yes , yes i do . would you mind if i borrowed your copy for say oh about ten minutes ? shall we say tomarrow ?

13. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I *might* be able to arrange that. :D

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Found another possibility for the CF sabers:

Princeton Tec 3 LED Attitude Light

Seems to put out a lot of light, and may fit nicely into the hilt.

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    That's STEALING guys!!!! *tisk tisk* ;)

I happen to be an avid user of morpheus, so i guess it doesn't bother me that much.

I'll see you all in a few hours!

16. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    or so you think...WHERE'S YOUR HOUSE?!?!

17. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    DH posted the directions above.

I can't wait! I'll be taking my costume, and I'll have a blaster or two to work on, as well as a lightsaber. Should be fun.

I also have my SW books, and SWGBG. :D

18. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    That was an absolutely fantastic meeting!!!!

Woohooo!!!

I can't believe how much damage we caused in so little time. :D Everyone that wanted a blaster walked home with the pieces parts for one, and I have to say mega-thanks to Hair and Kit for their help in getting my blasters done and my saber, too!!! :D :D

And Jen definitely has the COOLEST saber on the block!

The only thing we needed was a digi-cam to get pics of the event.

And congrats to Kit for getting elected as our new CR!!!

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    It was great to finally get to meet you guys! I'll definetly have to make it to more meetings. SD and I can carpool when we can find out where eachother is ;)

20. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    it was definitly productive . i vote for the next meeting being down in highlands ranch, castlerock or the springs . at a dennys or something . so we can talk more and get to know everyone better . thanks to everyone for comming over . in a couple of weeks we should have a buttload of sweet blasters .

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I am glad you guys had fun. Maybe next time I can come if it is in a public place and if its closer.

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah, your place is way.... up north. An hour and a half drive for me (when I'm not getting pulled over by state troopers). ;)

How about at a TGI Friday's? There's one here up in the north end of town.

23. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I wouldn't mind a Highlands Ranch meeting, there's a good string of restaurantes near highlands ranch amc 24...there's CB & Potts, Red Robin and Boston's. and near my work there is old chicago. I'm all for a "get to know you meeting" that would be pretty cool. When i went out ther today, i was thinking "geez, this is way the hell out here!!" but on the way back i realized it only SEEMED far because i was looking at every street and it just took longer that way. I can get to DH's house very quick and easily now. I had fun, except i bought the wrong pencil sharpeners :-\

24. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Glad you had a good time, JO!

It's far up there for you, but for me it was a five minute drive. :D

25. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    OUTSTANDING meeting!!!! Thanks to everyone who attended, and BRAVO, I know you were with us in spirit, hoss! JO, those sharpeners are gonna work out good, we just need to modify(my favorite pastime!)them. As for the election, thanks(!?)for the vote of confidence! {;> Jen and I will get the request for a UA meeting together and if we are refused, I'll post it immediately, so we can forge on with the CM's. Jen, your saber is sweet, as is Cory's(sp?)saber-hilt and OW's newly worked saber-hilt and long-neck blaster-MG!!! And the blaster-crew kicked major booty! SD was on the drill-press and shrouds virtually swimming in PVC windings, Jen and DH were hard at work on grips, while Cory and I hacked, slashed, and hammered our way through the barrels....not a bad piece of rescuin', I mean, costumin', if I do say so myself! OW, maybe we'll get to see that get-up of yours next time, eh? JGoC, glad you could finally make it out, and thanks for offering to make JO's Jedi garb for him...if you guys get together and figure out what he needs, send me the list, K? DH...what can I say...to open one's home is truly a fan-effort....and that collection is sweeter than mud-pie, bro! MAN....what a rockin' party....even without the "W.A.S.P." music!!! I need everyone to give me a PM suggestion as to the next meeting down south(I like the idea of a sit-down place, although I think we should shoot for a fairly quiet venue so we can actually talk without shouting, ya kno?) And remember, if you've got any input on anything, post it, don't toast it!!! May the Force be with you....and be wary of the snow ya'll!

PS: Even tho we let the chow get cold, that was a really special gesture....thanks so much!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.